Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)
Gotta wonder what would have happened if Marissa had paired off Ryan with Summer..........
Love that thought......if only.....

Hey add me too plz!!! I'm glad there is another thread here for them!

Icon: babyara

Last edited by 4biddenluv; 07-18-2007 at 11:25 PM
Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cute icons there.

Sasha
Old 07-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4biddenluv - you were added

S.A.S.H.A. - glad you liked it
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

It would have been interesting if Ryan and Summer had been paired off together for the dance. I don't think Ryan would have really made a move on her or anything, because he knew how Seth felt about her, but it would have still been interesting to see their interaction.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It would have been interesting if Ryan and Summer had been paired off together for the dance. I don't think Ryan would have really made a move on her or anything, because he knew how Seth felt about her, but it would have still been interesting to see their interaction.
Thats true. If Ryan/Summer had ever happened on the show I would think its because of Summer making the moves on him. I can't imagine him hurting Seth even accidentally.

Thanks for adding me LoveBen!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
yeah that could have been a cute scene
Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4biddenluv (View Post)
Thats true. If Ryan/Summer had ever happened on the show I would think its because of Summer making the moves on him. I can't imagine him hurting Seth even accidentally.
Yeah, Summer at that point in time would have totally used the opportunity to make a move on Ryan. It would have been interesting to see how he would react (since, like you, I don't see him willing to hurt Seth).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4biddenluv (View Post)

Thanks for adding me LoveBen!!!
ITA. I can see Summer making the move on him (and I don’t think any one would really hate her for it or think she was wrong since her and Seth were not together and she didn’t even knew Seth was in love with her at the time). But I can see Ryan refusing her because he wouldn't want to hurt Seth.

It would have been cool to see them paired up together, like if Ryan was told that he would be her white knight (by Marissa or by the others who organize the dance). This way we could have had a really sweet Ryan/Summer scene I guess Marissa had a good reason not to pair them up
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Suppose the Seth/Summer wedding DIDN'T happen in season 4. What if they had continued the show for more seasons and actually got around the Ryan/Summer romance like they wanted to.....how do you think they would have made it happen?? After I read the quote from Josh about wanting to explore Rymmer, I began thinking and actually I became pretty curious as to how they would have made it happen.

In the pilot itself, where ryan and seth are not even that close, the only reason ryan resists summer coming on to him was bcoz of Seth's feelings for her and now they're like brothers. I think one possibility is that Summer would realise that she has some feelings towards ryan and in order to do justice to Seth's love for her, she would ask for time to think it out before the wedding. Ryan in the meantime would also contemplate on how closer he's become to Summer and how they connect on different levels now. Seth should mature and accept that they might actually have something between them.

Sorry, too much rambling.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, if there was a season 5 and the writers would have wanted to pair up Ryan and Summer they could have made them go to the same collage and Seth going to another different collage. SS will than full out of love (like many teenagers who date during high school and break up when they're in collage) and Ryan and Summer will grow closer.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBEN (View Post)
Well, if there was a season 5 and the writers would have wanted to pair up Ryan and Summer they could have made them go to the same collage and Seth going to another different collage. SS will than full out of love (like many teenagers who date during high school and break up when they're in collage) and Ryan and Summer will grow closer.
oh yeah, I never thought about that possibility and well, it is more plausible than my dumb ideas.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your idea is not dumb. you just thought of things from a different angle. And who's to say my idea will work any way.

Do you think the fans would have liked a Ryan/Summer plot? Obviously us RS fans will, but in general, can you see OC fans accepting this pairing or finding it interesting?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Addicted Fan

i think that it could have worked well in season 4. them bonding over their loss than finding out how much they enjoy each others company.....

icon credit: Holly1985
Old 07-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Your idea is not dumb. you just thought of things from a different angle. And who's to say my idea will work any way.
I guess your right. Thank you.

Quote:
Do you think the fans would have liked a Ryan/Summer plot? Obviously us RS fans will, but in general, can you see OC fans accepting this pairing or finding it interesting?
I think they would have. Honestly, I think everyone would have gotten a bit bored with Seth/Summer all the time. Its not like the time when she dated Zach coz he isnt a part of the core four. But ryan is, and that would have definitely spiced things up on the show. Fans weren't oblivious to their growing friendship in season 3 and 4 so maybe if they made a gradual shift to ryan/summer, people would have eventually accepted them.

Besides, once upon a time, Summer was interested in him, even if it was for just one epiosde!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Well, a couple of episodes.

Quote:
ITA. I can see Summer making the move on him (and I don’t think any one would really hate her for it or think she was wrong since her and Seth were not together and she didn’t even knew Seth was in love with her at the time). But I can see Ryan refusing her because he wouldn't want to hurt Seth.
Who could really blame Summer for being interested in Ryan? He's Ryan, after all.

I don't know. I have a hard time picturing Ryan/Summer getting together on the actual show, to be honest, because I can't quite get past the Seth-thing. And no matter what else happens, Ryan and Seth's friendship could not be destroyed. For me, that was the one fundamental thing in the OC universe. I like considering the possibility of Ryan/Summer in AU fics and things like that, but I'm unsure how it could have happened on the actual show.

icon by lunas_borednow
Closed Thread   Post New Thread