Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

*sigh* FOX sucks. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn_Evenstar:
WHAT?? after only four episodes. They did'nt even give the show much of a chance.
Pasadena. Another good original show in the Fox time slot of death (before Dark Angel moved into it). Poorly promoted, frequently pre-empted. Four episodes and out. Replaced by low rated reality dreck. Not even burned off in the summer... instead low rated reality dreck was shown.

Fox does the same thing every year. And don't think this means Arrested Development is safe. Fox always picks the worst show that is on the bubble. In other words I'd put my money on Cracking Up. Ugh.

Wonderfalls really did belong on another network. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited Raja ]
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Seriously - Tim Minear rocks my world. He has been so forthcoming with the fans about what's going on behind the scenes, and that's just fantastic.

Then again, what he's been forthcoming about has made me deeply depressed.

I still don't get why the studio/network PTBs don't seem to understand what the fans want and like. Clearly this show has a huge fanbase (from everything I've gleaned from the net) - don't they realize that?

Idiots.

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

i am still pissed off at FOX stupid FU*KERS!!

but i love Tim Minear now even more cus he is the only produce/writter who talks to his fans so canidly and knows the power of internet...his comments on Fox and how hes gonna make a perfect show for em, just what they r looking for and then sell it to ABC was just pricles [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 04-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

I saw this over on the TV board. Coming over here to give my condolences. I saw a few previews for this while watching the O.C. and it looked kinda cute.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 04-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I am just so sad and pissed off!!
them Mother [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] at FOX dont know *****
about good tv
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Supreme Fan

WTF?! they can't do that. it was getting good...WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO JAYE AND ERIC NOOOOOOOOOO. [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]
....i think the show was too smart for the masses of stupid people that enjoy those stupidass reality shows. [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img] GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. [img]smilies/punch.gif[/img] fox....up yours.

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 04-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Teriberri21:
<STRONG>WTF?! they can't do that. it was getting good...WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO JAYE AND ERIC NOOOOOOOOOO. [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]
....i think the show was too smart for the masses of stupid people that enjoy those stupidass reality shows. [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img] GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. [img]smilies/punch.gif[/img] fox....up yours.</STRONG>
i feel ur pain! a lot! grrrr FOX sucks

Bhery
Old 04-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

OMG!!! I can't believe they cancelled this show! Words fail me! And I think that everything that I am thinking has already been said one way or another! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] This just really sucks!

Only thing I have to say to FOX is...***** you, you *****ing f*ucks! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Also add...

***** the Nielsen Familes and Rating System!

*****'em ALL!

It's once again the statistical minority determining what the masses (majority) will watch based on what THEY watch: *****ing reality bull*****.

If this doesn't prove how flawed this system is, I don't know what else does.

Oh... And I tend to agree that the American TV viewing public is stupid. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. Not just with WF, but ANY good, quality program that's come down the airwaves the last two, three years.

I mean, X-Files wouldn't have lasted five episodes in this day and age because God forbid... You actually have to think for 45 minutes during that show. We don't want THAT now do we? Grrr...
Old 04-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by UnsilentMajorty:
<STRONG>Also add...

***** the Nielsen Familes and Rating System!

*****'em ALL!

We don't want THAT now do we? Grrr...</STRONG>
Oh yeah! Can't forget those a$$holes and their stupid reality tv! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I guess they don't want us thinking since it is so damn obvious that they are not!! They don't want smarter people then TPTB at FOX! At this point a monkey's ass could do a better job then they are! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I got this from another forum...the poster's name is freeIII
Quote:
in one month on the air, wonderfalls has had more search results for it than many of the other fox shows, suprisingly, even ones that have had the better part of a season to develop faithful viewers. this is no scientific survey, but here's what i found as of today...
"forever eden" - 59,400
"tru calling" - 83,100
"malcolm in the middle" - 94,400
"arrested development" - 124,000
"WONDERFALLS" -125,000
"the oc" - 443,000

as of the time i am writing this, all of the shows listed are still on the air, with the exception of wonderfalls. malcolm and arrested are considered valuable to the network, not major players, but valued shows. i included the oc because it has been around since the beginning of the season, and has nearly generated a half million hits. WONDERFALLS ONLY GOT A MONTH AND DID A QUARTER OF THAT. i conjecture that neilsen really doesn't know squat, considering how big a success the oc has been. (it's somewhat of a cultural phenomenon) I further would suggest that nobody can accurately gauge what people are watching, but here is proof of what people are talking about. irrefutable evidence that internet equipped people (i'm guessing a desirable demographic w/ a reasonable amount of disposable income) have taken pretty strongly to this show in only a month. the ratings system is out of date, and is a rediculously small sample to boot. in closing i say, sorry for the rant, and i'm ready for the dvd's, or another network to pick up the series. (upn/wb is where stuff like this can grow, the big THREE are two uptight and fox is a wasteland)
Old 04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

You know what the saddest part of all this is? Given time Wonderfalls could have gained a big fanbase. This show was a fresh of breath air from all this reality crap. All the critics gave the show great reviews, and with more promotion the show could have done well.

It's really sad when a great show like Wonderfalls gets canned for more reality crap like "The Swan" and "Forever Eden". But this has actually taught me a very good lesson, never to trust FOX ever again.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, they obviuosly don't give a rat's ass about the fans!

Quote:
never to trust FOX ever again.
AMEN! Ain't that the *****ing truth?
Old 04-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja:
<STRONG>

Fox does the same thing every year.

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited Raja ]</STRONG>
Seriously? that's crazy to operate their network like that. I don't know what do they gain by showing only 4 episodes and not the rest of them? surely those episodes cost quite a bit to make?

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 04-05-2004, 02:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn_Evenstar:
Seriously? that's crazy to operate their network like that. I don't know what do they gain by showing only 4 episodes and not the rest of them? surely those episodes cost quite a bit to make?
Fridays on Fox.

Winter 2004 - Wonderfalls cancelled.

Fall 2003 - Wanda at Large / Luis / Boston Public cancelled (note Wanda at Large was successful in it's old time slot and was the one hit scripted series from the previous year). Boston Public jumped the shark and unlike Wanda I was thrilled to see it put on Friday.

2002 - 2003 Season - Fastlane (moved to Friday after the cancellation of Firefly) / John Doe / Firefly cancelled - All cancelled.

2001 - 2002 - Dark Angel (moved from a different day and cancelled) / Pasadena cancelled after 4 episodes, replaced by reality tv dreck that does far worse and is cancelled to.

2000 - 2001 - Fearsum and Nightvisions - Cancelled. And can't say I even remember they existed.

1999 - 2000 - Harsh Realm - cancelled.

1998 - 1999 - Millenium - cancelled.

Moral of the story. If Fox puts your show on Friday start making other plans.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself