Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I believe that Adam means way too much to Joan for her to take it lightly. But I loved the discussion at the end. When Joan told Adam that it meant something to her, too, it seemed as if something in him changed. I know he was all hurt and confused, but at least he knows it wasn't because she doesn't like him. I think he realizes that she doesn't really know what to do because she *does* like him.

And then she asked him to dance...
Old 01-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

OMG the Jane/Adam dance [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I loved tonights episode. I hated how Joan was acting with Adam, and when he tried to kiss her again, that was so sad when she shot him down. I loved when she tried to buy liquer [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That guy was awesome god [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And OMG Cuteboy god was back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] smiles all around, I loved the dance.

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 01-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tonight's epsiode was awesome like always. I felt sad for Adam also. It was so cute when the speaker dude was talking about love romantic and Adam just looks right at Joan than she finally looks over at him. I knew that when Adam was going to get her some water and when cute god asked to dance and talk it out that Adam was going to see them and feel hurt. I wanted to hug him but the ending was perfect with the dance. Besides the cutest with Adam/Joan. I am glad that Kevin and Rebecca kissed. I thought that maybe Luke and Grace were going to kiss tonight but I was wrong. *shrugs* Oh well, Im sure they will kiss again sometime [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Will cracked me up alot in tonights epsiode. it was funny how he got in a fight in the quiet room with one of the guys [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
My LJ
Old 01-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

What about Grace and Luke? No kissing for them? Everybody else got some action.

Aww. Helen and Will are my favorite parents on TV ever.

Is it wrong that I 'shipped CBG and Joan for a tiny second while they were dancing? I was like..."aww, they're so cute...wait he's God. That's wrong!"

Joan. Adam. Dancing. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Kevin and Rebecca, nope, still don't care.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 01-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Good episode..not as good as last week's but, honestly, what could top that? And I get Joan not being ready, they just got their friendship back on track, and as much of a shipper as I am I think it's great that they are building a solid friendship between them. This way, when they do get together, it will be, just [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Loved the ending, hehe. It was funny, [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] two weeks of rerun hell, God, why do you do this to us?

Oh and yeah! CBG was baaaaack! Sweetwater Gal, I know you were happy with that!!! (wish I could have been dancing with Chris and Kris)
Old 01-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl:
<STRONG>Is it wrong that I 'shipped CBG and Joan for a tiny second while they were dancing? I was like..."aww, they're so cute...wait he's God. That's wrong!"</STRONG>
If it's wrong then I'm wrong with you. I knew that CuteBoy!God was going to show up, but I wasn't prepared for it to happen right then...when he asked her to dance my heart fluttered. I felt BAD for Adam because I knew he was going to see them together, and my heart was breaking for him...but at the same time when Joan was all, "Can I say no?" I was screaming at the t.v. "SAY YES SAY YES SAY YES DAMNIT!!!"

I liked how different their dance was from the one she danced with Adam. With Adam out on the sidewalk they were a lot closer, holding one another and laughing. Whereas CuteBoy!God and Joan kept their distance, and the dance was a little more awkward (especially on Joan's part).

Plus, you just KNEW that the reason God asked her to dance was for the express purpose of Adam seeing them and getting jealous. Very sneaky. So that thought was with me the entire time while watching them.

AT and KL have a very natural chemistry -- it's something about the way he talks to her and looks at her (especially in today's dance).

It used to bother me: "Wait a second, this is God! It's wrong!" But I keep in mind that it was in fact this version of God that told her that he looks like, talks like, acts like, someone who would make her comfortable. In a situation that's familiar to her.

Either the chemistry is just natural and impossible for AT and KL to turn off (like I said above) or whoever directs their scenes is actively encouraging it.

I don't mind either option [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] They're too fun to watch!

As a side-note, as cute as Joan/Adam are, for some reason I'm not huge-huge on them as a romantic couple. (I think I'm like one of the few who isn't really into them.) They do have their definite cute moments, and I did like their kiss...but I wouldn't be crushed if they stayed friends.
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 01-16-2004, 09:44 PM
New Fan

hi,
okay, i dont want to say too much here because i just posted something that was kinda long for me on the Joan/Adam topic place. But, i just wanted to say that i agree with most of you on everything. I was really sad about how jane was treating adam throughout the ep and i was totally glad about the dance at the end. I love how they were dancing so close. They were so cute. Im completely smitten with Chris marquette. I just love him to death. I understand what everyone is saying about how they were glad that J/A are still staying friends for a while, but the shipper in me is just over that and wants them to be together. It was weird though, like some of u were saying, when she was dancing with Cute Boy God i kinda liked that. I was just thinking "wow he is cute, but wait, u have to stop cuz Adam is going to come." Then he did, and the look on his face was so terrible i almost wanted to cry.

just a quick note on some other people on the show, which i dont pay too close attention to because im mostly watching for Joan and Adam, but i thought some of the stuff with the parents was really funny. ok, well, im going to go because i said i wasnt going to write a lot and look what happened. ok, bye
michelle
Old 01-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I have to say that I loved this episode. It was so sweet at the end when she danced with Adam. I felt so sorry for him throughout the episode because she kept turning him down.

I thought the Liquor Store God was great He doesn't inhale. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together-Oprah Winfrey
Old 01-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

I liked this ep, but I felt so bad for Adam. From the very beginning!

What about us?
What about us?

Then at the party when he tried to kiss her when he got there! I wanted to slap her. Through the whole party she was just plain mean to him. I liked the end, but there still was no closure.

I thought Luke on the couch with the cold compress on his head was funny.

Lisa
Old 01-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, well obviously this week's episode was a bit of a letdown compared to last week's, but I still thought it was very solid and recieves an A from me.

First of all, I would just like to say how angry I am that JoA was only on once for me tonight, since the Canadian network was showing some other stupid movie or something instead. I had been planning to watch the first one through without interruptions and then watch it a second time while taking some notes. I didn't get to do that, so I'll probably miss a couple of things. Oh and yes, I'm that obsessed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I thought it was so sweet for Joan/Luke/Kevin to give their parents a "married weekend" trip. Loved Helen's "I'm usually the one who makes smells in the kitchen, so we were worried." And also, "Strip Scrabble!" Bwah!

Can I just say how much I love Adam? I love love love love him. After last week's O.C., he beats out Seth Cohen as my TV boyfriend. I liked the confusion and the uncomfortableness between Adam and Joan; I thought it was very realistic. I know a lot of you are going to be angry at Joan for brushing Adam off so quickly, but I can completely relate. They've just gotten their friendship on track after a huge fight and then a kiss is thrown in, and you've got total chaos. Obviously, Adam is going to be very happy, since we all know he's all about her, but Joan on the other hand, has never outwardly expressed romantic feelings for him (am I incorrect? I've missed a couple of eps here and there, so feel free to correct me) so it's completely natural for her to be completely confused. Besides, denial seems to work for her. Anyways, more on them later.

I really enjoyed seeing Adam's reaction to Joan's complaining about her love-sick parents. You can totally tell he's all about romance. And that makes me love him more. Squeee!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] How cute was Grace's little dancey walk as she came up to tell Rove/Jane about the drugs presentation?

Aw, I loved how Adam looked over at Jane when the speaker was talking about love and having the best kiss of the year (or something to that effect). And also, so funny of God to start talking about hormones and sex, haha, I'm surprised Price didn't jump in any sooner.

Loved the interaction between the sibs regarding the party. It felt very natural, but was very entertaining at the same time. Also, when the parentals were leaving and the no parties came up? "Don't worry, I've got it covered. We've decided they don't have enough friends to have one." Bwah, I love big brother Kevin.

I can totally understand Helen's glee at going to spa. I love spas, total relaxage. Hehe, I liked Will's apprehension too; it was very fitting to his character: "I'm not getting wrapped!"

At school, when Luke and Joan are trying to plan out how to tell people about the party. "I thought you were cool." "Well, I'm not." "Crap!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And also, I loved Grace's "You having a party? Well am I invited?" "Yes, of course!" "I hate parties." Snerk! I loved Adam's approach to asking about the party too. He just wants to know where he stands, and Jane's not giving it to him [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The Rebecca thinking Kevin is a writing genius was a little contrived, but I think the characters work well together and the actors have good chemistry, so I'll let it slide.

At the spa, the placecard: "The Quiet Room. Quiet Talking" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can definitely understand Will's apprehension in giving up his weapon, and that guy was starting to grate on my nerves. I loved the look of pure disappointment on Helen's face that prompted him to hand the gun over. Nicely acted by Mary.

I knew the cashier at the store was going to be God. I thought it was pretty bold of him to start talking to Joan about Adam and stuff with Luke right there though. For sure Luke would have picked up on the how-the-hell-does-this-guy-know-about-Joan-and-Adam vibe?

The party was slightly unrealistic, or at least different from the ones I've attended. How awesome were the looks on Grace and Adam's faces when they walked in the door? Aw, how cute that Adam leaned in for a kiss!! Jane, how on earth can you deny that boy? *slaps her over the head* Well, hell, if you don't want him... C'mere Adam, I'll give you some loving [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Didn't really care for the scenes at the spa, especially with the businessman (although, I have to agree with Will, we did NOT need to know about that guy's colon crisis! ICK!). Also, expecting Helen and Will not to eat for an entire night? That's pretty harsh. I completely understood Helen's hurt feelings, thinking that Will didn't want to spend time with her. But that scene playing Scrabble was amazing. Nicely acted by Joe; shows us just how much that incident affected him.

Rebecca/Kevin kiss? Very cute. Looking forward to more of these guys. It'll be cool to explore the rammifications of their boss/employee relationship and see how the people at the paper react, ie. favouritism, etc.

Aw, Adam, I'll dance with you!!!! He is SO Jane-whipped. I liked how he got her the water though, very chivalrous. Ugh, as much as I love Kris Lemche and his CBG persona, I just had this sinking feeling the entire time they danced. I was readying my heart for when they showed Adam's reaction, and yet it still broke. I hate to see him hurt [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I agree with the poster who said Amber and Kris have good chemistry though. Although, was it just me, or was Kris's hair all kinds of big tonight?

Noise control? Totally predictable. Liked Joan's reaction though. "Thank you!" Hehe.

That totally sucks about the Meth lab thing, and I was actually wondering if God was going to bring that up. I was afraid the writers were going to do this whole, "They're not allowed to have fun, otherwise there are really bad consequences," and I'm glad they didn't delve into that too much.

That scene on the front lawn? So precious. My heart broke again when he called her the dreaded Joan! Honestly, it just can't take many more beatings like this! I liked how Joan acknowledged how she liked being Jane; she said so shyly too! I swear my heart stopped when Adam was like, "Those days [days of Jane} are over" and the look on Amber's face clearly communicated how terrified Jane was of that idea. I loved the dialogue. It felt completely natural and realistic. OMG, "I haven't kissed many girls before. In fact, it might just be one girl." Okay, complete, flat out squeeing at this point. I love Adam. Have I mentioned that yet? I liked how they both acknowledged the kiss meant something. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The look on Adam's face when he questioned about CGB and Joan was like, "That's different," was just... ugh... My poor heart. I did like, "Hey, wanna dance?" As another poster said, the different styles of dancing between CGB and Adam was very obvious. *happy sigh* Adam and Jane dancing = Happy me. I loved how they just complete out and out hugged and squeezed each other. Too cute. The looks on both of their faces as they were holding each other told it all: pure happiness and contentment. Chris and Amber are wicked awesome.

So we don't really have closure on the relationship, but I'm definitely looking forward to the exploration of their friendship and tentative romance. Well, c'mon, even GOD wants them to get together! Two weeks of reruns? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Do we know which eps will be showing?

Holy freaking cow, I rambled on. Um, you are under no obligation to read through all that. I just wanted to get my thoughts out, otherwise I'd explode with Adam love. Tee hee. But seriously, sorry for that. I haven't felt this excited about a show since S2 Gilmore Girls.

Lisa Love your av.

Also, to the poster who said hearing Sam Roberts made their day... Same with me! The music on this show is great.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited CaptainBackfire ]
Old 01-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ColorMist:
<STRONG>If it's wrong then I'm wrong with you. I knew that CuteBoy!God was going to show up, but I wasn't prepared for it to happen right then...when he asked her to dance my heart fluttered.

AT and KL have a very natural chemistry -- it's something about the way he talks to her and looks at her (especially in today's dance).

As a side-note, as cute as Joan/Adam are, for some reason I'm not huge-huge on them as a romantic couple. -[-*colormist*-]-</STRONG>
I completely agree. AT and KH have amazing chemistry and the way CGG looks a her...wow. I think its only because Joan knows its God cause otherwise...and the rest of my drooling belongs in the Cute Guy God appreciation thread.

Adam and Joan/Jane are very cute together but I wouldn't die as I'm not such a huge J/A shipper.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainBackfire:
<STRONG>That scene on the front lawn? So precious. ... Chris and Amber are wicked awesome.

So we don't really have closure on the relationship, but I'm definitely looking forward to the exploration of their friendship and tentative romance. Well, c'mon, even GOD wants them to get together! Two weeks of reruns? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Do we know which eps will be showing?

</STRONG>

Ditto on pretty much everything you said, especially the above.

And the two episodes will be "Just Say No" (yard sale/mom's painting) and "Bringeth It On" (cheerleading...and Adam's mini cheerleader gift).
Old 01-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The dancing scene at the end was perfect.I felt bad for adam throughout the whole episode. Joan was treating him pretty badly. Cant go back to how things were after a kiss like that. Even though I really, really want adam and joan together, I dont mind waiting a while for it. On all my fav shows it seems like they get couples together then they rip them apart. And usually its bad and the relationship between the two is terrible. I want joan and adam to last, and maybe joan needs to go through a couple of broken hearts before she can truely find out who to be with.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayerfan714:
<STRONG>
Oh and yeah! CBG was baaaaack! Sweetwater Gal, I know you were happy with that!!! (wish I could have been dancing with Chris and Kris)</STRONG>
I'm psychic! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Either that or it just made sense that knowing ahead of time that BHall (whom I really truly believe now is a fan of CBG) was writing this episode, seeing that Kris L was returning, and knowing of future episodes... that a CBG/Joan scene would be witnessed by Adam!

Anyway... yes I am happy to see him, CBG... happy to see CBG in any form w/ or w/o Joan involved [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I love Adam! I know I have to get in line, but it's true... how could you not love Adam? When he went to go get Jane a drink and then lo and behold CBG showed up, I was screaming at the screen "No! Adam's going to see them! His heart is going to break again!"

I agree that CBG/Joan dance & Adam/Jane dance was different. I'm in love w/ Adam/Jane's dance. It was so sweet [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Seeing them laugh and smile and hug! W/ CBG/Joan's dance... okay, the shipper in me did gasp and could not stop smiling... but unlike the Adam/Jane kiss, I did not squeal in delight.

Kris Lemche is hot... And I also agree w/ another comment that Kris/Amber's chemistry is so natural. I too love the way that he looks at Amber. That's what keeps me as a UC shipper. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I know I'm going out of order but I'm still high on the ending of tonight's episode [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Adam's line about not having kissed many girls... that maybe he's kissed only one, the Adam/Jane shipper in me had my heart skipping at that and going "Awwww"

The Rebecca/Kevin thing was cute, but tonight it didn't interest me as much. Was all about the Joan storyline [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Grace was cool, as always [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] "What did you do to Rove?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Then the whole one minute he was "all about you, now he's in love with you". Grace's radar is certainly on the mark! Did I mention that Grace's cool? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

What else [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh yes, the Will/Helen storyline. When Will started that speech at the end about how he had seen his life in review, how he had seen Helen & the kids and had seen them moving on w/ their lives if he had died... I had like this mad flash of John Ritter. It's weird but I'm sure that speech must have affected Jason somehow.

Poor Helen, she just wanted some alone time w/ her husband... but she got it. Though it resulted in them being "grounded" after Will's fist fight in the "Quiet Room" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'll probably have more to discuss but right now I really want to rewatch the last 15 minutes of the episode [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Slight side note but does anyone know the name of the song CGG and Joan were dancing to?