Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2004, 06:04 AM
New Fan

you all should try and check that film out actually.....if just to see where tru calling got many of its ideas from....its a good film too
Old 05-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, new episode tonight - it sounds interesting - something about 5 corpses talking to her!

looking forward to watching the ep!!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've seen RUN LOLA RUN!!!! It's weird, weird but good. It's german [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
UKFAN~IBF#15~INSANEGOTRFAN#1~MILKDRINKERS#5
Old 05-10-2004, 06:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hiya guys

There was a good article/interview in the mirror yesterday with eliza. She mentions the faith spin off and why she is doing true calling instead, it also mentioned the whole running thing as well
Old 05-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

I expect she was pleased to be doing something different, getting away from the whole Buffy thing. I'll try and get hold of yesterday's copy, I'd like a read
Old 05-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i still have the article at home, will type it up later if anyone wants to read it!

i havent seen last nights ep yet, as i have a class on tuesdays and always record it - but will hopefully watch it tonight!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yesterday I was yelling at her "GO TAKE YOUR TEST!"
Old 05-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, the article from the mirror if anyone was interested and wanted to read it!!

Eliza Dushku, 23, is best known for playing troubled slayer Faith in Buffy and Angel. She’s now starring in her own show, Tru Calling, where she plays a time travelling mortuary assistant…

You’ve been a vampire killer, appeared in the horror film Wrong Turn and now play a mortuary assistant. You seem a nice girl. What draws you to these roles?
it’s funny because, before Buffy, I wasn’t really into horror or science fiction, but its exciting and I’m a high energy personality and I know what I like to watch – high emotion, lots at stake, intensity. Horror and excitement are just both things that appeal to me.

Did you enjoy kicking Buffy’s ass as Faith?
it was always cool, but it was never me kicking her ass, or her kicking mine. I’d get in a good piece and throw her down, then she’d get up and really hit me back – it was always draw. We’d end up with bruises, then cut to the next scene and we’d be giving each other dirty looks or having some witty dialogue – which kept it fun and fresh.

Could you beat Sarah Michelle Gellar in a real fight?
What do you think? To be honest we fought each others stunt doubles more than each other, but in our first fight scene we were together and I overstepped the mark and actually punched her in the face with this big metal ring on my hand. She went down and looked up at me terrified. No one called ‘cut’, so there were these odd five seconds when we were just looking at each other, then I said, “I’m so sorry”.

You seem to quite like fighting. Should I be scared?
Yeah! I love fight scenes. I grew up with three older brothers in Boston, and I was a tomboy, a tree climber, football player. I love the physical craziness Faith had. I really got into it.

Faith also seemed to have a thing for dancing, there’s even a website dedicated to it…
A Faith dance site? I didn’t know people had picked up on that. She is a bit of a dancer. When you shoot the dancing scenes in the club in Buffy, it’s a contrived atmosphere, they play temporary music, and put real music on later, so there’s not a lot of feeling there. So when they’d shoot them I’d just go for it and hope they’d cut away and somehow make it look good.

Buffy and Angel have a cult following and attract “enthusiastic” fans. How do you cope with that kind of attention?
When it’s controlled and positive, it’s flattering, but when it’s a bit weird, or aggressive, it can be uncomfortable. But, mostly, it’s really nice to know you were part of something that so many people were passionate about.

Is it true that you turned down the chance to make a Buffy spin-off, Faith?
Buffy’s creator, Joss Whedon, and I became good friends, and when Buffy was finishing, we talked about what we could do, and if, after all the slayer stories that have been told over the past seven years, there would be more to tell. We were brainstorming but there were no serious talks. Then Tru Calling came along and I wanted to do something a little different.

In Tru Calling you play a mortuary assistant who goes back in time to save people’s lives. This involves a lot of running around. Why doesn’t she just get a car?
Yeah, the running. The director, Philip Noyce is tremendous, but the man had a thing about me running, and it’s a lot! But by the end of the season she starts borrowing her brother’s car.

Good, because we feel knackered just watching you…
I know! We were shooting in Vancover, in the rain and I was in stiletto boots running down cobblestone streets, chasing a camera fixed on a motorbike with the cameraman going “run faster”. I was like “You’re on a motorcycle, I can’t run that fast!” and then my feet came right out from under me and I landed face down in the street. I said “Enough with the running”.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, finally watched last tuesdays ep and thought it was really good.

>when they showed the shot at the begining of the girl arguing with her
father, i thought that they had just given away the ending and spoiled the ep, but i was glad there was a twist at the end - i wasnt expecting it to be her neighbour.

but i hope that they dont start showing the victim as such before they die
every week, i like it when the first we see of them is when tru see them
being bought in.

i was glad that tru didnt give her brother the racing tips, that just
would have been wrong.

it was good to see the different meetings with luc, but she should stop revealing things from conversations.

the mcats thing was kinda expected, as you would need her to have a reason not to be in medical school. though i cannot wait until next week to see what her coworker (cant remember his name) knows!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

bringing over posts for the old board

Quote:
Originally posted by onthebalance:
hi, so what did you guys think of the last episode?

i thought it was good, i wasnt expecting the "groom" to be the one that had poisoned them all, and kept thinking it was the guy that kept trying to kick tru out of the room. the end was knida better sweet she saved their lives but they ended up in jail.
Quote:
Originally posted by Star5:

I had the same thought - he just seemed so desperate to get rid of her, but I guess that would have been too obvious. Also I didn't even come close to guessing why he wanted to kill them all - but it's very clever the way that Tru puts all the pieces of the puzzle together.

I can't help wondering about Davis and whether he will become even more involved as the series goes on. Or even if he and Tru might end up together (even though they are a bit of a mismatched pair at the moment ).
Quote:
Originally posted by Camdish:
"Past Tense" was a good episode with a new twist being that there were 5 dead rather than the usual one. The story was intelligent and I thought the way Tru went about weeding out the most likely suspect was very well done.

The characters are starting to establish themselves and I think in the future episodes we will see some of them coming together. I suspect that Tru's brother will play an increasing role as her 'sidekick' helping out. Wonder if her sister will feature more as well.

A strong episode that I hope means the rest will continue the same standard.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mariachica:
I can't wait for you guys to continue getting new episodes. This was right around the point in the series where everything begins to pick up.
Quote:
Originally posted by Star5:
I really like the character of her brother. He is a good foil for her and it would be quite interesting if he did become more involved in the cases rather than just acting as a sounding board for her.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for bringing those posts over Mysteria

Interesting article, I enjoyed reading. Thanks for posting it onthebalance.

I didn't like Tuesday's episode as much as past eps. I enjoyed the reoccurence of Luke (he is gorgeous ) and I'm definitely very intrigued about what Davis is going to reveal to her but I didn't much like the whole background to why Paige ended up dead.

And she didn't get to take her test - although as Davis said, maybe she's fated to stay around the morgue a bit longer.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Star5
Interesting article, I enjoyed reading. Thanks for posting it onthebalance.
hi, no problem, i thought it was a good article when i saw it in the paper - esp the bit about the running!

last weeks episode was good, i think they only put the medical student background to give tru more of a reason to stay at the morgue.

but looking forward to tonights ep, and what davis knows about her!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hi, yesterdays eppy ruled! Angel was good too
Old 05-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well the big cliff-hanger about what Davis knew about Tru turned out to be a real anticlimax. There was no explanation about how he knew, apart from some vague reference to the number of dead people coming in being reduced. Rather a leap in logic to tie this to Tru and even more so to figure out what she was doing to cause it. I hardly think that a morgue getting fewer bodies than normal would arouse suspicion as there must be variations throughout the year and other morgues in the city. The other problem with this is that we have no timeline to compare it with. Tru has saved approx. 12 people so far but has this been in a two week period or a two month period? As you can see it makes a big difference.

The last couple of storylines have been okay but already some of the themes are becoming repetitive. How often now have we seen Tru ‘solve the case’ only to realise with 10 minutes to go that she had missed something and the person was still going to die. This of course sets up the frantic dash at the end to put things right.

Also there are some bad holes in the storylines. For example in this week’s episode how did the rich kid know where the poorer brother and sister lived? Why did Harrison and Lindsey go back to Tru’s apartment to ‘make out’?

There generally seems to be little character development beyond Harrison and Davis, although they are both very one dimensional anyway. Everything that happens to Tru just seems to be shrugged off without any regret. When her medical career came to and end because she had to miss the exams it was just a ‘oh well I’ll take them next year’ attitude. There was no follow up from family or friends as to the decision and what it meant.

Overall the storylines are just interesting enough but there seems to be little else to really make me care about the characters.

I have read that there is an improvement to the episodes towards the end and this may be the reason Tru Calling has been given a second season by the studio. We can only wait and see.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Camdish
Well the big cliff-hanger about what Davis knew about Tru turned out to be a real anticlimax. There was no explanation about how he knew, apart from some vague reference to the number of dead people coming in being reduced.
hi, i thought that too, after really looking forward to seeing what he knew about her it was definately disappointing.

one other thing that annoyed me is that we saw the "victim" before they died. i like not seeing the people until they have died and then trying to peice it together - hopefully the fact that we have seen the victim before dying in the last 2 eps doesnt mean it is a trend.

apart from that the ep was good, the twist with the girlfriend actually not being his girlfriend and dating his real girlfriend was not expected.

it was also good to see her borrow her brothers car rather than running.