Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Terpsichore:
<STRONG>Just saw this episode. Not as good as 'Jump' but still awesome.

I loved Will in this. "He's talking about his ass in public and your my wife!" Hilarious. I was laughing out loud. And punching spa boy. So entertaining. And good job with the continuity on the writer's part with still mentioning the hostage situation and Will's real reflections on it.

Dude. I ship CBG and Joan. It's wrong on so many levels but Kris Lemche and Amber Tamblyn have so much chemistry. Loved the dance.

I felt bad for Adam, Joan wasn't treating him very well. But, gawd, I love them so much. The talk was so real. Adam nd Joan have this relationship that is way beyond romantic love or even friendship. They have this certain understanding and attraction, I don't know. And the dance. Loved it. I really like the way the writers are handling this. They aren't having Joan and Adam jump into a relationship but instead are building up the one they have.

I love this show!</STRONG>
I think the Joan and Adam 'ship is one of those things that are meant to be. They were meant to know one another, God helped in that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]I am also glad they are taking it slow. I find, in tv, that when couples go fast, they usually break up soon after. They need a season or so to get to really know each other and themselves. They need to become ready to couple.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode too, but Jump is my favorite of the season so far!

I think everyone covered all the high points. I like the Joan/Adam relationship just as it is. They should go slow, they're both very young and they need to figure things out first before clearly defining their relationship. They have a wonderful connection that won't change regardless of other people that they may meet and get involved with.

I can't believe we have to wait two weeks for another episode! Yikes! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

And I'll repeat what someone else said, I love this show too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Harry/Ginny
Hermione/Ron
Old 01-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

People have been all over the place with their opinions about this episode. I for one liked it - it was a nice transition from the escalated tension of Jump.

As for Adam and Joan, there are all sorts of people who don't want them to get together because it may lead to the 'inevitable' decline of the show itself. I don't agree with that, though. What would be awesome is to give the writers a minute bit of credit for being good enough to sustain interest if they were together. I hate angst and I'm kind of sick of it being used as a device on all sorts of shows.

If they did get together, there are so many things they'd have to deal with, the same pressures that all kids have to deal with. I don't think that would detract from the show's quality or potential to be even better.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:
<STRONG>Ok, seriously, after last week I was all ready to hop on the Adam/Joan shipper bus, but just one appearance by our beloved CBG and my heart's just not in it. IMO the chemistry between CBG and Joan is 10 times stronger than Adam/Joan. They're more friendshippy/cute/first love, while CBG/Joan sizzle, man. Which, if you think about it, since he's God and all, is kinda weird... But still! The sizzle is there, man. It's there. Oh yeah. *sigh*</STRONG>
ITA with your whole post. Of course I squealed at the ending of Jump but my heart started beating like mad when CGG showed up in Recreation. *sigh* Kris and Amber just have this amazing chemistry. The way they banter and of course his whole laughing throwing his head back thing and the way he was just watching her after saying "wanna dance?" made me fall in love. I must have watched that scene a million times already. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

~*I am all about Adam/Jane. CBG and Joan just creep me out a little bit! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I guess it's the God part!

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
Old 01-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySummers:
<STRONG>~*I am all about Adam/Jane. CBG and Joan just creep me out a little bit! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I guess it's the God part!</STRONG>
ITA. I'd be all about Joan/CBG, if he weren't really God. It's just creepy to me. It'd be like she was making out or going to the movies with God. So, I'm all about Jane/Adam.

Old 01-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I think the way the Joan/Adam thing was handled was perfect. I'm pretty much the exact same way when it comes to boyfriend opportunities. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just get nervous and doubtful about it.

Kevin, the fabulous writer. Not really buying it. Not really loving Rebecca, although I liked her more in this episode than I have before.

As for Joan and CBG, that definitely squicks me. Not only 'cause he's, well, God, but also because I honestly find KL to be...weird-looking. Not very Cute Boy at all. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Don't kill me, okay? To each his own.

Some parts of the spa thing were humorous, but overall I didn't care. Strip Scrabble. *shivers* I could've done without that. I pretty much tuned out that entire "Will is letting out repressed emotions" scene. All I know is it had something to do with the hostage thing. I don't really care about what happens with Will's storylines, they're the most boring part of the show, and he annoys me anyway.

I wish there was maybe a little more hint of Luke and Grace. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And some more Grace herself, because she rocks, and is probably my favorite character at the moment.

"I don't inhale." Bwah! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That's all. Can't wait for the next episode.

icon credit
Old 01-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

~*I was begining to think everyone was dumping Adam & Jane in favor CBG. I am glad to see that there are still shippers out there.
I must say that I just don't see the excitment about CBG and Joan. I see him as God guiding her and that's it to me. Sorry guys.

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
Old 01-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySummers:
<STRONG>~*I was begining to think everyone was dumping Adam & Jane in favor CBG. I am glad to see that there are still shippers out there.
I must say that I just don't see the excitment about CBG and Joan. I see him as God guiding her and that's it to me. Sorry guys.</STRONG>
True. CBG and Joan fight and it's all cute, but he is God. I've noticed he appears when she needs to be mad at him and have witty little fights. It's more of a student/teacher thing or something of that sort.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I rewatched the episode again yesterday and I was so excited that CBG came back. Now I don't like them together because well hes God. But you can see how Joan is more comfortable with that persona of God.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Caddie:
<STRONG>I rewatched the episode again yesterday and I was so excited that CBG came back. Now I don't like them together because well hes God. But you can see how Joan is more comfortable with that persona of God.</STRONG>
I'm going to agree here. I think she is more comfortable with the young persona of God, because talking to him is like talking to a peer.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Got bored so I went to the very last page.

OMG. I loved this episode! The commentary was hilarious... Still wishing the S2 had an actor's commentary.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good find Becs!

I loved this episode too.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

"Who are these people?"
-Joan on the people at her party
Old 02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode has just recently aired in Australia.

I loved seeing Cute Guy God again