Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

The Professional of the 21st Century, a Blend of David Beckham, J.K. Rowling, Viggo Mortensen, Madonna and Fernando Alonso

PRNewswire LONDON May 23

LONDON, May 23 /PRNewswire/ --

- According to Catenon, the Perfect Executive Combines the Geographical Mobility of the Footballer, the Creativity and Innovation of the Writer, the Multicultural Mindset of the Actor, the Flexibility of the Singer and the Results-Orientation of the Race Car Driver

The ideal candidate for any European country is the one who not only has the right training, a mastery of several different languages and the willingness to relocate, but also displays a blend of some of the values of the footballer, the writer, the actor, the singer and the race car driver, according to an analysis by Catenon Worldwide Executive Search, an international company that undertakes global searches for professionals.

The study concludes that despite the fact that they all work in a field other than business, all five possess the personality traits that are most sought by companies. For example, Beckham's geographical mobility, J.K. Rowling's imagination and innovation, Mortensen's multiculturalism, Madonna's flexibility and Alonso's results-orientation are all qualities that the perfect executive should possess.

Beckham's geographical mobility

According to the executive search processes performed by Catenon, 30% of vacancies have been covered by looking for candidates in at least four countries at the same time, whereas a mere two years ago 95% of the vacancies were covered by professionals in the country where the job was.

Companies appreciate professionals who can also work in one of their subsidiaries in any country. To do so, they need professionals with the willingness to relocate to other countries that David Beckham has shown in his career, which has encompassed England, Spain and now the United States.

J.K. Rowling's creativity, innovation and imagination

Companies no longer only compete on products or technology. Nowadays human resources are the key to success and their most powerful competitive advantage. Plus, doing things well is not enough, rather they have to be done in the most innovative and imaginative way.

As a result, the imagination, innovation and creativity of J.K. Rowling, creator of the Harry Potter series, symbolise what is expected of executives: that they are capable of resolving problems using their imagination, and that they have the creative ability to find new paths and bold solutions.

Mortensen's multiculturalism

This is the age of open, multicultural minds, of professionals who know how to adapt in order to live abroad. Companies have internal structures which allow for coordination of a certain area for all geographical markets.

Executives need not only languages, they also need the enriched
experience of having lived in different cultures. This is the case of actor Viggo Mortensen: born in New York to a Danish father, Mortensen was raised in Argentina and speaks English, Spanish and Danish perfectly.

Madonna's "chameleon-like" flexibility

Given the increasing dynamism of the current economic environment, companies put a premium on professionals who are capable of wearing different hats.

Madonna is a fine example of this ability to adapt to different stages. The once-provocative artist is now gaining accolades by writing children's books. She's been successful in her various roles, showing a versatility that is a prerequisite for any job.

Alonso's results-orientation

The last attribute of the perfect executive is the ability to be results-oriented. Companies mainly measure the ability to achieve goals and objectives.

Formula One race car driver Fernando Alonso is not only focused on winning, he also has steadfastness, perseverance and the ability to concentrate.

Catenon Worldwide Executive Search

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news people!!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for that article, jazz.

i wanna hear viggo speak spanish.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

If you ever see Alatriste, you will hear him speak Spanish. Oh it's loooooovely.

Congrats to Viggo, his beloved San Lorenzo team for the glorious win on Sunday and the championship they so richly earned!

This was posted on MySpace by a person:

Saturday night was a bit weird.

Me and a fellow loner from the hostel were walking down a street trying to find a cheapish restaurant. As we walk past one we see a guy standing outside having a smoke, so we ask him what it's like inside, and he was full of praise, so we take a look at the price list and realise it's way, way out of our league. So we're very thankful for the advice but no way can we possibly afford this place, thank you anyway. So he says "well, my football team is playing a really important game tomorrow, I think it'd be bad luck if you walked past here now without going in - go in and have dinner on me!". So at this point (and I'll admit this was after a few beers) I was more thinking this is some kind of scam and this guy's going to run off without paying and leave us doing washing up for the rest of time. But before I have time to leg it, the other guy has gone inside, so not knowing any better I follow him in. On the way to our table this guy goes "you know who that is, don't you? That's Viggo somethingsomething out of Lord Of The Rings!", I didn't really have a clue what he was on about to be honest, but anyway once we get to our table there's this other guy who's looking just as confused as I probably was. So we explain what just happened, and get talking, and it turns out this guy is another actor who has been in Our Friends In The North and Prime Suspect, and they both have parts in this film currently being shot there in Budapest... and yes that was Viggo Mortensen from Lord Of The Rings outside. So there I spent Saturday night, having a 3 course meal paid for by a Hollywood actor, just in case it might help his football team win. Which it did - the night after, San Lorenzo won 4-2 to win the Argentine Clausera. Now I know where I've been going wrong all these years, next season everybody can expect me to be getting the 3 course meals in for all and sundry* in the hope of the Villa actually winning something. Well, despite the oddness of the situation it was a good evening, both guys a good laugh, very down to earth both seemed quite amused by my general state of confusion (I'm good at doing confusion) and that I clearly didn't have any idea who either of them were....

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove

Last edited by Jazz; 06-14-2007 at 06:20 AM
Old 06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool.

Sasha
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Addicted Fan

thanks for the news
Old 06-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

jazz, does he own the team or just root for them?

Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

He just roots for them. He's just a big ol' fanboy.

And Oscar buzz is already happening!

Best Actor:

The last few years, the acting races were decided before the gun was even fired at the starting line. Luckily for us, the all too bored and impatient film lovers, this year is far from the same. I like Reservation Road and its overdue talent again, but there’s so much competition, there’s no telling. Viggo Mortensen in Eastern Promises looks like an absolute show stealer.

Prediction: Joaquin Phoenix
Runner Up: Viggo Mortensen

Others: Daniel Day Lewis, Johnny Depp, Don Cheadle.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that's great news, jazz. i'm so happy eastern promises is generating oscar buzz for viggo.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

The trailer! OMG!

Eastern Promises trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sasha
Old 06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG! An Oscar buzz? FINALLY!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

I know...Oscar buzz, I love it. I am hoping that he gets nominated at least!!!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the link to the eastern promises trailer, jazz. i'm going to check it out when i get home.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Oscar buzz. wow i hope he gets it!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