Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I agree Emily.I think Fred was impressed in a way too.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was kind of disappointed that he wasn't more upset with Grundy.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Fred should have been more mad too.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That was shocking to me, Fred being so passive. I would have expected anger from the father of a son who was with a predator. I was also quite surprised he didn't get angry with Archie like... "What were you thinking?" or anything whatsoever. I know in the legal sense Archie is the victim but doesn't he have a brain? Even Jughead was spelling things out for him. I know he was manipulated by the predator but I still don't understand how he didn't see things a bit more clearly, especially while Betty and Veronica were uncovering really surprising things. He also immediately believed the predator when she told the abuse story. Wasn't he mad she lied to him and had a different name? This storyline really made Archie look pretty bad.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:41 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't think he wanted to cause anymore of a scene. It is notable that in the comics Grundy is actually much older. I'd guess around 4 times Archie's age & from what I've seen only has 1 tooth. When she talks & it shows her mouth open the rest of the space is colored black. She also seemed grouchy. That would be perhaps bold at this time if they brought Grundy back at some point, but had someone new play the role that is perhaps at about the retirement age of most people. Probably wouldn't happen though.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

I don't think he was at all impressed. There were a couple parts that made me think so.

I think Archie’s dad 125% wanted to report Jenngrundy to the police. He actually seemed on board with it, and was super anti-Grundy

“You don’t have to defend me.”
“No, he doesn’t”

Then was trying to say it was complicated, when Archie wanted to know why it had to be reported to the police, probably hard to explain to him his teacher is a pedo who was taking advantage of him. It wasn’t until Alice’s true motive came out to take this story report Grundy but twist it to also put Archie at fault, and turn him into a bad guy. When he was the victim, even if Archie doesn’t realize this yet. After he realized Alice’s motive he backed down because he didn’t want this to hurt his son. He really didn’t give a rats ass about Grundy. So long as she’s leaving and not manipulating him anymore.

I also did love that scene by the truck. I think it’s so important to let victims of assault/statutory rape know that it’s not their fault. No matter how much they think they wanted it or wanted it at the time, the adult/person in a position of power should know better and know a 15 year old is not experienced or understanding enough to have a relationship with someone who is.

And like I like that Archie’s dad wasn’t some typical dude who was like “She’s hot, Good for you, You wanted it too. You’re a teenage boy.” Because I feel like so many people treat the situations like that when it comes out in news and media, and it’s so gross. I mean I didn’t expect him to be one of those dads, but I’m glad to see he’s not.

But yeah I do wish they would have gone to the police, but I get why Fred didn’t at the end because Alice is a monster, and wanted to spin this around and make his son the victim a bad guy.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kevin’s humor is the greatest. He’s a great character. I loved when he asked what it was like before Veronica got there lol. I also liked seeing his interaction with his father. I want to learn more about him.

It was funny watching Veronica and Jughead argue a bit. They are so dan and blair. “That’s why you’re you and I’m me.”

I liked seeing Veronica get a little jealous of Archie and Grundy and when she was like “Okay, I get it” when he was going on about why he liked her.

the J/A scene was great. I loved when Jughead said “Betty wouldn’t do it… probably.” It’s cute that Archie can confide in him.

The small bughead scene was sweet.

Not sure why Cheryl was being so rude to Veronica and her mom. Especially after Veronica hugged her over Jason’s death. But I guess Cheryl was threatened by Veronica’s status in the school, but its just annoying watching the back and forth.

Grundy is just gross. Watching her scenes with Archie just skeev me out. IDK, something about her character I find so annoying.

I don’t blame Betty for wanting to get to the bottom of things but she was a bit irritating with her obsession.

Alice is still hilarious to me, although definitely overbearing. However, I loved when she confronted Grundy.

I loved the drive in scenes. So classic and fun. I loved seeing Kevin and Veronica hang out but WHY THE F would they let Cheryl join them? So weird.

The Kevin/Joaquin scenes were so fun. I enjoyed watching that storyline develop but I still wish that we got a bit more of Moose besides that one glance.

I’m glad the Grundy storyline is finally over. (Though she HAS to come back at some time in the future right? Because otherwise it felt weird, especially her last scene) And that ending with Fred and Archie was great. I think that it explains why Archie might have wanted to seek comfort in an older women, since he doesnt have his father in his life.

The ending scene was great. Poor Juggie not having a place to live anymore. I loved FP showing up at the end. He looked really hot in that scene.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kevin’s humor is the greatest. He’s a great character. I loved when he asked what it was like before Veronica got there lol. I also liked seeing his interaction with his father. I want to learn more about him.

It was funny watching Veronica and Jughead argue a bit. They are so dan and blair. “That’s why you’re you and I’m me.”

I liked seeing Veronica get a little jealous of Archie and Grundy and when she was like “Okay, I get it” when he was going on about why he liked her.

the J/A scene was great. I loved when Jughead said “Betty wouldn’t do it… probably.” It’s cute that Archie can confide in him.

The small bughead scene was sweet.

Not sure why Cheryl was being so rude to Veronica and her mom. Especially after Veronica hugged her over Jason’s death. But I guess Cheryl was threatened by Veronica’s status in the school, but its just annoying watching the back and forth.

Grundy is just gross. Watching her scenes with Archie just skeev me out. IDK, something about her character I find so annoying.

I don’t blame Betty for wanting to get to the bottom of things but she was a bit irritating with her obsession.

Alice is still hilarious to me, although definitely overbearing. However, I loved when she confronted Grundy.

I loved the drive in scenes. So classic and fun. I loved seeing Kevin and Veronica hang out but WHY THE F would they let Cheryl join them? So weird.

The Kevin/Joaquin scenes were so fun. I enjoyed watching that storyline develop but I still wish that we got a bit more of Moose besides that one glance.

I’m glad the Grundy storyline is finally over. (Though she HAS to come back at some time in the future right? Because otherwise it felt weird, especially her last scene) And that ending with Fred and Archie was great. I think that it explains why Archie might have wanted to seek comfort in an older women, since he doesnt have his mother in his life.

The ending scene was great. Poor Juggie not having a place to live anymore. I loved FP showing up at the end. He looked really hot in that scene.

new ranking:
102, 101, 104, 103

Last edited by Alexa; 08-12-2017 at 02:44 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I was confused why Cheryl lashed out at V again. I thought that was over . I was super happy the parents confronted Grundy. I wish they had of called the cops on her.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread