Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Archie and Veronica were definitely shocked when Jughead comforted Betty. Archie just had to ask if they were dating. I don't know why he cared when he supposedly didn't want her. The fact of the matter is just he doesn't want them dating point blank period. He just wants all the girls falling under his spell, not anyone else's, typical.
I didn't necessarily view it as jealousy, even though I do think the show might go that route later, but to me, I kinda viewed it as friend jealousy. He was always the connecting point between them. They were both his best friends. So the fact that they are bonding without him is probably rubbing him the wrong way as it would with anyone. Imagine your two best friends suddenly becoming best friends (or more), that would suck.

Quote:
Speaking of dads, I’m glad we are getting less flattering perspectives on Archie’s dad through the eyes of Josie’s dad (last week) and Jughead’s dad. I like him as a parent, but it annoyed me that the show seemed to pretend he’s undisputably all around awesome in the first few eps.
I actually didn't find him likable at all in the beginning, there was something off about him for me. Im not really sure how we are supposed to feel about him.

I can see why things are being said about Cole's acting, I felt that exact way in the 2nd episode when we got more of him but I honestly thing thats just Cole's voice and like, mannerisms? So idk, its grown on me.

Marah I see where you are coming from, but I didnt hate that Archie asked, to me, it was more like, the implications were obvious that he was annoyed by it, even though he said he was just curious. I didnt like that the writers threw it in. But I dont fault Archie for it because I think he was TRYING to go about it the right way. I think its better that he asked Jughead, his best friend, and not Betty, the girl he rejected, about it ya know? Asking them together I feel might have been a bit awkward too?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I didn't necessarily view it as jealousy, even though I do think the show might go that route later, but to me, I kinda viewed it as friend jealousy. He was always the connecting point between them. They were both his best friends. So the fact that they are bonding without him is probably rubbing him the wrong way as it would with anyone. Imagine your two best friends suddenly becoming best friends (or more), that would suck.

I actually didn't find him likable at all in the beginning, there was something off about him for me. Im not really sure how we are supposed to feel about him.

I can see why things are being said about Cole's acting, I felt that exact way in the 2nd episode when we got more of him but I honestly thing thats just Cole's voice and like, mannerisms? So idk, its grown on me.

Marah I see where you are coming from, but I didnt hate that Archie asked, to me, it was more like, the implications were obvious that he was annoyed by it, even though he said he was just curious. I didnt like that the writers threw it in. But I dont fault Archie for it because I think he was TRYING to go about it the right way. I think its better that he asked Jughead, his best friend, and not Betty, the girl he rejected, about it ya know? Asking them together I feel might have been a bit awkward too?
Yes, he was annoyed by it which is what I meant. He definitely had a problem with it in the beginning before eventually getting over it. I can see it from your side when you bring up the fact that he did reject Betty. She definitely could have taken him prying the wrong way.

Now about Archie's character I'm kind of on the fence with him which is part of the reason why I got so frustrated when he asked Jugs about him and Betty lol. I like him the most with certain people, like Fred, Veronica, and Jughead, etc... From social media I get that he's disliked the most out of all the characters. Hopefully with more work the writers can get the fans of the show to fully be embrace his character.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think its just that Archie is a bit boring right now. I'm not sure why, I thought it was the grundy thing but now even with her gone he isn't that exciting. Maybe I just don't are about the music plot for him? If he had a deeper storyline, like Veronica or Jughead have, then maybe i could be more invested. I would like to learn more about his mother, did she die or leave? I would love to see some angst from him in regards to that and I think family storylines always make a character more interesting.

i dont think its fair to hate Archie now in regards to Betty because what we know so far is this:

1. They were good/best friends.
2. She had feelings for him and told him.
3. He didn't have feelings for her.

So, you cant fault him for being honest and telling her that.

Now, what comes AFTER this is what is causing the issue because if he's only now starting to develop feelings AFTER she found someone else, then yes, i have a major problem with that. Mix that in with his new relationship with Valerie and his flirtation with Veronica, it just makes him look pretty bad. But it's gonna be how Archie handles himself going forward thats going to determine how I feel about him.

right now i am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe he's only feeling weird about bughead because hes jealous in terms of them forming a bond, not that he has romantic feelings for betty.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Elite Fan

I'm so old in that the most enjoying thing about the show for me right now is Jugheads and his dad as well as the Cooper dysfunction. I'm not in it for the ships at all which is a first for me

Archie is growing on me. I'm glad Grundys gone as that was definetly the biggest thing dragging him away from the main cast. I like that they're integrating him more now and I really liked the scenes with him, his dad and Jughead/his dad.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would like to learn more about his mother, did she die or leave?
I believe in the pilot Fred said she left two? years ago.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:13 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
sounds awesome, cant wait for more jughead.

