Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe being on the Island. and seeing Aaron will help Sawyer realize that he does care for Clementine.

And maybe somehow, one day, it will come up in a conversation with Kate.....

S: I have a daughter....
K: Seriously? (okay, sorry about the Greys reference, but I say it all the time now, )
S: I met her mother on a con, actually I conned her too. She got me arrested and came to visit and told me that I had a daughter.
K: Her name wasnt Cassidy was it?

Actually, did Cassidy ever tell Kate her name, Im drawing a blank,
Old 04-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Firstly, I was thinking that we should get a convo like that someday too...it would be too funny if Kate was like "um, yeah I know her" HAH Plus she could tell Sawyer that Cassidy said she still loved him and that would put an interesting spin on things
And second, yes Cassidy told Kate her name.

Speaking of Kate and Cassidy in Left Behind, I was looking through the caps today and I didn't notice this when I watched the ep:

look at the tear! Poor Cass.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

awwwwwwwww poor Cassidy!!!!! i noticed it in the ep too

and i would love to see sawyers face if kate told him that
Old 04-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

I've been meaning to bring some great posts in here that were made in the J&K thread before I started this one. Hopefully they can foster some discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franci
Am I the only one who found the pretty BIG connection between Kate and Cassidy so... WRONG for skate?! I mean..while they were talking about the baby,and Cassidy said she still loved 'him'..I was like 'omg and Kate's gonna sleep with him.Ewww...this feels ..weird..' These two girls were friends,and even though Kate doesn't know that Cassidy's 'him' is Sawyer..it still feels wrong.. Sawyer was 'present' in this eppy just because of the feelings that Cass had for him..which again,is not good at all for skate. it's like they were showing that Sawyer needs to become a better man because he has someone who's waiting for him..someone who loves him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franci
But they managed to do a pretty interesting thing with putting Cassidy in Kate's flashbacks and showing that Sawyer has someone to go back for.the whole "that is not my kid" in 3x04 was put there for a reason too... he needs to grow and in the end,he will be able to say: 'yeah,that's my kid.and I'll take care of her'..
there wasn't the need to put Cassidy in Kate's FB if not for this purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniekins77
If the intention of her character was to simply show that Sawyer was selfish and chose money over love, then her character should have served her purpose in the first episode she was in, The Long Con. But the writers have brought her back twice now. The first time they brought her back, we found out that she has a kid by Sawyer and she wanted him, despite everything he put her through, to get to know the little girl. Then, at the end of that episode, Sawyer does probably the most un-selfish thing ever...all the money he gets he gives to the daughter he doesn't know. That was probably the first time pre-island Sawyer showed some love. And now they've brought Cassidy back, and have reiterated that after everything, she still loves Sawyer.

Another reason why I like Sawyer/Cassidy - Cassidy saw right through him and his crap. When he pulls the whole money-falls-out-of-briefcase thing, she saw right through it. She's not a stupid woman. And also, she didn't smack his hand and try to change him, she wanted to learn from him. Now obviously I personally wouldn't do that, but she accepted him. She accepted what he did because she loved him and I'm sure that if he wanted to change, she'd accept that. But Sawyer has a "tiger don't change their stripes" thing, which is one reason I think he and Kate wouldn't work out. She's always trying to move forward, grow, become a good person. The "bad" thing she did, she did out of love for her mother. The "bad" things Sawyer did, he did for himself. And Cassidy's more like him in that way...look at the way she was still conning people in Kate's FB, LOL.

I also find it interesting that in the Sawyer FBs that Cassidy has been in, his flashbacks have majorly affected him. In The Long Con, Sawyer was finally getting people to like him again. But thinking about what he did to Cassidy made him sink back to that state of self-loathing, "I don't deserve anything good" - what I like to call the "Kate Complex". And he reverted back to his old ways because that's how bad he felt, even going so far as to ruin the happiness he and Kate were sharing.

Then in EMFH, the episode where Sawyer is being beaten up on and nearly killed and there's this whole love thing going on between him and Kate...who are his flashbacks about? Cassidy and his baby. And how having a woman always ruins everything. Sawyer's been in the process of falling for Kate and every time he seems to be getting somewhere with her, he takes two steps back by thinking of Cassidy. In EMFH, he told Kate, "It's every man for himself" and I'll be damned if he wasn't thinking of how Cassidy locked him up in jail and abandoned him there when he thought she loved him; he didn't expect her to do that.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

I didn't notice she was crying...

Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Very good thoughts watchmebleed!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Well, I can't take credit for those thoughts, they weren't mine!

FYI I'm going to go ahead and put in their full names on the first post. Because in EMFH Sawyer says to put the money in the name of "Clementine Phillips" so I'm going to go ahead and assume that that is Cassidy's last name!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

awesome! thanks!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

Well, after last night I'm even more convinced that Cassidy is Sawyer's true love. I may not always like Sawyer's behavior, but he deserves better than to be second choice. So I hope (and think) that soon he will come to accept that he and Kate will never work and I think he'll let that relationship go.
I believe in his continued growth (though he takes a few steps back sometimes, like last night) and by the time he's off the island he'll be ready for his family.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

i totally agree!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

This thread has been dead for too long!

Hey if we get FFs next year, maybe Sawyer will be off the island and meet up with Cass/Clem again!!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

YAHOOOOO thanks for bumping this!!! I also hope they are together post Island!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Best Sawyer ship ever! Look at the beautiful child it made
Old 05-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmebleed (View Post)

This thread has been dead for too long!

Hey if we get FFs next year, maybe Sawyer will be off the island and meet up with Cass/Clem again!!
So true

Old 05-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I wanna see a little baby Clementine walking to her daddy