Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watching it now.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

The little smile of Betty and Jughead was so cute! I love when he tried to stop Betty from talking to Archie. I was hoping for more interaction in the episode but I can be patient.

I’m starting to dislike Betty/Archie more and more each episode. When she got all jealous when he walked in on Grundy that really annoyed me. I don’t like how she’s mothering him. Then not letting it go and digging into Grundy's history? Betty can just be a bit too much for my taste.

I loved when Veronica went to stand up for her mom and Hermione slammed Cheryl and then Veronica smiled. Such a cute moment.

JUGHEAD AND VERONICA INTERACTION WAS SO HILARIOUS.
“You’re you and I’m me.”

“Yes you do you girl.”

I wanted more Veronica/Archie too , their little interaction outside was great.

“Ronnie, a little help here?”

“Archiekins… You’re in it deep this time.”

The nicknames are adorable!

Loved the small jughead/archie and betty/veronica interactions. Glad the show is keeping those interactions consistent.

The grundy thing is ridiculous!!! Archie come on. He is so sweet he can do so much better than that pedophile. For once I actually liked Alice! lol. But this woman is ridiculous. I was glad that Grundy decided to leave. I bet her story was a total lie and there is still something very fishy about her.

Veronica remains to be the best character on the show!!!! I love her humor and how light she is as a character.

“What was it like before she got here?” “I honestly cannot remember.”

Cheryl still annoys me and I find her pretty useless.

Once again, the lack of Josie and Moose pisses me off! More so Josie. Of course the POC gets neglected....

No kevin/moose. But Kevin is hot! I still enjoyed his storyline.

All the parent/kid moments were great. Jughead throwing the spray can at the end was hot. Jugheads dad is HOTTTTT. But he's part of the gang??? (unless that was a different guy lol).
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Once again, the lack of Josie and Moose pisses me off! More so Josie. Of course the POC gets neglected....
ITA. So far it really looks like they're just there from time to time to make the show seem more racially diverse.

Jughead! Highlight of this ep for me.

Archie: Asks a simple question. Jughead: Gives him a mini speech about himself before answering.

“Maybe Rebel without a Cause?” Good one Betty. Jughead liked it too, judging by that adorable smile. The only thing I love more than a self-righteous, pretentious character is a somewhat self-aware self-righteous, pretentious character, who can take jokes at their own expense.

The final scene with Jughead and Jake from Jericho (used to like that show so am happy to see the actor) a.k.a his dad made me sad. But also curious. Did he choose to leave himself or was he kicked out of his house? His dad seemed concerned about him so Idk. Is he a bad parent? Does Jughead just disapprove of him because he’s in a gang?

Keven has his own little forbidden, wrong side of the tracks romance. Cute and kinda refereshing. Curious about this sl too.

Cheryl’s style is awesome. Also love how she just casually joined Kevin and Veronica like she doesn’t insult them most of the time she sees them. And she even randomly started talking about Jason.

Beronica continues to be awesome.

Dislikes:

No Josie and the Pussycats.

I love Cheryl, but isn’t she bored with all the scheming and gossiping? Girl, go do something more interesting with your time. Start a gothic metal band. You’ve certainly got the look down. Better yet, go hang out with Josie.

I guess we’ll have to meet Veronica’s dad at some point. He can stay away for all I care. He sounds like a cliché capitalist pig (no offense to pigs) and the kind of character we’ve seen gazillion times on gazillion shows/movies. (Laurel’s father on htgawm comes to mind as a recent example.)

Why would you take a gun with your bare hands? Especially if you think its owner is implicated in a crime.

Jughead needs more obscure references and more unconventional views to be more believable. But it's CW, so I'll take him as he is.

As usual, some of the dialogue was terrible. I literally cringed at some things coming out of Cheryl’s and Veronica’s mouths.

This ep on the whole was a bit boring imo. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. This show is NOT diverse. Josie is black and Veronica is Latina but its not like they even act like Veronica is???

And so far we've gotten a bit more insight on Kevin... a bit more insight on Jughead... more insight on Grundy... When will it be Josie's turn?

