Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

By good, I mean better than Rory.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Passionate Fan

My head says that Jess should keep his distance from Rory, but my heart just can't accept it. I think when their timing is right they will be everything to each other.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_HDSpF...ed=jessmariano
Old 08-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

They should've been together.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
My head says that Jess should keep his distance from Rory, but my heart just can't accept it. I think when their timing is right they will be everything to each other.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_HDSpF...ed=jessmariano
I know I am the way, you know Rory wouldn’t leave Stars Hallow and it’s like you don’t want Jess to give up his life to follow Rory, I want Rory to follow Jess.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know what Alexia? I think I share the same opinion with you. Let for once Rory be the one, who follows and wins Jess. It was always the vice versa. It would be nice to see how she makes some effort as well.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
You know what Alexia? I think I share the same opinion with you. Let for once Rory be the one, who follows and wins Jess. It was always the vice versa. It would be nice to see how she makes some effort as well.
I know he has his life together, it would be unfair for him to give it up. I would want Rory to have to work for Jess!!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

the Peter Petrelli gif though

Robazizo's Tumblings
Old 08-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I first watched Milo as Peter..
Old 08-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
the Peter Petrelli gif though

Robazizo's Tumblings
Thanks for that, I think Jess would fight for Rory no matter what, which at this point I don't know if I would want him to fight for her.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgirl (View Post)
Thanks for that, I think Jess would fight for Rory no matter what, which at this point I don't know if I would want him to fight for her.
Yeah, that's my issue. The truth is, I want the Jess he is now with the girl Rory used to be but I'm not sure that girl exists anymore. I always felt Rory lost herself at college. Being away from Lorelai did not help her. The writers had no idea what to do with Rory away from her mother and therefore, she went from a fresh, free-thinking teenager to a rather typical student with all the usual tropes thrown-in. Even in the revival, everything about Rory was what ASP perceived to be typical about millennials - although at 32 I'm not sure Rory even qualifies as that? But not necessarily how it really is for millennials but rather the view of 50+ person that has never even spoken to a millennial about their life and really has no business writing about it.

The truth is, Jess deserves better than Rory at this point and me wanting them together would perhaps be more about the ridiculous shipper war notion of wanting Jess to win in the end.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Yeah, that's my issue. The truth is, I want the Jess he is now with the girl Rory used to be but I'm not sure that girl exists anymore. I always felt Rory lost herself at college. Being away from Lorelai did not help her. The writers had no idea what to do with Rory away from her mother and therefore, she went from a fresh, free-thinking teenager to a rather typical student with all the usual tropes thrown-in. Even in the revival, everything about Rory was what ASP perceived to be typical about millennials - although at 32 I'm not sure Rory even qualifies as that? But not necessarily how it really is for millennials but rather the view of 50+ person that has never even spoken to a millennial about their life and really has no business writing about it.

The truth is, Jess deserves better than Rory at this point and me wanting them together would perhaps be more about the ridiculous shipper war notion of wanting Jess to win in the end.
Yeah Rory was a bad example of a millennial, Jess however a good example. I think Rory away from her mom and the town didn't do her good. She was better at being a big fish in small pond, than being a little fish in a big pond. She didn't know who to follow.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

And that comes as an irony.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgirl (View Post)
Yeah Rory was a bad example of a millennial, Jess however a good example. I think Rory away from her mom and the town didn't do her good. She was better at being a big fish in small pond, than being a little fish in a big pond. She didn't know who to follow.
Jess could have been a better example if we'd got to see more of him.

Rory never felt like a follower to me when she was in high-school - the Puffs episode showed that. Perhaps having her mother always in her corner helped that.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

One thing they got it right was that she started work back at Stars Hallow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread