Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i dont like cheryl. lol...
Awww.

Enjoy the episode.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Hands down, favorite episode so far. Ugh, my heart just broke for Jughead and him being accused of something because he was dealt a bad hand.

Side note, I get whip lash with Cheryl. Like she's awful, but she gets a scene where she's decent. Then next episode...she's back to being awful.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

haha i feel the same way about Cheryl

i loved this episode too. loved the bughead scenes so much

i felt bad for juggy and his dad.

so FP has jason's jacket? why would be burn the car?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm thinking there's a connection with the drugs in the car and the serpents. I doubt FP killed him though.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah he doesnt seem like a killer.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode!

I liked everything about it. I loved Cheryl coming through and telling Polly her parents are up to no amd Veronica and mom helping Polly.

Betty and Jughead and Arche and Jughead good scenes.

Fred and FP and the kids had good scenes.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Like she's awful, but she gets a scene where she's decent. Then next episode...she's back to being awful.
exactly, which is why I cant connect with her at all. She is way to wishy washy as a character, i dont really get what the show is doing with her...

Episode was good, I loved the focus on Jughead. I wouldn't say it was my favorite though as it was hard to watch in parts because I found Jugheads father so unbearable. Like, drinking all the time, literally saying the most cringey things. UGH I would not wanna be living with him either.

Jugheads dream was so weird. But cool as it related to the comics. ARCHIE AND JUGHEAD OWN MY HEART! I love that Archie saw Jughead at the school and was clearly concerned for him. “Screw that, live with me.” (MY HEART)... Then Archie called him Juggie. <3. I also love that Archie was “cool” with things between Betty and Jughead. I dont want dram there. Archie constantly trying to help him through the episode... ugh, my boys were so cute! I love that in the end he decided to stay with Archie. I hope that means more scenes. I also was very happy we got to learn more about his family. His sister JB is 10 and living with his mom then? And shes till talks to Jughead so thats good, but still, sad that she abandoned her son.

Veronica continues to be amazing, I love all her storylines and interactions. She's just flawless to me. Wish we had more archie/ronnie but I dont love what Archie said about Veronica being a snob about Jughead. I just dont feel like she would? But that just means he doesnt know her well enough yet. I mean she was so supportive of Betty and Cheryl. (“If he helps my girl then Veronica Lodge approves.”... B/V ARE SO CUTE.) And still supportive of her mother. Im glad that her and Hermione seemed to make amends because that storyline was starting to get old. But if they are so worried about her father reacting to her working with Fred ummm how do they think hes gonna react to her sleeping with Fred? I mean, wtf are they thinking, they are just gonna keep it a secret? I dont get it.

Veronica/Betty were great, as were Kevin/Veronica. So happy they got a cute scene. I also loved this line.

“Honesty guys we should just move.”

FOR REAL GIRL.

The whole Betty and Polly storyline is just boring to me. I just could care less about it. I dont want a baby on the show, especially one related to both Betty and Cheryl, no thank you. And Polly as a character really does nothing for me? Betty/Jughead on the other hand were amazing. I love that they are still navigating their relationship. I love their subtle little moments and the reactions to them as a pairing. I loved the little kiss outside, the hand hold, the little neck grab, just GAH they are so sweet.

It wasnt my absolute favorite episode and I dont think it was that strong going into a three week hiatus but I think Ill be able to survive. Next week I have my dance team state so Ill be busy anyways, the following week will be rough, but ill be leaving for the beach so ill be busy with packing, and then the next week is my spring break so i can manage.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-14-2017 at 11:26 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Jughead's dream was a little freaky. I had already guessed that he would stay in the school. Archie found about his living dilemma.

Note to Archie, Betty would care and Veronica would more than likely say something about Jughead living out of the school lol. He knows my girl so well.

Veronica was buying stuff to get back at her mother and she's still not happy about Hermione and Fred dating.

Archie and Veronica were definitely shocked when Jughead comforted Betty. Archie just had to ask if they were dating. I don't know why he cared when he supposedly didn't want her. The fact of the matter is just he doesn't want them dating point blank period. He just wants all the girls falling under his spell, not anyone else's, typical.

And why would the group think it's okay to talk open in the student lounge where they would be overheard? That wasn't smart. Of course one of Cheryl's minions overheard them.

I sure didn't miss Cheryl in last weeks episode. This episode just established that even more. She's back to being catty and off on what's really going on.

Loved seeing more of Jughead and his father interacting. Now we know where his mother and sister are and why his mother left his dad.

The Coopers and Blossoms meeting at the search party was intense and I loved it. Still not a fan of Alice Cooper but I loved her counterattack against the Blossoms

We finally got to see the scene with Archie's dad and Jughead's dad. Hermione coming in was awkward. Fred doesn't know about their dealings or rather her husband's dealings with him. Husband dearest is still running things from jail. He took care of the Serpents after their trick with the snake. Jughead's dad warning to Hermione was spot, especially with the snake reference.

So Fred doesn't even know he's hired a Serpent. I can't wait to see his reaction.

Veronica, Josie, and Cheryl have the best fashion style on the show. I want more interaction between these three together.

I knew the Blossoms would change their tune once they found out about their grandchild. Hal and Alice are the problem. Heck, all four parents are the problem. Not surprised that the Blossoms are trying to take the baby from Polly. Those people are straight up snakes. They can't be trusted. At least Cheryl did the right thing by warning the group about her parents.

Loved, loved the club scenes with Veronica, Josie and Kevin, and dumb Reggie. The guy is dumber than everything put together lol. Liked how Veronica opened up to them about her family's downfall. I especially liked her mother's statement in response to them losing all the material things. Josie and Reggie's comeback at the club owner was too funny for words.

More scenes with Archie's dad and Jughead's dad with their sons is always okay in my book. From their history we learned that Fred used to have a band and that Mr. Jones, because I can't remember his first name used to play football.

Wait minute, Andrews construction was once a partnership between Fred and Mr. Jones aka Pete, I didn't see that coming at all. No wonder there's still tension between them. There's bad blood. I don't think discussing their fathers is a good thing for Archie and Jug, they can't see eye to eye.

The sheriff is barking up the wrong tree with him going after Jughead like that. I don't agree with his methods. I didn't like him dissing Jugs upbringing and family life. He couldn't help that, but looking into his school records was just dead wrong and offensive. The principal need to be fired. Jugs a minor. He wasn't supposed to be questioned without a parent present.

That ending was insane. So Pete Jones set the car on fire and the evidence part of it anyway is hanging up in his closet. Jason's football jacket.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah

Last edited by Rickylious; 03-10-2017 at 05:13 AM
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unpopular opinion. I love Alice Cooper, or rather I love to hate Alice Cooper. I loved her on the spot press conference, beating the Blossoms to the punch. I think she delivers some of the best lines of the parents. I loved the bickering between Mrs Blossom and Cooper. Their banter is some of the best on the show. I loved that Cheryl has these layers, moments where she wants to do the right thing. Her tweeting was hilarious.

Fred and FP scenes where a bit sad. Watching FP struggle with his sobriety and Fred trying to help was nice. I do like Archie reaching out to Jug and offering him a place to stay. Those future scenes should be good.

Veronica taking her mom on was great to see, even if it was a bit childish. She almost back slid back to the spoiled kid thing. I would rather had her just tell her father and that be that. Although we did get a night club scene out of it. But I think her speech to Reggie about nobody could take her name is why she is one of my favourite characters. I love how she fights back.

Betty and Jughead where great. I like all of their moments and I really like that they have nothing to do with Archie. The writers seem to have a good pace going with them.

Why was Jason's jacket in Jone's closet? My best guess he thinks his son did it and is hiding it to protect him.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this episode, it was really nice to see two female friends being nice and supportive of each other. And two male friends, who did not start to argue because of a woman.

Cheryl is hard to pinpoint. As someone else said, you get a whiplash for all the times she's changed her position. Pick a side lady! But I hope with Jason's baby, she has decided to be nice from now on!

Poor Jughead He really had his hopes up for him to see his mother and baby sister again. And it came all crashing down at the end. I really like he still have some hope, that it could happen.

And did the end of the episode could mean a lot of things.. so many questions...
Sirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I dont love what Archie said about Veronica being a snob about Jughead. I just dont feel like she would? But that just means he doesnt know her well enough yet.
Same here. She is rich, but she has not acted snobby at all so far. It must be just because he hasn’t really spent much time with her yet that he thinks that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
And why would the group think it's okay to talk open in the student lounge where they would be overheard? That wasn't smart. Of course one of Cheryl's minions overheard them.
MTE. They were sitting in a big circle and talking loudly about something they wanted to keep a secret.

Overall, I liked this ep. Riverdale might just shape up to be entertaining trash.

The good:

All things Jughead. Poor thing. OTT poor alcoholic gang member father. Bullying. And a murder accusation. Sure sucks being a pretentious outsider on an American gothic teen soap.

I know I already said Jughead, but extra appreciation for the creepiness of the “perfect” American family from the ‘50s in his nightmare. But, this is mainstream tv, so I don’t think Jughead will ever be fully allowed to truly hate the American dream and/or “perfect” little families. He’s is probably semi-attracted to it all or something.

Continuing to love Jughead’s pretentiousness. Of course he’d be the type to carry Kafka around and adore Pink Floyd.

Jughead’s dad is a mess and a bit OTT. But Scream was my one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. And I liked Jericho. So, largely due to my fondness for the actor, I’m giving the character a chance.

Speaking of dads, I’m glad we are getting less flattering perspectives on Archie’s dad through the eyes of Josie’s dad (last week) and Jughead’s dad. I like him as a parent, but it annoyed me that the show seemed to pretend he’s undisputably all around awesome in the first few eps.

Camila and Lili. On paper, I’m not even sure I’d particularly care for either of their characters. But they have so far exhibited some of the least offensive acting I’ve seen in these types of shows.

Loads of character interactions. I really hope they keep this up. I’d love to see everybody interacting with everybody in duos and groups.

Cheryl’s style is still the best. She is nice to look at, especially when she sitting in her room.

Beronica and Bughead are still cute.

Riverdale is so pretty when it’s dark and raining.

The bad:

Love Jughead but, tbh, I’m still a bit meh about Cole’s acting. He’s ok most of the time, but his acting in that scene with Skeet towards the end made me cringe a bit. It was supposed to be an emotionally intense moment but for me it wasn’t at all.

Similar story with Cheryl. Madelaine reminds me of Sophia Bush with her lack of subtlety and range. She sometimes makes Cheryl come off way more forced and artificial than she’s supposed to be. Luckily Cheryl, unlike Brooke Davis, is a fun character nevertheless.

“We can barely afford this apartment” or whatever exactly Veronica’s mom said. Lady, have you seen your apartment? Who writes this nonsense?

“They even took clothes off our backs!” Yet here you are in your big, luxurious apartment, spending excessive amounts of money to prove a point to your mom. Seriously, who writes this stuff? Bless Camila for continuously salvaging atrocious material like this.

The dialogue in general is so, so painfully bad at times. But, as cliche as that The Catcher in the Rye reference was, I might even finally get round to reading it out of sympathy for Jughead, lol.

If Polly is sticking around, I'm gonna need more to her than her sadness over not being a wife and a mother she wanted to be. I like the "don't stigmatize teenage girls for being pregnant" thing, but this plot is still bleh. Also, abortion would have been an option for Polly too, but 1) tv rarely goes there and 2) they need the pregnancy for this boring and annoying plot. I'm still hoping there is some interesting twist to it all.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
“We can barely afford this apartment” or whatever exactly Veronica’s mom said. Lady, have you seen your apartment? Who writes this nonsense?

“They even took clothes off our backs!” Yet here you are in your big, luxurious apartment, spending excessive amounts of money to prove a point to your mom. Seriously, who writes this stuff? Bless Camila for continuously salvaging atrocious material like this.

I am with you on this. Camilla really does a great job navigating this. I guess they are living in the one property they own.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
Archie just had to ask if they were dating. I don't know why he cared when he supposedly didn't want her. The fact of the matter is just he doesn't want them dating point blank period. He just wants all the girls falling under his spell, not anyone else's, typical.
I don't understand why it's bad that he asked if they were dating. If you notice something between two of you friends, especially two of your best friends, wouldn't you ask if they were together? He was also quick to say the he wasn't protesting it, just curious.

IDK, I thought Archie was a good friend in this ep.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
I don't understand why it's bad that he asked if they were dating. If you notice something between two of you friends, especially two of your best friends, wouldn't you ask if they were together? He was also quick to say the he wasn't protesting it, just curious.

IDK, I thought Archie was a good friend in this ep.

No, he was being noisy as simple as that. Their body language made it obvious that there was something going on between them so he really didn't have to ask. He could have just waited until they told him on their own time. And if he was being curious like he said then he would have asked in front of the entire group when he noticed it instead waiting to get Jug alone. Why couldn't he have asked the both of them together? That's all I'm saying.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I disagree though. I don't think that their body language automatically meant something definitely was going on, that there was nothing to ask about. And what you see as nosy I see as a friend wanting to know if two of his closest friends were together without being judgemental or whatever. And I think Veronica asked Betty too, didn't she?
Anyway, to each their own.

Last edited by Kyls; 03-11-2017 at 08:45 PM
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread