Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

They have been doing both from what I can tell! And it's about time!

I think they should change it to Mondays at 9pm! Face it, everyone is at home and it would go well with the Bernie Mac show. I like That 70's Show but they are already on syndication on UPN! Enough already!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Their was a pretty good number of commercials during the O.C. and That 70's Show, I think wonderfalls would be good on Monday, I have nothing to watch then..but on monday it would have to compete with Monday night football and Wreslting, two things I watch sometimes..lol but Wonderfalls would be more important, Sunday is my football day..:-D
Old 04-02-2004, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon14:
<STRONG>

Major pimpage as in commercials or just those tiny boxes that pop in the bottom left hand corner?</STRONG>
Full out commercials.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Got this from Zach Braff Lover! Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Moving to Thursday didn't provide the necessary tonic for the FOX's "Wonderfalls," which fell to a 2.1/3.
[ 04-02-2004: Message edited Mariael311 ]
Old 04-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Aw, man! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] The ratings were still crappy... [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Dang. Seems like we're just going to have to enjoy our guaranteed 7 episodes.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Oh please don't say that! I'm trying to think positively! crossing fingers and toes
Old 04-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm hoping the ratings will pick up after The Apprentice ends, but things really aren't looking good.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Stick a fork in it. It's done.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Well this just sucks. I was really hoping that the show would do better on Thursday night. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 02:37 PM
New Fan

Oh no!! I really thought the ratings would improve. Why aren't anyone watching this show?? That's beyond me! It's like a mixture between Joan of Arcadia and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, sure it must have an audience?

I so wish I lived in the US and had a Nielsen-box right now. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nielsen-box right now
Ditto! Actually, I wish everyone who owned a TV in America had one so the ratings would be a lot more real, to me anyways! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Fan

ohh man! neilsons suck. they r soo inaccurate!

better luck next time

Bhery
Old 04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bheryandcherry:

<STRONG>ohh man! neilsons suck. they r soo inaccurate!

</STRONG>
They are more innaccurate than you think.

That 2.1 one actually translates to less than 2 million actual Nielsen viewers physically watching the show. It's more like 1.8, 1.9 because they average it out over various areas, demographics AND they split the first half-hour and second half-hour into two different segments since WF is a one-hour drama (they do this for all one hour shows to see if those who tuned in the first half hour actually stick with the show and finish it).

What p*sses me off more than what the Nielsen ratings really mean is that these same Neilesn homes are the ones forcing Reality TV crap down our throats because apparently, these same homes like that garbage and is exactly what is killing "intelligent TV" on network TV and driving it to cable.

But hey, you know what?

So be it.

If WF continues on FX... So much the better. No compeition, more freedom to do even more outrageous storylines (and adult humor) and probably just a better fit for this kind of show than the mainstream audience it's trying to capture (which obviously loves reality crap more than thinking when they sit in front of the tube these days).
Old 04-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Hey, I didn't realize that the show had officially been given it's own forum...cool [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Well, I hate to hear that the show didn't do any better last night. Unforunately I wasn't at home to see it...but I did tape it and watched it today...hilarious.

Hopefully, FOX will be patient and not axe this show like they've done so many others...give it a freakin' chance man!!!

Oh...just another thought...they might want to consider a differenct time slot...going up against the mighty machine that is CSI...probably not the best idea. That show is kick*ss...and it's probably not gonna change anytime soon. Just a thought....

[ 04-02-2004: Message edited darby33 ]
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...