Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

WAT General Discussion

hi, guys! wow am i glad to have found you all! all the other forums are just chock full of people who dispise anne, still are obsessed with jack and samantha, think the writers are insane, and think jack is just some fat unattractive schmuck.

well i just had some GOOD thoughts and figured i'd share them.

first of all, i LOVE anne. she's great - very real. and i love her with jack. finally somebody jack's own age! lol! and they've known each other a long time and apparently jack's had a thing for her for awhile and it's obvious she makes him happy. i'm so glad to see jack in a good relationship and he's happy again finally. i wish they'd waited longer, though - it was only 2 episodes between max's death and jack necking his widow for crying out loud! why couldn't they have at least had the max-death ep to be like the 3rd or 4th ep of the year instead of the NINTH? lots of people keep saying the relationship seems so 'forced' - i don't see it being forced, i see it being rushed. other than the time thing, i'm totally cool with it all.

and the baby - what a shocker! totally not expecting that (apparently niether were jack and anne!)! caught me off guard, but i'm really happy for them now! anne gets the chance to me a mom even though she never thought she wanted to be and jack realized what fatherhood (and anne) means to him. i read some posts somewhere else by some people who were all upset because they thought the baby would be a boy just because "men don't feel complete without a male child" - they were mad cuz they think if the baby's a boy that the writers are saying all men want sons and have little use for daughters or something. whatever - jack would die for those girls. he loves them more than anything even though he hasn't been the perfect father. he even said "i've already got 2 kids - i wasn't expecting any more" so he apparently wasn't bothered by not having a son. he was cool with just the 2 girls. anyway, i hope it's a boy! in fact, i kind of think it will be - and don't you all think they will name him Max? i hope the writers go ahead and make it a boy and they name him Max even though it all kind of seems obvious. if it's a boy, then jack and anne will both kind of be doing something new - anne's never had kids, jack's never raised a boy. a new experience for both of them.

since she's apparently supposed to be 45, i'm expecting at least one ep involving some kind of complication but i hope it doesn't go beyond that. i don't want some season revolved around anne being in the hospital or the baby having problems or whatever.

i'm also thinking that maybe this whole baby/new family thing will make jack want the girls back in NY. you know how kate said 'she works to much' when jack asked about marie in that one episode this season? maybe he'll try to get the girls back and say that marie isn't attentive enough or that her job takes up too much of her time or something. i dunno. i DO think jack will want to spend more time with the girls. i'm kind of anticipating an ep involved with jack and anne telling the girls about the baby and hanna having some kind of fit. lol. and i can just see marie finding out (i can see her saying "WHAT? oh yeah, jack that's just what you need - another child. cuz you're just SOOO good with the 2 you have! NOT!") and jack getting all pissy and defensive. yeah i can't wait for the lets-tell-everyone-the-news ep. lol.

also, i had heard that MEM had signed on for 4 or 5 eps next season but someone here said it was THE FIRST 5 eps. any clarification on this? is it 5 eps total for the next season? the first 5 eps only? a bunch of episodes including the first 5?

i thought i had come up with some other things, but i can't think of them right now. if they come to me i'll be sure to let you guys know! thanks for lettig me ramble and let me know what you think about what i've said and my predictions!
Old 08-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Hi there! and welcome! We're so glad you found us...

First off... hope you don't mind that I changed the title to more of a WAT General Discussion thread, because not just newbies may want to discuss things!

Like you... I don't mind Anne... to me, it's a better fit for Jack (for one reason, like you said the age thing)... I was also really surprised by the baby thing and I certainly hope that its something the writers just drop out of the blue... so I'm quite glad to hear that MEM will indeed be back next season!

Hope you'll drop by again, and chat with us... Welcome!

Let us know if you have any questions etc!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:45 AM
MST Manager

Welcome to the board, Cynthia! It's wonderful to have you here w/ us.

Even though we all have various opinions, which might differ from each other, you can always feel free to discuss your thoughts here at this board. We love having discussions.

Have fun posting, and like Astra said, let us know if you have any questions! Thanks for coming.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey, all! no - i don't mind at all that you changed the title. i guess i was just meaning that *I* was a newbie and i was posting my thoughts - not that this thread was only for newbies.

anywho - so glad to hear that there are some sensable people here!

i did think of a couple other things i had wanted to mention. first of all, elena's daughter had *better* not be danny's (even though it certainly seems like they are leaning that way )! i wouldn't mind danny having a child, it's just that apparently he hasn't been part of the girl's life and i wouldn't want danny to be a dead-beat dad and i sure wouldn't want him to just have never known that the little girl was his! can you imagine finding out that a 5 year old (or however old she is) is your child!? i know it happens a lot in real life, but it sucks. danny would be so incredibly mad at elena for not telling him he had a daughter.

lastly, i have to say that i can NOT wait til danny finds out anne is pregnant! he is gonna razz jack so bad! i can see danny just smirking so cute and saying something like "you ole dog, you!" to jack! lmbo!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Well some folks might disagree that we're sensible, but that's another issue...

I'm having a bad feeling about the Elena's daughter thing though... just some little looks from last season made me really wonder... (the same way the tension between Jack/Sam made me wonder if they had had an affair... -- let's hope I'm not right again). Maybe it's a big question mark and he might be the daddy-o... that's fine... Get a DNA test from Jerry Springer or Maury, but I don't want Danny to be the daddy...

And I agree... I can definitely see Danny smirking BIG time give Jack the old wink wink nudge nudge.... passing out cigars... etc...
Old 08-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

passing out cigars - lol! yeah i love danny. he's so sweet.

yeah they can play the whole is-danny-the-daddy game all season if they want, but he better not be her father in the end.

seems like this season is gonna be all about children - jack and anne are having a baby, the writers have been revving up the whole elena's daughter issue for a year, and samantha apparently has some baby/pregnancy/motherhood fetish (gave a baby up for adoption/ had an abortion/ lost a child/ something) that i bet they'll bring up again.

by the way, anne said she's 45 - anyone know how old jack's supposed to be?
Old 08-05-2006, 06:09 PM
MST Manager

I am thinking that Jack might be around the same age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra
Well some folks might disagree that we're sensible, but that's another issue...

True, true.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Okie... now that we're getting close to the start of a new season (and without disclosing any spoilers, if known) where do you see WAT going in the new season?

I'm wondering how far into Ann's pregnancy they'll 'drop us'... i.e. if she'll be showing etc.... Sometimes they advance things a bit... I'm expecting that they will do that... but who knows... These writers are hard to predict.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:12 PM
MST Manager

For some reason, I think the baby won't make it. As horrible as that sounds, I am thinking that.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some complication (life threatening), but I sort of think the baby will be ok... but one can never guess where they'll take us... *shrug*
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, like i mentioned previously, i'm definately expecting some sort of complication. i mean, the woman's supposed to be 45 - if they did NOT have some sort of worry or health problem it would be unrealistic (although most women over 40 do have healthy babies). BUT i really hope the entire season doesn't become one big 'oh-my-god-something's-wrong-with-the-baby" spiel. they can scare us all they want, but in the end anne and that baby better both be okay.

god i can't WAIT for the new season. and i really wanna see samantha's reaction. and i'd really like it if jack told her off. lol. i'm sorry, i know a lot of people love sam-and-jack, but it makes me cringe and sam just acts like the biggest baby sometimes. i just want her to realize that jack has totally moved on and is in love with someone else. the cherry on top for me would be for him to admit to her that he was never in love with her - that she was just a fling while he was having marital problems (and you guys KNOW this is all it was). god i would be so happy i would wet my pants. lol. if jack and sam so much as even look at each other and bat thier eyes i will scream and start rocking back and forth in a corner somewhere. jack + anne forever!

okay enough rambling . . . for now
Old 09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
MST Manager

Ramble on, Cynthia. It's ok.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

I ramble all the time!

I've not been particularly crazy about Sam's character for a while.... She needs some redeeming development by the writers in my eyes... We'll have to wait and see on that I guess...

Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

So everyone... here's are quasi-question of the week

How has the move to Sunday been for you as a viewer? For me, it wasn't bad... I generally had to tape the show anyway b/c I get up really early... so not much difference for me...
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 AM
MST Manager

Same w/ me, Astra.

I had to tape the show on Thursday because I watched ER and now, on Sundays, I record the show because I am watching football.