I wonder if archie/jughead will have tension because of it. it looks like in the promo maybe jughead is staying there?
I was unexpectedly offline over the weekend, but can finally discuss this episode. What makes Jughead interesting too you? Character names on TV shows fascinate me. I actually thought at first that ''Jellybean'' was Jughead's brother, but apparently it's his sister. I didn't know that. In the issues I've been reading in The Best of Archie book, she's not been in em yet. I will say that ''Jughead'' & ''Jellybean are rare names & I couldn't imagine shouting ''Jellybean!'' trying to get someone's attention. I guess it's better than being called ''Jumper'' or ''Jumper Cables perhaps''. You might wonder why someone would want to be called that well why would they want to be called ''Jellybean''? I joke. Everyone has their preference I guess. It doesn't seem like a serious name though if I was perhaps having a conversation with this person.

On a more serious note, I'm surprised that Jughead's dad is not in rehab after seeing him on this episode. It seemed like Jughead was worried about his dad's drinking, but he drank anyway. Of course he also didn't tell the whole story about what happened between Achie's dad & him to Jughead. Sad situation.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Super unpopular but so far, something is just not working for me with Judhead lol. Everyone else I'm good with. I think I'm having issues with CS line delivery and mannerisms, they aren't hitting the right notes for me and since the last episode focused so much on him it really stood out.

I also thought the story was a little after school special-ish and OTT. Some of the dialogue just made me cringe. But I also don't think I'm the age demographic the network is aiming for

I do enjoy all the different friendships!
quietshyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I was unexpectedly offline over the weekend, but can finally discuss this episode. What makes Jughead interesting too you? Character names on TV shows fascinate me. I actually thought at first that ''Jellybean'' was Jughead's brother, but apparently it's his sister. I didn't know that. In the issues I've been reading in The Best of Archie book, she's not been in em yet. I will say that ''Jughead'' & ''Jellybean are rare names & I couldn't imagine shouting ''Jellybean!'' trying to get someone's attention. I guess it's better than being called ''Jumper'' or ''Jumper Cables perhaps''. You might wonder why someone would want to be called that well why would they want to be called ''Jellybean''? I joke. Everyone has their preference I guess. It doesn't seem like a serious name though if I was perhaps having a conversation with this person.

On a more serious note, I'm surprised that Jughead's dad is not in rehab after seeing him on this episode. It seemed like Jughead was worried about his dad's drinking, but he drank anyway. Of course he also didn't tell the whole story about what happened between Achie's dad & him to Jughead. Sad situation.
Jellybean premiered in the 1990 comic issues of Jughead. There is a collection series with her and she appears in other Jughead comics including 2 special ones and one two parter where her real name is revealed. She is named after Jughead and because Jughead always hated his name, he gave her a nickname as well. He gave it to her before his parents revealed her name to him. She was born during a traffic holdup due to a jackknifed jellybean truck that luckily Mrs. Jones' doctor was also in and he delivered the baby during the traffic jam. I hope you don't mind me telling you that. If you look online you can probably find those issues. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but if anyone wants to know, let me know and I'll list them.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Darn I had a whole thing typed up and accidentally deleted it... Oops.

Anyways, this was a decent episode, not one of my favorites but good. I don't really care for the beef between the Blossoms and the Coopers, and Polly is one of my least favorite characters. I also still cant figure out Cheryl. Why is she blaming everything on Polly? She's so hot and cold and its irritating.

This time around I have more sympathy towards FP is there really was bad blood there, but he did seem off the rails a bit. I did love his line about snakes not biting if they don't get stepped on. I did enjoy his scenes because Skeet is great, but I was glad that Jughead decided to live with Archie. The Jughead/Archie scenes were great this episode and I loved how supportive Archie was. Archie confronting Jughead about Betty was a bit weird, but I think its good that they acknowledged that he noticed it? He did seem a tiny bit jealous but nothing major.

Jughead and Betty were really sweet this episode. I loved the little touch in front of people and the hand hold and when he walked her home. Also the kiss. Jughead was totally gonna say "for people who are dating".

Veronica was great this episode, as always. Loved her scenes with Kevin. The scenes at the club were okay but not my favorite. I am a bit confused though as to why Reggie would hang out with him? Maybe he and Cheryl are somewhat close but I cant imagine he'd be friends with Kevin? And he's always been such a jerk. Just felt a little weird to me. That whole group of people seemed a bit strange but it was still fun to watch. I'm glad Veronica didn't hold a grudge against her mom.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah the Reggie thing was weird. I hope next season he is a bigger part of the story.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Best of 2017: How Riverdale went old-school for that 1950s dream sequence | EW.com
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread