Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2004, 05:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn_Evenstar:
<STRONG>

Seriously? that's crazy to operate their network like that. I don't know what do they gain by showing only 4 episodes and not the rest of them? surely those episodes cost quite a bit to make?</STRONG>
To add to Raja...

They cost money which, ironically, is exactly why they want everything to do a 5.1 or better ratings share (overnight and national).

They aren't concerned with building an audience because FOX thinks in "the now". Everthing has to happen "right now" and that kind of short term, short sighted thinking eventually IS going to be this network's -- and I use the word loosely -- Downfall because I hope they DO put wall-to-wall reality and when NO ONE -- Even the dumb Nielsen families -- Aren't watching then they'll finally learn a hard, bitter lesson and that is to start thinking in the LONG TERM again.

It cost money to make money is a basic principle of any business... But FOX wants to make back that money overnight -- literally -- And it's just stupid. It's *****ing stupid anyway you slice it.

Like I said, FOX is a mess of hypocracy and if it wasn't for "The Simpsons" I literally would have absolutely no use for that propaganda spewing, facist network.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's so depressing. It's like reading only 4 chapters of a REALLY good book and now I'll never know how it ends.

***** I'm mad. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 06:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja:
<STRONG>

Fridays on Fox.

Winter 2004 - Wonderfalls cancelled.

Fall 2003 - Wanda at Large / Luis / Boston Public cancelled (note Wanda at Large was successful in it's old time slot and was the one hit scripted series from the previous year). Boston Public jumped the shark and unlike Wanda I was thrilled to see it put on Friday.

2002 - 2003 Season - Fastlane (moved to Friday after the cancellation of Firefly) / John Doe / Firefly cancelled - All cancelled.

2001 - 2002 - Dark Angel (moved from a different day and cancelled) / Pasadena cancelled after 4 episodes, replaced by reality tv dreck that does far worse and is cancelled to.

2000 - 2001 - Fearsum and Nightvisions - Cancelled. And can't say I even remember they existed.

1999 - 2000 - Harsh Realm - cancelled.

1998 - 1999 - Millenium - cancelled.

Moral of the story. If Fox puts your show on Friday start making other plans.</STRONG>
You forgot Keen Eddie. It was shown during the summer, but still shuffled all around and not shown in shooting order (just like Firefly). It is a shame that they create such creative and well written shows and then cancel them without giving them a chance. Why not try something like, oh I don't know, promotions? Try showing commercials and those little pop-up things on the the TV. Try radio ads and billboards. Also, I think they should really let shows grow. I mean, Seinfeld was basically unwatched for almost 2 years (I think) before it became huge.

Arghhhh.... This is so unfair!!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by UnsilentMajorty:
<STRONG>
Everthing has to happen "right now" and that kind of short term, short sighted thinking eventually IS going to be this network's -- and I use the word loosely -- Downfall because I hope they DO put wall-to-wall reality and when NO ONE -- Even the dumb Nielsen families -- Aren't watching then they'll finally learn a hard, bitter lesson and that is to start thinking in the LONG TERM again.

</STRONG>
This scenario reminds me of ABC a few years ago. They had a little hit called Who Wants to be a Millionaire and they plugged it in all over their scedule to fill holes on so many nights of the week. They fit it into holes created by cancelled shows of theirs and shows they had given up on. Then look what happened, audiences got bored of millionaire and stopped watching. Suddenly ABC had nothing to put in those spots and had no good pilots/series in the wings because they hadn't planned well. Ever since ABC has been in the ratings gutters compared to the other 2 "big" networks and there isn't much light for them in the future outlook.

Watch out Fox..

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited ~*Magical*~ ]
Old 04-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Damn! I just got back from out of town and this is the first bit of news I hear. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

DIE, FOX, DIE!

That is all. For now.

Coherant thoughts later. Right now, I'm going to go break something.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Absolute Fan

A little FOX history lesson...the Friday shows are in bold.

1999-2000

1. Action - Cancelled after eight episodes. The remaining five were later shown on FX.
2. Ally (the mini-version of Ally McBeal) - Cancelled after ten episodes, with three left unaired.
3. American High - Cancelled after four episodes. The remaining ten were later shown on PBS.
4. Get Real - Cancelled after 20, with two unaired.
5. Harsh Realm - Cancelled after 3, and the six remaining episodes were later shown on FX.
6. Opposite Sex - Cancelled after 6, with two unaired.
7. Ryan Caulfield: Year One - Cancelled after 2, 7 unaired.
8. Time of Your Life - Cancelled after 12, 7 unaired.

2000-2001

1. Fling - Cancelled before it ever started, all six episodes remain unaired.
2. Freakylinks - Cancelled, but the full 13-episode season was shown thanks to summer airings.
3. The Lone Gunmen - Cancelled after a 13-episode season.
4. Night Visions - Cancelled after 20 episodes, six unaired.
5. Normal, Ohio - Cancelled after seven, six unaired.
6. The Street - Cancelled after six, seven unaired.

2001-2002

1. The American Embassy - Cancelled after four, two unaired.
2. The Chamber - Cancelled after three or four episodes. There are between three and nine unaired episodes.
3. Greg the Bunny - Cancelled after seven episodes, six other episodes burned off over the summer.
4. Pasadena - Cancelled after four, nine unaired.
5. That 80s Show - Cancelled after the first season (13 episodes).
6. The Tick - Cancelled after eight, one unaired.
7. Undeclared - Cancelled after 16, one unaired.

2002-2003

1. Andy Richter Controls the Universe - Made it to a second season, but only had 14 total episodes shown before it was cancelled. Five remain unaired.
2. Firefly - Cancelled after ten, three unaired episodes. All 13 episodes now on DVD.
3. girls club - Cancelled after three, ten unaired. (Numbers are different on different sites.)
4. The Grubbs - Cancelled before it premiered, eight left unaired.
5. John Doe - Cancelled after a full season.
6. Keen Eddie - Cancelled after seven, six unaired episodes later shown on Bravo.
7. The Pitts - Cancelled after five, two unaired.
8. Septuplets - Cancelled before it ever aired.

2003-2004

1. Luis - Cancelled after four, six unaired.
2. A Minute With Stan Hooper - Cancelled after six, seven unaired.
3. Skin - Cancelled after three, five unaired.
4. Wanda at Large - Had a six-episode first season and was cancelled after eight episodes of the second season. Five unaired.
5. Wonderfalls - Cancelled after four, nine unaired.

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited the laziest little sidekick ]
Old 04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

GOd, the more I read these facts the more I juat want to...I dunno! I've read a lot people over at the FOX network boards telling FOX about they have just lost a viewer and so on but I think it's pointless. They obviously didn't care enough about the fans or the show would still be on!

I used to love FOX! I mean I grew up on the channel. I remember seeing The Tracy Ulman show and the raw cartoon The Simpsons! FOX always use to have cool shows but now, it just sucks so much ass! They have no idea about what people really want to see. You'd think they pay people to look at the net and find out what is in but nooooooo, then they go and pull ***** like this! God, I have to agree, if it wasn't for the Simpsons, I'm through with FOX. I wish more people would agree and really hurt them!

I did find something rather interesting on the net last night. Someone had mentioned that we may still have some hope! Remember the Family Guy...it got put into syndication on cable, then they came out with the dvds. It got such a huge reception that they are working on a new season.

Do you think I'm hoping for to much for HBO or showtime or hell, Comedy Central to pick up the show and let it keep going after we can get the dvds out?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Is it a possibility to campaign for another network to pick up the show?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

I can only hope and dream! I know there are some people already thinking about it! There are a lot of petitions that have been started for various reasons! Some for dvds, for FOX to give it another chance and for another network to pick it up and give it more of a chance then FOX did!

I would hope HBO, personally, since I find myself enjoying more and more of their shows! I mean, Showtime has Dead like Me, which I love so why can't HBO have Wonderfalls to have another comedy in their mix?
Old 04-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Fan

*sigh*
that's it. FOX and the WB can offically bite me.

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Old 04-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

In Memoriam...sigh
Old 04-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

FOX F*ing SUX A$$!!!!.....They do this every single TIME...... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] IM SO SAD!!! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sidekick:

You might also want to add the show "Class of '96" with Lisa Dean Ryan (the girl who played Doogie Howser's girlfriend) who goes to an Elite West Coast College.

That premiered in 1992 and didn't last an entire run... But I remember it becuse it was about MY College graduating class and had a BIG response by a lot of '92 high school grads that year.

It was supposed to be the next "90201", but FOX just couldn't wait to give it their "royal screwment" with moving the show, pre-empting it, putting it on Friday nights and then finally just canceling it.

We should have seen the writing on the wall when they started this crap almost an entire decade ago... And they were going to ax "X-Files" as well which a lot of people FORGET until the fans and Chris Carter just stood up and said, "Give us the time we need to build up our audiences and after that, if we're not doing well, fine." Of course, 10 years ago, there were different heads at FOX and everything was different.

Reality TV was just "The Real World" on MTV. Period. That was it. It hadn't caught on, so no one knew what a hit (or curse) it'd become.

I also stand by my other statement that while it won't help WF... FOX is eventually going to FAIL and fail BIG when all they have is reality crap and wonder why people are watching CSI, JAG, L&A and other real, scripted dramas.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Addicted Fan

I got various e-mails from FOX affiliates and mix infos...

Quote:
Hi Kay,
I completely understand your frustration. Unfortunately, as a local affiliate, we can do nothing about network shows. I urge you to write to FOX at askfox@fox.com or call 310-369-3066. Maybe if enough viewers complain, Wonderfalls will be spared. Also, I am forwarding your e-mail, but it may be more effective if you send another. Also as a FYI, if you ever have any complaints about a network show (whether it be FOX, CBS, etc) you will have better luck going directly to the network as opposed to the local affiliate. We have no say in what the network decides to air. This is something not many people are aware of, including me before I started working for KLRT! Good luck and I sincerely hope Wonderfalls will continue. Thanks for taking the time to contact us and thanks for watching FOX!

Darbi Mahan
Quote:
Fox Network confirmed at 10 Am today what fans of Wonderfalls had already heard....that it has been replaced in Thursday nights. According to Fox:
On THREE THURSDAYS, APRIL 8, 15 and 22, from 9:00-10:00pm (ET/PT), FOX presents encore airings of THE SWAN

(NOTE: There are no current plans for WONDERFALLS to return to the schedule.)
Quote:
As soon as I sent the “SEND” button to assure you all that “Wonderfalls” was moving to Thursday nights…I had a ‘hot easylink’ from Fox, officially canceling “Wonderfalls” and that there are no current plans for “Wonderfalls” to return to the schedule.
Quote:
Thank you for your concern and interest in the FOX program, WONDERFALLS. The network made a scheduling change and I am happy to tell you that WONDERFALLS can now be seen on Thursday nights at 9 p.m.
Quote:
No reason to fret…”Wonderfalls” is moving to Thursday nights starting this Thursday 4/08 at 9pm.
Quote:
Wonderfalls has not been cancelled. It has moved to Thursdays at
9:00pm, in conjunction with Tru Calling. FOX network has it
scheduled this way for the next three weeks, with blockbuster movies
preempting it through the month of May.
Quote:
"Wonderfalls has not been canceled. "Wonderfalls" now airs on Thursday nights from 9-10pm.
Quote:
Fox has not pulled “Wonderfalls”. It was moved, effective Thursday, 4/1/04, to Thursdays at 8PM. They will then “rest” it effective 4/29 through May. It may then come back in June.
Quote:
Fox has moved “Wonderfalls” to Thursday at 8:00PM.
[ 04-05-2004: Message edited Elusive One ]
Old 04-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

So wow that just confused me. I'd like to think that Wonderfalls wasn't cancelled, but I know it wasn't moved to Thursday nights at 8 because Tru Calling is on then.

Plus Tim Minear himself said that WF was cancelled so I'm leaning towards that. Was there an official statement by FOX that Wonderfalls was cancelled? Because I don't think there was.