Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know, i think it's just b/c the writers changed the writing style. They appeared to drastically alter the storyline arc after season 4! I definitely preferred the writing style of the earlier seasons for the reasons i mentioned!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I can understand all your points Heather.
I just can't say that I disliked any season or character of Charmed b/c it's my all time favorite TV-show.

Although the first season was a very special one for me b/c Leo and Piper met and that Andy and Prue were together.Also a lot of new things I haven't seen on TV were introduced.
Insurgent
Old 10-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Loyal Fan

How much do you guys love when Andy finally finds out that Prue is a witch as are Piper and Phoebe and he still puts aside his disbelief to help their cause?! Love this guy. When I watch season 1 I just realize again how much the show benefitted from his presence. I think that is why "Blind Sided or Out of Sight" is my favorite episode from season 1.

Lois: (to Clark) Lana's your past, I'm your future.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Booey, that episode is awesome. My favorite line from that episode was the following:

Prue: Do i have to use my power on you?
Andy: I'll meet you up on the street!

Ted King (Andy) had an excellent acting presence. He and Shannen Doherty (Prue) had a strong acting chemistry together and that's what made their characters work so well together. Chemistry makes or breaks a show b/c it's not something that can be created; the actors and actresses working together either have it or they don't.

I think the show would have been 10 times better in the following seasons had Andy still been present as Darryl Morris's partner. Think of all the storyline opportunity missed?

My Birthday Today!!!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy belated Birthday Heather!
I hope your day was full of family, friends, and fun!

I can't even imagine how much the later seasons of Charmed would have benefitted from his character. He and Shannen were amazing together and I loved his comraderie with Darryl as well.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~World on Fire~* (View Post)
Happy belated Birthday Heather!
I hope your day was full of family, friends, and fun!

I can't even imagine how much the later seasons of Charmed would have benefitted from his character. He and Shannen were amazing together and I loved his comraderie with Darryl as well.
Heather

And Shannen and Ted had awesome chemistry.I agree.
Insurgent
Old 10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, guys! My Birthday was a good one!

Hey, speaking of Andy, too bad Leo wasn't around to heal him. I know the show eventually established that Leo's power couldn't heal "the dead"; however, that wasn't the case in Love Hurts. Do you guys remember how Piper cast the power switching spell? Well, Leo died before she could figure out how to use his healing power. Yet, when she finally figured out the trigger was "love" she was able to use the power to bring him back to life. So, the writers must have changed that little rule when they needed Prue to die. Actually, i think they changed it even earlier than that in the season 2 finale when they thought Prue was dead for good! Leo told the girls he couldn't heal the dead. I don't understand the exception that was made with Leo being brought back from the dead. The fact that he's a whitelighter just makes him magical like Prue so that shouldn't make the difference!

Old 10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

I agree.
Insurgent
Old 10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah that is too bad because you know if it had happened in the later season they all would have screamed for Leo and he would have come and probably healed Andy. It seemed like they were always almost dying and having to be healed.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, right?

And if that didn't work out just think of all the other alternatives... avatars, alchemists...etc!

Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I know, right?

And if that didn't work out just think of all the other alternatives... avatars, alchemists...etc!

That would just have been awesome!
Insurgent
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Well my favorite first season episode didn't win on the episode survivor thread.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~World on Fire~* (View Post)

Well my favorite first season episode didn't win on the episode survivor thread.
Was that Which Prue is it anyway?
I quite content that the episode that won,won.
Although it wasn't my real fav.
Insurgent
Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Bugs Bunny

I love Season One Charmed. My favourite episode from that was De Ja Vu All Over Again. Was such a great episode, and so sad when Andy died I wish he was still here

Some other favourite eps from that season are, The Wendigo, From Fear to Eternity and Which Prue is it Anyway. I loved Barbus (sp?), and learning the fears of the sisters. And the other two were really funny, in my opinion

Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I love Deja Vu All Over Again, but it can't be my favorite episode from the season, just on the principle that Andy shouldn't have died. I know, stubborn right? I can't help it, he and Prue were awesome together and she just got no good love interests after him. And I can understand all the bad guys if he was going to come back, but then she just died and he didn't. Dang.....I just love the one with the Grimlocks though, when he finally comes face to face with their secret and Prue is forced to save him with her powers, so good.

Last edited by *~World on Fire~*; 02-20-2007 at 07:48 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread