Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember when Ryan first came in and on another site they were saying now if you change the letter in Ryan you get yarn (to do with Joan's knitting).
Old 02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I remember when Ryan first came in and on another site they were saying now if you change the letter in Ryan you get yarn (to do with Joan's knitting).
Common thread, indeed. I wonder if that was intentional to reinforce the connections between them.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was. The show was good at making a point of introducing new characters to show another meaning behind them.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Ryan would have really meant changes for Joan though, I mean she's seen some more darker reality to life since God came into hers, but her storylines are supposed to be the light to Will's dark, I wonder how that would have worked with her fighting "Evil". That's not particularly light. Would the whole series have taken a darker tone? I imagine they'd have keep some of the humour in it, still, but just overall it would have to have been a lot darker.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It did feel towards the end of S2 that they would of taken S3 into a more darker storyline. Which would of been interesting to see how they could of got it to work or to keep up the storyline that Ryan was evil and who or how they would of stopped him.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I personally would have been fine with the show going in a darker direction - a lot of the high school issues that they were dealing with were getting on my nerves because they made them so dramatic. When they started having the vandalized churches and Helen with her dreams about it, I got really intrigued. I think it would have been neat to explore more of the issues with God and being on his side rather than God helping teach her lessons about high school and friends, etc.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked that they had teen issues, but I don't want melodramatic teen stuff, that's for the cheesy teen dramas. I like that JoA was about teens and everything but wasn't your normal teenage show...that's why it's a bit aggravating that it was pulled in part (from what I've heard) due to an old audience. I mean if you're going to make the show good, expect a higher class of viewers, rather than a majority of teens. Of course I was like 15 when it was on, so...I'm not saying that teenagers are dumb, just the ones that would prefer One Tree Hill or The OC to JoA.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What about having an episode with a flashback to Grace and Adam before Joan arrived. I know that they briefly did it for the Giradis, but seeing what Grace and Adam were like before Joan came along would of been interesting.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
What about having an episode with a flashback to Grace and Adam before Joan arrived. I know that they briefly did it for the Giradis, but seeing what Grace and Adam were like before Joan came along would of been interesting.
Yeah that would have been cool, but I think we can already gauge what it was like by their early appearances and from talking about it.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I think it would have been cool to see what they were like before Joan - it's actually difficult for me to picture. It seems like they were close but I still have a hard time picturing them being friends day to day...

My question to everyone is for the end of Joan if people would have liked to have seen God continue his relationship with Joan the way it was, or if they would have like to have seen a nice end to the kind of relationship they had where maybe God had served his purpose in Joan's life for that time.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
My question to everyone is for the end of Joan if people would have liked to have seen God continue his relationship with Joan the way it was, or if they would have like to have seen a nice end to the kind of relationship they had where maybe God had served his purpose in Joan's life for that time.
My thinkings would be that this interaction as it has been on the show is her training, and that eventually Joan would be able to see her missions by power of observation without God actually telling her in his vague way. I think that would have been nice to see at the end of the series.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Supreme Fan

And that would be consistent with the overall purpose of her doing these things - to be more aware and observant

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think at some point it would of had to come to an end. How that could play out, I'm not sure. Would Joan just accept it and move on with her life?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Supreme Fan

I can see Joan being very paranoid for the rest of her life thinking that anyone she meets could be God

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes there's always that isn't there.