Quote:
But also curious. Did he choose to leave himself or was he kicked out of his house? His dad seemed concerned about him so Idk. Is he a bad parent? Does Jughead just disapprove of him because he’s in a gang?
Yeah that was weird and I hope they explain things later. It seems that maybe Jughead doesnt want to have anything to do with his father and the gang life?

The whole Kevin/joaquin (whatever his name was) romance was so out of nowhere to me though? So it was hard for me to appreciate it.

Its been said that cheryl/josie are friends so i would like to see some interactions there. Cherly has nothing to do in this series but make fun of people. She's such a cliche character to me.

The promo made the episode look amazing and so much more complex then what actually happened. Like, they made a big deal about there being an older miss grundy but then it was just like a nothing comment in the episode.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-12-2017 at 01:43 AM
Old 02-17-2017, 03:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Veronica’s mom did speak Spanish at some point, I think. But nothing other than that. Tbh, I also can’t tell if they are white Latinas or not. Either way, that wasp part of of Betty’s line from 1.02, for example, would have worked so much better if Veronica (or Joise) said it to someone (of course, she didn’t mean it that way, but with a non-waspy character saying it it would gotten that connotation). They could acknowledge her backgound with small scenes like that. And it’s so annoying we still didn’t see Josie interacting with her family, her home, etc. She is supposed to be one of the main characters.

Could be about Jughead. His dad didn’t seem hostile to him in that scene but the other way round.

Kevin/Joaquin (I didn’t even catch his name) is definitely out of the blue. I’m not super invested in them either. But it might be a start of something interesting imo. Unless they make him evil or something. I’m 100% unfamiliar with the comics, so I have no idea what these South/Serpent folks are supposed to be. All I got from this ep was a poor neighborhood portrayed unsympathetically with the focus on the gang but I hope I completely misinterpreted that.

I’d love to see more Cheryl/Josie. I enjoy her personally, but Cheryl definitely is a stereotype. Intentionally so but that doesn’t make it any better. They have to delve a little bit into her character.

Promo was misleading to an extent. They seem to love to make them more dramatic than then actual eps.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

HOLY CRAP!! Loved the episode! So many revalations!!

First of all... BYE BYE GRUNDY!!! I actually felt sorry for her at one point and then at the end she was at it again, so glad that's over cause Archie was starting to bug me in that episode.

Okay so I LOVE BETTY SO MUCH! Betty was perfect omg so perfect, I like how she acknowledged she's a little crazy too.

I'm actually glad Cheryl reverted back to being a bitch, it's only 1x04, she isn't supposed to break from that stereotype just yet, it's way too early.

And Jughead omg, finding out his father was a south serpent and why he wanted to save the drive in, it's made me really warm to him in a way I couldn't before.

The final scene between Betty and Alice made me see something in Alice, there's a human side in there somewhere, I could warm to her, she's interesting.

LASTLY, Veronica Lodge is everything.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

The episode was good last night.

Betty was on a mission to find out who Ms.Grundy truly was. Veronica was by her side as always. I just love when these two put their head together. I loved how they both confronted Archie twice.

Kevin has a new love interest, good for him. The gang member was pretty darn cute. I love his scenes with Veronica as well, they have the greatest duo dynamic.

Cheryl was being extra like always, but I still like her character.* I really do believe that she wants to be friends with Veronica.

A lot of Jughead on this episode and I was here for it. I loved the fact that he was so passionate about saving Twlight Drive-in, his place of employment. We kind of found out that he dad used to work for Fred Andrews before getting fired for taking materials off the job. Omg, we finally got to see who Jughead dad was, didn't see that one coming.

Archie was being pretty stupid once more about Ms. Grundy. I'm having a hard time believing her sob story about an abusive husband. I don't like Alice, but I'm glad she exposed their relationship. Betty really is a good friend. Loved all the Andrews moments, especially Fred saying that it wasn't Archie's fault.

