Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Will be watching tonight, I tend to jot things down on paper so there maybe a long post, at-least the forum width is pretty long here.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Pilot...great ep..
rewatch soon i will
warning...i may post some anti jd/elliot thoughts
Old 07-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
The Pilot...great ep..
rewatch soon i will
warning...i may post some anti jd/elliot thoughts
I love how you think its cool and controversial you dislike JD/Elliot I really do
Old 07-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i don't think it's cool or controversial
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

I mean the way you insist on trying to stir the pot I mean.

Nothing wrong with that I guess.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Discussions are always welcome, when constructive. Even if on this board the majority of people is proJelliot, it's always interesting to see another pov.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 07-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah I think the same, I am kinda pro and against, the against being I also disliked how they spent so much on J.D. moping over her, not to be funny but how can someone be against Jelliot from My First Days perspective?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

not against...but it layed some groundwork for why they wouldn't be successful in the future
Old 07-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by talking_cookie (View Post)
I think one of my favourite parts of the pilot is the first scene with the shaving cream because it really sets the tone for the rest of the show with all the goofyness.
Me too. It starts of kind of serious, almost solemn and then BAM!! Shaving cream bikini

I obviously don't think so. There's usually a maturity gap from someone when they are 24-25 to when they are 32. When I first started watching the show I always felt that even though I liked JD/Elliot, they were obviously unlikely to have a stable relationship when they were young, it just won't work. Why not when they are older though? That's what I get from the pilot too. It was amusing to see them, sort of kind of set up, how every sit com starts off their will they/won't they couple.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Extreme Fan

I was just thinking about how truly phenomenal and unique and perfect the pilot was yesterday.

It's a true classic. Ted's orientation lecture is a beautiful moment, and it's no wonder they brought it back for the interns' webisodes this season.
I was comparing it to other pilots which I have watched, and I think My First Day is the only one which really introduces the characters and sets the mood for the show. By the end of it we are so sure of each character.

I love little details in it, like how Perry goes to touch JD's shoulder after he finally treats a patient, but just finds he can't. I love the needle through the stomach of the woman listening to reggae- that never fails to make me laugh like a mad woman with a nickel in her teeth. The introduction of the bromance, when Turk tells JD he loves him at the end is so perfect, as we are so aware of the Guy Love from the very beginning, but we never question Turk's cocky personality.

The sequence of JD's first night on-call does the perfect Scrubs thing of walking the line between comedy and drama, especially when Laverne tells JD of the death of his patient. Turk shocking the sleeping man is just... hysterical.

The moose in the headlights is pure genius, and there are only a few jokes that don't quite work. The sound effects annoy me, I'm so glad they dropped those early, and I didn't think the lines "Eisenhower was a sissy" and "Dude be whiter" were particularly funny.... But maybe that's just because I have no idea who Eisenhower was.

The Jelliot scenes are a very nice introduction to their relationship, and have you wanting them together from the beginning. I love the way JD raises his eyebrows like a freak when Elliot kisses him, and I love how he is so dazzled by her that he walks into a door. It was a nice way of tying up the "goofy when nervous" thing from the beginning with the end. Their first code is also priceless.

The very best moments of the pilot, which are some of the best moments of the entire series, are the ones between Janitor and JD. I'm a real sucker for penny antics! However, none of those moments could ever live up to the brilliance of the GOMER in the wheelchair who isn't actually dead (and has disappearing glasses... ). Th line "I'm not really dead" is just genius. Pure genius.

To the Scrubs board: it was amazing while it lasted.

sigh.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I really did think My Finale would start like the opening of My First Day and My Last Day, but I assume the reference by Elliot of how J.D. slept was a clear reference to them openings.

I was expecting this to be a long write up but really I don't know what to write.

Noticed two things I have not before, The Todd is in the background in the penthouse when they first meet Elliot and hes eating a Pizza slice.

Second The Janitor is at the finish line during J.D. first fantasy in his race with Elliot, even before meeting him.

I loved how they built up Doctor Kelso through the episode as the good guy only to completely swerve the audience and J.D. and to realise its Doctor Cox who really the good guy at this point.

I loved how J.D. said when his patient died, I only want to help people.

When Janitor shows him the penny, I love this piece of stock music, I have heard it on alot of comedies but no idea what it is.

Thought I'd be writing more for this but what else can I say I guess, when do we watch My Mentor?

Cheers
Old 07-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Second The Janitor is at the finish line during J.D. first fantasy in his race with Elliot, even before meeting him.
I had never noticed that.
Tush- awesome review. I also really love the sequence of JD's first night on-call.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 07-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I re-watched the scene again and they are all there, Turk, Carla, Dr Kelso, The Todd, Laverne and of course The Janitor.

Even the guy Turk shocks.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow, I notice Turk and Carla and Kelso and all that but not the guy turk shocked . Funny how it adds to it.

Lovely reviews Patrick and Tush! Keep the essays coming, you know how much I love reading them!

I'd contribute one soon, I promise. I just haven't had a chance to rewatch the episode yet but tomorrow I'm probably gonna have a mini scrubs marathon so I can kill time . So expect it! Hopefully!

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

great reviews...
still haven't seen it but from my memory
i loved the whole illusion thing...J.D thought that Dr. Kelso was the mentor type when he wasn't
he lusted after Elliot calling her his dream girl when he really didn't know her at all (after she snaked him)
Turk being the one to rejuvenate his spirits
the beginning of Turk and Carla in the best, most non-typical Scrubs esque way ever