Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja:
<STRONG>The Swan got massive ratings on Wednesday. I fear for humanity.</STRONG>
People I ate lunch with were raving about it. So, so sad.

Thanks for the link, by the way. After I shower (I smell like cigarettes because of a trip to the bowling alley- it makes no sense to me), I'll read it.

[ 04-08-2004: Message edited Eidolon14 ]
Old 04-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>The Swan got massive ratings on Wednesday. I fear for humanity.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...s&id=wednesday</STRONG>

Jesus what is wrong with people? Makes me want to puke.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 04-09-2004, 05:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm beginning to think the Nielsens Corp. is "on the take" from networks and advertisers, or that they flat out LIE. Period.

This would not surprise me given the climate that this country is in right now, though. So sad...
Old 04-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by welcometomyworld:
<STRONG>Did anyone catch the interview with Tim Minear on Succubus Club? He made a really good point about ratings. Basically, he said the second ep of WF was the most TiVo'd show that night but things like that aren't taken into account by Nielsen.

The ratings numbers they give are seriously skewed because of TiVo. TiVo's a growing thing and for Nielsen to have reliable, accurate data, they need to find a way to take into account shows that are TiVo'd. </STRONG>
OMG!!! Damn the Neilsen people...DAMN THEM TO HELL!!! This ***** has to stop! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Quote:
The Swan got massive ratings on Wednesday. I fear for humanity.
Ha...too late it seems!
Old 04-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>The Swan got massive ratings on Wednesday. I fear for humanity.

</STRONG>
son of a b*tch!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
a girl i work with watched it and was trying to tell me all about it. i stuck my fingers in my ears and hummed myself a happy tune.

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Old 04-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

From zap2it:
Quote:
an encore of "The Swan" (households: 3.0/5, #T10; adults 18-49: 1.9, #10)
It did slightly better than WF in this timeslot but not by much.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

The only reason (I think) that The Swan got such high ratings on Wednesday was because it was on after American idol. I bet if they put Wonderfalls after American Idol, it would probably get the same ratings. (Or somewhere around there)

I never watched The Swan and I never will. I don't consider people getting plastic surgery and then competing in a pagent to be interesting. And it's sad because great shows like Wonderfalls get canned for those types of reality shows.

[ 04-09-2004: Message edited Liliya ]
Old 04-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Getting the American Idol lead-in was definitely a factor. It's really nice of Fox to give a disgusting show like that a chance and great timeslot but not Wonderfalls. Bastards.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 04-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DeppsDoll:
<STRONG>Getting the American Idol lead-in was definitely a factor. It's really nice of Fox to give a disgusting show like that a chance and great timeslot but not Wonderfalls. Bastards.</STRONG>
Apparently, a few of the higher-ups didn't like the show so they didn't really want to put much effort into it.

If you don't like a show, why keep it tied up in your network? They could have released it and let them shop it around. Worst comes to worst it could have ended up as a sydnicated show like Mutant X and the rest of them (If Todd Holland and co. would have agreed).
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Passionate Fan

What I'm curious to see is how well Friday replacements "Totally Outrageous Behavior" and "The World's Craziest Videos" did. But given Fox's total lack of irony I'm shocked they didnt pair either those or Forever Eden with the Bill O'Reilly special they aired not too long ago condemning the "liberal" media for putting on shows on television that are overly crass and salacious. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...438|1|,00.html

Replacement dreck on Fox did about as well as the last Friday broadcast of Wonderfalls while Forever Eden as usual did worse. But I'd assume Fox will stick with these losers because Fox is all about quality control. Can't let quality run out of control.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Can't let quality run out of control.</STRONG>
This is oddly true, for Fox at least.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Forever Eden is being pulled from Fridays on Fox. But unlike Wonderfalls which it did consistently better than we more likely than not will see the unaired episodes over the summer.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6519
Old 04-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Forever Eden is being pulled from Fridays on Fox. But unlike Wonderfalls which it did consistently better than we more likely than not will see the unaired episodes over the summer.
</STRONG>
That sucks! I swear everytime I flip through channels and see some realty show....feel like throwing a brick at the TV but then I won't be able to watch my dvds so I turn it off! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

WHo the hell is watching this crap? [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img]
I can't say I know anyone that actually admits to watching reality television without being embarrassed. Its the most cheap, contrived bullcrap that I have ever seen. What happened to the actual entertainment industry, with talent, and intelligent situations?! Now the fate of entertainment lies in the television boxes of the "majority." I can't understand when we decided to lower our standards of quality t.v.! I would rather watch my own toenails grow. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]