Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I want to see STEVE HOLT as Gob's son and tie up storylines cut off because the reduction.

I just want AD writers to keep doing what they do. Make Michael and Gob HoYay fun and incest acceptable. No other show can do that.

This is one show where I don't worry about a decline in quality.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot this but bring Annyong back. Free Annyong.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

I guess he was a good boy at the academy.
I made my icon.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, they really did Annyong an injustice. But I do kind of see how they felt his plotlines were running thin. He's the one person in the family who doesn't really have his own plots and is just there for other people's jokes because he's just a kid. Hm...

Rach
Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

But Maeby and George Michael are kids too...
I made my icon.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah but they're teenagers. I mean Justin, who plays Annyong, just probably isn't you know as up to the task.

Rach
Old 08-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey y'all, I usually post at The-OP, but a friend referred me to here, so here I am. First post will be a spoiler...please accept me
Quote:
Spoiler:
Thanks to John Beard from the-op for the info.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

hi littlesquish, interesting news... we also have a spoiler board... let me locate that thread on ad for ya...
I made my icon.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Welcome! Thanks for the info, but you might want to edit your post. Spoilers can only be posted on the spoiler board. There are also spoiler tags ([sp ]SPOILER GOES HERE[ /sp] but without the spaces), but I don't think they're really supposed to be used for real spoilers.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

yeah, jujubee, he's got it... and here's the spoiler thread for AD: http://www.fanforum.com/showthread.php?t=31148
I made my icon.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

*picks up phone* oh my, I'm getting my keyboard right now.

Thanks for the welcome and the info guys.

Actually, I thought of a cool idea for season 3. I think it'd be funny if in the season premiere they're all in Lucille's penthouse, and they all have to share beds with eachother, and it will ignite rivalries and awkwardness again. Like Buster vs. GOB, Maeby and GM (post awkward kiss), and Lindsay and Michael. Then they'd all switch around, and we could get Buster sleeping with Michael again like in season 1.

"Buster..."
Old 08-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

That'd be cool.
I made my icon.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot that they don't have a house anymore.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I feel like Ann is played out. I'd like resolution to Maeby's parentage, though, because the cousin thing is still a bit creepy
I don't know that undoing the cousin relationship is ultimately a good idea, at least right away. My vision of the GM/Maeby relationship has always been that they'd finally kiss, and start sneaking around or whatever. Then when they find out they're not related (just spec - I know nothing) they won't be interested in one another anymore. I'm sure for Maeby especially, the forbidden aspect and the opportunity to rebel are a big part of the appeal of the relationship.

Don't get me wrong - I love these two. I just am not sure how the show keeps the excitement in the relationship if they're de-cousined. A big part of the appeal (for me, at least) is in watching something that's taboo. These two are so sweet otherwise. The cousin thing instantly adds an edge.

Quote:
I just want AD writers to keep doing what they do. Make Michael and Gob HoYay fun and incest acceptable. No other show can do that.
Hmmm. The soap opera "Guiding Light" is doing a pretty impressive job right now of making cousins in love acceptable, or at least rootable. There's a couple on there with seriously messed up history and all sorts of issues, who also happen to be half cousins. They aren't "together" right now, but it looks like they may be headed that way. (Which I couldn't be happier about! I started shipping them when everyone thought I was nuts to do so, and I'm finally seeing results! )

It was a rather disturbing epiphany indeed when I realized that my favorite daytime and primetime couples both consisted of cousins. But I did some research, and there's really nothing sick or wrong about cousin relationships. For me, there's just enough of a stigma surrounding the subject to add an extra thrill to watching the stories explored.

So that's my long-winded way of saying I want to see that kiss followed up on and lots more cousin love!

I'd agree with the person who said that they don't have a problem with Maggie per se, but that her episodes tend to be a little too overtly whacky.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

I like that spec about how to handle the GM/Maeby situation. But AD doesn't just deal with incest between cousins. I mean, there's GOB making out with George, Sr, for example.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

GOB didn't say George Sr. was totally into it though!
I made my icon.