Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i am sure the running everywhere wont last more than a few eps, maybe they will get her a motorbike or something like that.

but thanks for the repeat times, it useful to know if i end up missing an episode!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've just finished watching the first episode too. Didn't blow me away like some programmes do but still thought it was very good and probably better than I was expecting.

I could have sworn that I've seen Tru's sister in something else. I spent most of the episode trying to place her [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

ooh a motorbike would be cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I like motorbikes.
Is anyone here going to see Eliza at the NEC in Birmingham this weekend?
UKFAN~IBF#15~INSANEGOTRFAN#1~MILKDRINKERS#5
Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Star5:
<STRONG>I could have sworn that I've seen Tru's sister in something else. I spent most of the episode trying to place her</STRONG>
Well here is what Jessica Collins has been in:

Starring Roles
Tru Calling (2003) - Meredith Davies (ep. 1 - 13, guest starring afterwards)
Loving (1983) - Dinah Lee Mayberry Alden (#1) (1991-1994)

Guest Starring Roles

Tru Calling - Meredith Davies - Daddy's Girl (2004)
American Dreams - Colleen - Great Expectations (2003)
American Dreams - Colleen - Silent Night (2002)
American Dreams - Colleen - The Home Front (2002)
Andy Richter Controls the Universe - Leslie - Little Andy in Charge (2002)
Off Centre - Kristi Lee - The Good, the Bad and the Lazy (2002)
Dawson's Creek - Sherry Eisler - To Green, With Love (2000)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - Jodi Carlisle - Deadline (1997)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - Jodi Carlisle - Child of the Night (1997)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - Jodi Carlisle - Friends, Lovers and Children (1997)
Star Trek: Voyager - Linnis Paris - Before and After (1997)
Life with Roger - Heather - The Way We Was (1996)
Diagnosis Murder - Wendy Windsor - A Model Murder (1996)
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Mindy Church - Home Is Where the Hurt Is (1995)
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Mindy Church - ... We Have a Lot to Talk About (1995)
Coach - Bridget McDermott - Working Girl (1994)
M.A.N.T.I.S. - unknown - Through the Dark Circle (1994)

Movie/Mini-Series/Special Roles

Catch Me If You Can (2002) - Peggy
Ritual (2001) - Jackie
beautiful (2000) - Miss Lawrenceville
Best of the Best 4: Without Warning (1998) - Karina
Leprechaun 4: In Space (1996) - Dr. Tina Reeves
Old 04-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ah, thanks for the list. I think it must have been off Dignosis Murder and Lois and Clark that I recognise her. She's actually been in quite a lot of shows looking at that.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi, thanks for the info, i think i have seen her in catch me if you can!!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Camdish:
<STRONG>
Not sure if I understand why the repeat of the first episode this Saturday does not suit you but here are the dates/times/channels:
</STRONG>
I wasn't implying that Saturday wasn't suitable; I just wanted to have a sorta contingency plan of sorts, (I know lame) to ensure that I didn't miss the ep...and knowing when the repeats are on helps this.

Anyway, I did watch the pilot last night. Still uncertain of what my true (no pun intended, heh) feelings towards the show were, but I think it's pretty much positive so I will definitely watch Tuesday.

My only gripe with this first ep was that it felt kinda rushed. I guess that was to be expected though. Quite a lot of back-story to get in an hour, maybe a two-hour ep might have been better? I dunno. Oh, one last thing, I hope they cut down with the running in the next episodes.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read that FOX have given approval for the season finale in the US to be filmed as a two hour episode. Ordinarily I would think this is a good sign for another season but could it just be a way of tying up the ends so the show has a finish?
Old 04-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i remember reading that it was definately renewed for another season.

so a 2hr finale would be good news!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the show rocks and it was well worth the wait.the theme tune is awsome. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I just started watching too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's very good IMO
Old 04-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

hi [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
hi jen!!
I can't wait to see yesturday's Tru Calling. I've seen the trailer. Eliza Dushku was on Richard and Judy tonight. I only caught the end. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
UKFAN~IBF#15~INSANEGOTRFAN#1~MILKDRINKERS#5
Old 04-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by blackfaith33#2:
<STRONG>hi [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
hi jen!!
I can't wait to see yesturday's Tru Calling. I've seen the trailer. Eliza Dushku was on Richard and Judy tonight. I only caught the end. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
hi, really did she anything about the show?

i havent managed to watch this weeks ep yet - but will definately watch it tonight.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Vix [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Don't worry, I taped it for you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

Last night when Eliza was on Richard and Judy she was talking about how some of the Buffy fans were really insane and that there are some scary websites out there. I turned to my Mum and said "OMG! She's talking about me!!!" and my brother said "No she's not!" and Mum said "Shhhh Greg! She's talking about Jen!" [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 01:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

This week’s episode was somewhat slower paced than the Pilot but I suppose this was only to be expected. At least she was not running everywhere.

Generally it was okay, with the now established call for help from the dead which Tru has to decipher in order to save someone. Slight twist this time with it actually being someone else she had to save and not the dead person who ‘asked’ for help.

The one thing that just did not work for me was the ‘relationship’ with the fireman. She wakes up knowing her long term boyfriend is going to cheat on her but then within the space of a few hours she is falling for another guy to the extent of holding hands and kissing. This storyline was made weaker as Tru had talked to her friend about how she does not often fall for a guy but when she does she falls hard. If this was the case then she would have been more broken up about her boyfriend cheating.

Mind you it was good at the end when he was saying if he could have the day over again he would do it all different to which she replied ‘you only get one day’.

All in all a fairly average episode.