Veronica was on fire in this episode with her one liners and being a force to be reckoned with. She loyal and sticks up for the people she cares about. I didn't like that she found out her mother was keeping secrets from her. She lied to her for the first time, but I'm glad she came clean once Veronica confronted her about it. Her father is one power player. I can't wait to meet him.

So now we know that Hermione brought out the property that the Twlight Drive-In is residing on. I'm guessing she used the money from her husband to pay for it, to pay off the gang member, and to help keep the mayor in office since the two of them have a deal. These parents are so interesting and I love it.

And someone angry broke into the Sheriff's house and ransacked the place.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:17 PM
I am a basketball genius!

This was a good episode. I understand wanting to know who someone else, though in theory everyone has secrets & some things don't need to be known by everyone. In Riverdale it seems like everything has to be everyone else' business. It kinda reminds me of ''Desperate Housewives.'' Hard for me to imagine acting like that & it never coming back around to haunt me later. I thought Cheryl was mean. Betty's mom takes it to another level apparently.

I do want to start though with breaking into another person's vehicle, which as far as I know is a crime. Why didn't Grundy apparently have a car alarm anyway? I live in a suburb & crime rarely happens here, but most people on my cul-de-sac have car alarms. Surprised Grundy didn't. Which it was interesting seeing the looks on Betty & Veronica's faces after finding something that they illegally came across. Also jeez, Betty's mom acts bitchy. Ugh. I couldn't be around her if I was Betty. Surprised Betty hasn't ran away from home. I felt bad for Grundy, but she made her bed as the saying goes.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Rob Raco Talks His Debut as 'Riverdale's Joaquin | TVSource Magazine

so glad grundy is gone!!

and omg skeet ulrich is jugheads dad !!!!! and what a bad boy he ended up being. wow.

i cant believe he has been living inside the theatre this whole time. and now that its being torn down he is going to be homeless. poor jughead.

i hate alice cooper.

fred didnt seem at all surprised that his son was hooking up with the music teacher and was so relaxed about the whole situation.

looks like kevin likes bad boys. wonder how he will keep this relationship a secret. will he tell b&v?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

skeet actually looks better now. I thought he was busted looking in scream.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

i just watched him in the craft the other day
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cheryl doesnt have to stop being a bitch but they need to give her more depth. I think her more interesting points on the show are when they talk about Jason but we need more info there.

i hoping the joaquin thing has more development but also that moose is still involved there.

and skeet looks goooddd. I didnt recognize him at first but i see it now.

I agree that Fred was way too calm abut Grundy, I expected more of a reaction from him.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:52 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
Rob Raco Talks His Debut as 'Riverdale's Joaquin | TVSource Magazine

so glad grundy is gone!!

and omg skeet ulrich is jugheads dad !!!!! and what a bad boy he ended up being. wow.

i cant believe he has been living inside the theatre this whole time. and now that its being torn down he is going to be homeless. poor jughead.

i hate alice cooper.

fred didnt seem at all surprised that his son was hooking up with the music teacher and was so relaxed about the whole situation.

looks like kevin likes bad boys. wonder how he will keep this relationship a secret. will he tell b&v?
That's too bad you feel that way about Grundy because it has only been 4 episodes & I think that there was more to her character that could have been explored. But I guess for Archie he'll have more time to focus on football among other things & this is so much more brooding & darker than the comics that I wouldn't be surprised if another character with perhaps more secrets shows up on it. Tough to say why Fred reacted the way he did, except that it was a strange way to find out about something like that & people react differently to all sorts of news.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the show now. Episodes 2 & 3 sucked me in.

This episode was good. I love Veronica & Jughead theu are my favs.I like Betty to she grew on me episode 3.

Dark Betty!

Omg Alice is horrible & super bitchy. Fred was way to calm about Ms. Grundy & Archie hooking up.

I love Veronica & Hermione. I'm glad she told Veronica the truth.

Cheryl is Cheryl she is bitchy but I do kind of like her.I love her hair!

Skeet looks good and omg poor Jughead is homeless.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fred almost seemed impressed .
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread