Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2004, 04:35 AM
Total Fan

I just wrote a little fic. Can be found here

It's called "I could sleep forever but it's of her I dream"

it made me reeeally tired lol
Old 11-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh Sarah, that story was just too cute for words!!!

Brave, bravo!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, omg, all those avies rock so much! I especially love the ones of the J/K hug, so great! I am still trying to find enough caps so I can make an animation...where are you guys finding all the caps...or do you cap yourself?

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 11-06-2004 at 11:36 AM
Old 11-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Sarah, I read your fic this morning on LJ. It was sweet.

Cat, I love your icons. I took 10 and 12.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Addicted Fan

First of all, I just want to vent about how much it is bothering I hear all this stuff about Jack being gay. He is not gay! That is so annoying!

Ok, I am done. Before Kate went over to Jack, I was screaming, "Hug him please"! Then she did, I was so happy, and I had a fuzzy warm feeling in my heart. I watched this week's eppy w/ my boyfriend and his parents, and they all want to see Jack/Kate together! YAY!

Catou - Great icons and video! Is there anyway you can convert those icons into avies whenever you get chance?

NY is so much fun - I love going there. I think my boyfriend was telling me one of these days his family and I are taking to a trip to see the broadway play "Wicked".
Old 11-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AdriaMichelle
He is not gay! That is so annoying!
Aaaargh I know.

I want someone to interview JJ or something and ask him if Jack is gay. Hopefully his reaction would be this:
Old 11-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Supreme Fan

aw, everyone is either near or going to NY! i'm so jealous!!! ah but at least I can live vicariously though you guys

what do you think of the new board graphic? ...I was kinda hoping for one where you could see their faces...

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 11-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Teriberri21
Aw I just saw the video too cute, You did an awesome job!

yeah I just had to throw in that bit of randomness, but I do like the saying
Thank you. I have an idea for the next one but I can't find a song that fits and I don't mind randomness

Quote:
Originally posted by Washi
Whoa, I didn't post this here, but I have new icons, some J/K on my LJ and on the avatar thread.
I saw them! They're gorgeous. And one of them is actually pretty similar to one of mine. Great minds think alike

Quote:
Originally posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
Awww, omg, all those avies rock so much! I especially love the ones of the J/K hug, so great! I am still trying to find enough caps so I can make an animation...where are you guys finding all the caps...or do you cap yourself?
I used caps from lost-media.com and some I made myself. Like the hug caps.

Quote:
Originally posted by AdriaMichelle

Catou - Great icons and video! Is there anyway you can convert those icons into avies whenever you get chance?
I might. Avatars are kind of a pain because they're so small and they can't be larger than 10,240k.

And thanks to everyone who said they liked my icons. I made more today. I'll probably post them later.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Teriberri21

what do you think of the new board graphic? ...I was kinda hoping for one where you could see their faces...
i like the one that won, but i loooved the one where you could see their faces, the one with just jack,kate, claire, and charlie. oh well.

anyone watching the lost rerun tonight?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Catou
I used caps from lost-media.com and some I made myself. Like the hug caps.
Yeah, I saved the lost media ones, but there weren't enough for me to make an animation. Well, your avies really are awesome!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey, me, again. I've sort of prepared this little thing that argues our case concerning Jack. Feel free to comment, argue, and contribute.

Indications that Jack isn't gay:

General arguements:

1. First off, and in my opinion the most valuable argument, Jack is the male lead and if he were gay, they would have establish it by now. A gay character in a TV series is still too important that they wouldn't have said it by now. Aside from slashers, the general "Lost" audience assumes Jack is straight and it would be twisting it to make him gay. Talking from your average american viewer, not part of the fandom online - which is most of the "Lost" audience, point of view. What I say here are assumptions from comments I've heard and read from people who are not part of the fandom.

2. Online fandoms have a much bigger percentage of slashers than the general audience. And it's true for just about every fandom. For the record, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals or slashers. I actually slash two males in the HP fandom. But I know perfectly well that most of it is my imagination and a good stretch of what is actually there. Slashers have a tendency to turn everyone gay. The "Lost" fandom certainly isn't immune. Jack/Boone, Sayid/Sawyer, Sawyer/Charlie, Jack/Charlie, and I'm probably missing a few. I highly doubt all these men are gay.

From the episodes now:

3. In episode 1x01, Jack flirts with the flight attendent. It's not super open flirting but he flirts. And he actually flirts after she gave him the extra bottles of alcohol (don't know if it's gin or vodka), in case someone argues that he did to get more booze.

4. Jack's answer to Kate when she asked him, in episode 1x06, if he was checking her out. Most people would think that it actually proves that he's gay, but I disagree. He said: "Trust me, if I was checking you out, you'd know it." It clearly implies that he has checked out women in the past. Now if he were gay, he wouldn't have said this. Even if he had wanted to keep his sexual orientation a secret. He would have denied it but not implied that he's checked out women (and in an obvious way) in the past.

So that's it. I only found two evidence from the show itself but the second one is strong enough in my opinion. Besides, it's hard to have evidence that someone isn't gay. Think about what you say and do in a day, can you think of something that could prove without doubt that you aren't gay? (if you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend or a date)

Indications that Jack has feelings for Kate:

Episode 1x01:

1. When Jack and Kate are about to go to the jungle to look for the cockpit, Jack tells Kate that he can go by himself. This is the first time Jack shows concerns about Kate's welfare. At this point he's known her for less than 16 hours.

2. When the co-pilot falls out of the cockpit, Jack asks Kate if she's alright and tells her she doesn't have to go in. He shows concerns again. Oh and he doesn't ask Charlie if he's ok. But he's gay, you tell me?

Episode 1x02:

3. When Kate tells Jack she's going on a hike, Jack really doesn't want her to go. When she expresses her strong desire to go, Jack asks her to wait for him so he could go with her. To protect her, even though he knows Sayid (who btw I would feel pretty safe ina jungle if he were with me) is going to. And then when she tells him that they have to go then, Jack warns her to run in face of danger. Never mentions that she should tell the others the same. He's clearly primarily concerned wsith her well being.

Episode 1x03:

4. This is when Jack discovers Kate's secret. But he's a really great guy and he tells her that he doesn't care what she's done. Even though from his point of view she must have done something terrible to have a US marshall come all the way to Australia to get her (but us, as the audiance, we know that since Kate is so compassionate and the female lead, there must be a morally acceptable reason why she commited a crime - if she wasn't framed). I have a strong feeling that if Sawyer had been the criminal, he wouldn't have let him off the hook so easily.

Episode 1x04:

5. a) Jack once again shows concern when he tells Kate that he doesn't like the fact that Locke has all those knives. Kate says: "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're worried about me Jack" (side note: don't you just love the look on Kate's face when she says that?). And Jack answers with: "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a problem staying in one place for very long, Kate". First he doesn't deny Kate's implication and second he responds with an implication of his own, which he obviously think is true. His retorical remark, in my opinion, shows that Jack is saying this: 'I might be worried about you Kate, but you have a problem staying in one place for very long'.

5. b) Regarding Jack's conern about Locke and his knives, it also shows that Jack has a bit of trust issues. He doesn't trust Sawyer, doesn't seem to trust any guy except Hurley all that much, and he now says that he doesn't trust Locke. But he trusts Kate. He's shown it several times.

6. When Michael and Kate come back from the hunt, he goes to Kate. Sure he knows Kate better but it seems that he's not trying to get to know the others more. He has Kate. So when he's with Kate and sees that she hurt her face, he touched it with all the concern of a love interest. When Kate told him that she expected 'I told you so' from him, he tells her he's not big on rubbing it in. He obviously doesn't want to be condecending toward her like someone else that shall remain nameless. It shows that he respects her and her feelings. It also shows maturity

7. When Kate grabs Jack's arm to tell him about Locke, Jack turns around and both he and Kate sort of lean in. Check it out, if you have a tape, it's very nice. That spells attraction to me.

Episode 1x05:

8. At the end of Jack's speech when he tells everyone to contribute and that if they can't live together, they'll die alone, Kate and Jack share this really intense look. Sexual tension. Enough said.

9. At the end of the episode, Jack tells Kate that his father died. That was obviously something very personal that he told her, it's something that he wouldn't have told anyone else. Again, he shows that he trusts Kate.

Episode 1x06:

10. Ah, the tatoos. Some heavy flirting going on. Charlie called on it; the famous "verbally copulating" comment. Oh and they have an inside joke.

11. When Charlie makes a crack about Kate's cup size, you can see Jack's face. He's amused. Not entirely indifferent to Kate's cup size, in my humble opinion.

12. Jack wasn't checking Kate out. That doesn't prove that Jack has feelings for her, you say? It actually proves the opposite? I disagree. It shows that he has complete respect for Kate. I believe that if, excuse me, when, Jack will check Kate out, he will do it knowing that he'll have her consent. Jack cares about Kate, her feelings, and her well being. Taunting someone and say stuff that hurts them like Sawyer does to Kate aren't real feelings.

Take for example the Will/Syd/Vaughn triangle. At the end, Will knew he was out of the game. Since he cared very much about Sydney, he told Vaughn not to hurt her, but he was fully supportive of her relationshop with Vaughn. Will truly cared about Sydney's happiness. He wouldn't have hurt her like Sawyer is trying to hurt Kate by taunting her about her feelings for Jack.

13. Jack wants Kate to move in a cave with him. Okay well that's not exactly what he said but that's how I choose to interpret it in my mind. hehe. So, let's get back to being serious. Jack obviously wants Kate to set up camp at the caves. I didn't see him try to talk anyone else into it, not even Sayid, like he tried with Kate.

14. Jack asks Kate what her crime was. He wants to know not because he wants to satisfy his own curiosity but because he's concerned about her, because of how that event has affected her. He just wants to understand her. Boy, he sure makes a lot of effort for someone he doesn't have feelings for and who's not his type

Episode 1x07:

15. Jack is staring at Kate's mugshot. This is totally speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that he wasn't thinking about her crime. He looked like he was looking at a picture of a woman he has feelings for.

16. Jack's "I just don't understand why you won't come with me...us." That tells a lot. If he didn't have feelings for Kate, he would have either said "us" and never "me", but more importantly he wouldn't have corrected himself when he said "me". If he didn't have any feelings for Kate, he would have let it slide, unaware of what it meant. The fact that he corrected himself showed that he was aware of what he said and he didn't want to show his feelings. Which is very consistant with Jack's personality and character since he obviously has trust issues and I think it would be difficult for him to be in a relationship at this point. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings. It means that he's not comfortable with dealing with them.

17. Jack doesn't sound too happy after Sawyer arrives and implies that Kate could move in the tent with him. The look on his face tells a lot too. He doesn't like Sawyer, and even more, he doesn't like Sawyer making advances toward Kate.

18. When Jack and Charlie are out of the cave and Kate runs to Jack to hug him, the man has the biggest grin on planet Earth. She's happy to see and he's really happy to see her too.

19. When everyone's congratulating Charlie for rescuing Jack, Kate has her eyes locked on Jack and Jack has his on Kate. Once in a while, the both of them look at the others but they keep going back to each other, and every time they lock eyes. Rewatch that part, you'll see.

20. And the last one. Jack looks upset when he's watching the fire after Charlie left to see Locke, but the second he realizes that Kate is near him, putting a sling on, his entire expression changes. He's completely relaxed and really happy to see her. He once again shows that he wants Kate to stay at the caves (with him) and Kate wants Jack to come back to the beach And whn Jack thanks Kate for the sling and she says "you're welcome" with all the feelings she has for him, which are pretty intense, they share this really intense gaze, as if they're saying everything neither of them is ready to say outloud.

The end.

Oh my God. I think that's the longest post I've ever written. Ever. LOL. I'd love to have your thoughts on this. This is all just my opinion. Feel free to share yours.

Sorry if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes. I didn't re-read this since it was already very long to write.

The name's Cat

Last edited by Catou; 11-07-2004 at 02:14 AM
Old 11-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Catou - Holy crap. That's the only words I can form at the moment.

Now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor and am a little less speechless, all I can do is give you a gargantuan round of applause because that last post was brilliant!!!

Everything you said hit it right on the money!!! Rock on!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Catou Oh my! That took lots of time and is totally AWESOME!!!! I'd certainly didn't think Jack was gay, but I had forgotten about some of the Jack/Kate moments.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Hey

So, I've been a little slow catching onto this show, but I finally got caught up tonight and I'm ready to join in on the J/K lovin'. So, I'd love to be added to the list.

Jack gay? Never crossed my mind.

Heh...hey there Gen, and JoJo!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Holy wow, Cat. That was a great post . I think you commented on just about every single Jack/Kate moment that shows how much they mean to each other already. Incredible.

And you have a great point about the difference in online fandom and everyone else. I doubt many people (if any) who only watch the eps and don't know about this whole other world would think Jack is gay. I don't see how there has been any indication of that on the show. People have great imaginations and can read into things if they really want to.

ETA: Hey Jen!! Good to see you here. I saw your screenname said you were catching up with Lost. I was like "yay!" Hehe. I've been telling everyone who will listen to watch this show.