Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I read in TV week magazine the WB was going to pick up this show. On page 5, in the Nov27 - Dec 3 edition.

"It appears there could be a new lease on life for the spooky sci-fi series Tru Calling" There was talk that the show, which stars Eliza Dushku, could be on the chopping block, but it has been rumoured the WB Network will pick it up from Fox for another season."

I love this locally filmed show and really hope it stays on.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Total Fan

Yeah I live in Van too and I read that...I don't know though. I really don't want to get my hopes up.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Damn Fox! I thought it was coming back, after the O.C. at 9. And clearly the actors did too, if they started filming. This is such a huge mistake. And hell no to the WB. They cancelled freaking Angel. There are so many idiots there Tru Calling was so great. If Eliza said it's done, then it's done
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 11-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xextremex
And hell no to the WB.
Exactly thats what i said above. The wb cancelled angel and that was a big mistake obviously the wb doesnt know good quality tv. Nor does fox.Face it the tv world has become "Reality"

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 11-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

I can't believe that Tru Calling has been cancelled. I have my fingers crossed that there is at least one smart person over at The WB and they will lobby to have this show picked up over there.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Total Fan

Very true.

Reality television has apparently become a lot more popular than your average television shows, which really bites. I honestly don't care much for 'The Bachelor', or anything like that. It's not very entertaining to me, and I would rather show fictional television programs that have suspence, or drama, or something edgey.

Even at that, I will definitely buy the first season of Tru Calling on DVD, and I hope that they would release the six episodes for the second season DVD even if they won't air them.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I think reality tv is just a phase, just like millionaire amd weakest link were a few years ago. Reality TV does not equal quality and I am starting to get sick of it. Too much on now and so many are so stupid. I still like Amazing race though. I always thought Tru Calling would of done a lot better on Fox than it did.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Total Fan

Well, with Tru Calling running up against Friends, it's final season, people had a choice of watching Friends, or the new show, Tru Calling. I blame Fox for putting Tru Calling in such a bad time slot, though, I'd watch Tru Calling over Friends any time since I prefer the drama, and bad then I wasn't much of a comedy person, so Friends didn't strike my interest.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

I could ramble on and on about reality television for pages, because I despise it, but I'll spare you all the headache ...

In all honesty, Tru Calling just wasn't a very strong show in the beginning, which is why it lost a lot of it's original viewers. It's one of those shows that grew with each episode, and by the end it had you glued to your seat. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was similar (though it started out with only 12 episodes in season one), and eventually grew to be a very, very good show. Tru Calling could have been the same.

But unlike Buffy, Tru Calling didn't get its second chance. Rawr.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Supreme Fan

And if Tru Calling continued, they had it set up against Survivor and CSI (or one of them). It's terrible. Tru Calling had so much potential.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 12-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xextremex
And if Tru Calling continued, they had it set up against Survivor and CSI (or one of them). It's terrible. Tru Calling had so much potential.
They so better not have Tru Calling set up against CSI, if TC was continued, cause I couldn't pick just one of the shows, cause I like the both of them, and so does my mom. If it was up against Survivor, there'd be contest. I'd so watch Tru Calling.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

I didnt know about this til now. Damn you, FOX!

I dont care if they show the remaining episodes in the middle of the day or at 3am if they dont want to replace any of their precious tv shows!!! I just want them to air the remaining eps! That's the least they could do!!
Old 12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

*totally agrees*

>shakes fist at Fox<
Old 12-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Old 12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

FOX annouced it's January lineup. TC is not listed on it anywhere. Though the site still says premiering in early 2005... so maybe in the March schedule change.

This sucks.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS