Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Your Dream "Joan" Ending?

Well since the show is not going to be able to give us this - the question is how would *you* choose to wrap things up? Where would you have liked to have seen all the characters, couples, storylines, etc - end up?

Me? It's 3am, I just had a flash of a good idea for a topic but if formulate my thoughts now they wont make any sense, so I'll be back after sleep occurs.

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
Old 05-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

I don't really know what end I want but I some ideas

Joan tells her "army" (Luke, Grace, glenis, Friedman, Adam) that she's talking to god and that they have to do something for Ryan

Joan and Adam should make up

Luke and Grace still together

we discover who is Ryan

Joan decides to work with her "army"

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 05-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'd like to see it end with Joan telling the friends and family she hasn't told yet about God. If she can cite instances where she knew things she couldn't possibly have known, anything that might help them believe her, it might be very beneficial to them. Especially Will and Helen. There would be the implication that God will continue to be showing up in Joan's life. Some of her friends and family will start to look more closely at the people around them, wondering if any of them might be God.

We would have already had Joan talk to Adam again about God, and this would bring them closer. We'd have also already gotten an explanation of Adam's rather odd behavior during the last quarter of the season. As far as the two of them, it would end with them being friends, but she would have found someone who brings out the best in her. Adam would be concentrating on college and his artwork, and not worrying about a relationship until he really knows what he wants and how to communicate that to someone else. Even better, he would also be having his own encounters with God.

Helen would have had her confirmation and her faith would be steady; Will would be strongly moved by Joan's admission about God to re-examine his own beliefs.

Luke and Grace would be together; he would be at MIT or the college of his choice, and she would have found her true calling, maybe as a teacher of some sort, where she can help kids learn to think for themselves instead of always taking the word of an adult, the newspaper, or television.

Friedman would have matured a bit and would be in college with Glynnis.

That's all I've got for the moment.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

I would have loved to see a battle between Ryan and Joan's army. I would have liked to get more of a story line on Friedman. Maybe have him date In my dream world it would have been Joan/Friedman but realistically I would have liked to see him with some other girl not Glynnis.

I would of course want Luke and Grace together. Maybe Grace getting closer to religion.

I would have wanted Joan to tell Grace first about talking to God and then Adam. I would have liked to see Adam and Grace together as friends and maybe later something more.

I would of loved to see more of Kevin/Lily I loved their interaction.

I would have liked to see Will as police chief again and Helen find her faith.

hmm that is all for right now but I'm sure I'll be back

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 05-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, I forgot, much more of Adam and Grace as friends. I really can't see them being romantically involved in any way; their reactions to each other when she thought he was Luke were priceless. I get more of a sibling vibe from them, the sister/brother they never had.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I think they have known each other too long to date. But I would have liked to see more of their friendship.

I also would have liked it if Joan and Adam had gone to the same college. I don't think Joan was being fair on herself by thinking she couldn't get into a good school.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

1. Adam and Joan got together. But Joan needs to B**** out Adam first and then Adam needs to actually LOOK like he is very sorry.
2. Joan gets into a good college
3. Joan tells Adam about God... again... this time he believes her and is glad she finally told him
4. Grace and Adam build a better friendship
5. More Joan and Grace talks... like the one where Grace came into Joans window to talk about love
6. Kevin and (i forget her name my brain isn't working) the nun lady tell I love you's (and to think i was obbssessed with getting Rebecca and Kevin back together (Actually i still miss her.))
7. Iris makes one good appearance just to piss people off I think I would be funny... she should use her "ring, ring that's my life calling..." line just one more time
8. Just happiness and cuteness... the Season one of JOA pretty much

.:. Lanie .:.

ICON
Old 05-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

It's fun to see that basically we all want the same thing for the end

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 05-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Actually, at first glance I thought about Joan burning at the stakes, which is wrong because this isn't Joan of Arc. I just hope for a happy and fulfilling ending for Joan. I hope they'd get a chance to show that.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah that I think was the nice part of the show they never tried to start couple wars or make big plot changes that would of split up the fan base.

I also would of loved to see Kevin move out to his own place. I think he needs some independence and some time alone with Lily.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchallenged_4eva
1. Adam and Joan got together. But Joan needs to B**** out Adam first and then Adam needs to actually LOOK like he is very sorry.
2. Joan gets into a good college
3. Joan tells Adam about God... again... this time he believes her and is glad she finally told him
4. Grace and Adam build a better friendship
5. More Joan and Grace talks... like the one where Grace came into Joans window to talk about love
6. Kevin and (i forget her name my brain isn't working) the nun lady tell I love you's (and to think i was obbssessed with getting Rebecca and Kevin back together (Actually i still miss her.))
7. Iris makes one good appearance just to piss people off I think I would be funny... she should use her "ring, ring that's my life calling..." line just one more time
8. Just happiness and cuteness... the Season one of JOA pretty much
That's what I'd like to see.

I wouldn't mind also seeing someone confronting Joan as to who she is talking to when she wandered off to talk to God.

I wish that they'd give us an ending
Old 10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the things that are mentioned. After the season ended I was so psyched to seeing season 3 (as most of you were) and then I was just dumbfounded when I found out there wouldn't be a season 3.

Here's what I would've liked to have seen:

- Joan telling her mother that she can talk to God (her mother was having dreams about God and was coming into believing so it only makes sense.)

- The subdefectives thinking Joan is still crazy and not knowing what's going on

- Joan rounding up her army based on faith and not based on truth

- Joan and Ryan having more contact /c each other

- Joan finding out from other sources on her magnetic field being out of wack

- Joan talking more to Luke about the whole science stuff and maybe finding a reason as to why things are out of control (even though she has a feeling that Ryan is causing it some how).

- Ryan doing more mischievious things without any of it being put on him

- Joan talking to Rocky again without realizing there are other people in the room. She has no excuse this time. She see's God and runs off to go talk to him, leaving her friends bewildered.

- Joan later in the season telling her friends why she's been acting so strange.

- Joan's friends thinking that because of what Joan told her, she needs to be sent back to crazy camp.

- God talking to Adam and Grace with Joan present

- Adam believing in Joan. Later Grace believing also.

- Joan and Ryan face off; just the two of them alone.

- Joan and her army face off against Ryan
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

i would want joan and adam to be close friends, and thats all. realize they dont fit together in a relationship, but that they are important in each other's lives.

i want ryan to turn out to be god, who was just testing Joan, to see how she could handle situations.

i want joan to keep what she knows about god to herself, but know that he does exist, and that sometimes people will believe in him, and others wont, but she knows the truth. that she was the person that god chose to see him because he wants her to encourage people like her mom to have faith in him. but i dont want ne1 else to see him or know about him
Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea I haven't even seen the ending of the show yet
Old 02-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly- (View Post)
I have no idea I haven't even seen the ending of the show yet
From what you've seen do you have anything in mind how you would of liked to see the show end?