Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is there any way to contact FOX so we can talk to them about getting 'Tru Calling' back on the air?
You think we didn't try?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/ar..._id=1000683323
Could this be?
Good news: They said they'll bring it back
Bad news: I dunno, it kinda sounds like they said that because of the critism for all the reality shows, and if this reality line-up works they could not show the scripted shows.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

ok, if its true, then its put a smile back on my face !!!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Total Fan

I don't know what to believe honestly. It'd be great if 'Tru Calling' is going to air again. I really loved that show, and I'm looking forward to the first season on DVD or VHS, if it happens. And, I'm looking forward to the second, I hope it'll happen.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

From buffy.nu

Eliza Dushku confirms Tru Calling cancellation
From Supporttrucalling.com - 2004-10-23rd

On October 16th and 17th, Eliza Dushku and Shawn Reaves appeared at the London Movie, Comic and Media Expo in the UK. They signed autographs for hundreds of fans, and did confirm that Tru Calling has been canceled.

According to multiple reports from fans who spoke to him, Shawn said that fans need to fight to see the six episodes that were filmed for Season 2. So help Shawn and Eliza and join the fight to Save Tru!

Also, the news posted on Miracleshq.com has been confirmed to be accurate:

"Tru Calling" has been cancelled before the second season has a chance to begin this fall. FOX cut the order of episodes from 13 to six and then just as shooting for the sixth episode was wrapping up, the cancellation came out. There are no immediate plans to air the final six episodes. A DVD of the first season is set to come out in December, and if it sells well, they might release the final six episodes on DVD at a later date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I had a feeling this was coming. I mean if you look at last seasons ratings they werent that great and Fox is a high rating network. Ok like remember the show Skin? They only aired two episodes and then canned it because of ratings. But you're right petitions wont work. We tried saving Angel but obviously the WB president Levin at the time was being a But never hurts to try. But then again this leaves an opportunity for Eliza to do a Faith spin off. I would definitly tune in for that if she ever wanted to do one.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 10-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

I personally think we're wasting time with FOX... I really think if we have any hope it'd be to petiton the WB to pick it up... at least they SOMETIMES listen to fans... *was a dedicated Roswell fan for years... and that show almost got cancelled twice but they listened to petitions...*

Fox showed us ages ago what they thought of Tru Calling when they cut the episodes back then wouldn't give us a straight yes or no to wether they'd even air the eps they do have... I don't see a happy future with them.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CharmedRulz
I personally think we're wasting time with FOX... I really think if we have any hope it'd be to petiton the WB to pick it up... at least they SOMETIMES listen to fans... *was a dedicated Roswell fan for years... and that show almost got cancelled twice but they listened to petitions...*

Fox showed us ages ago what they thought of Tru Calling when they cut the episodes back then wouldn't give us a straight yes or no to wether they'd even air the eps they do have... I don't see a happy future with them.
It looks like they're in no hurry to sell it to the WB so they'll have a backup plan in case all this reality show stuff doesn't do well
I personally think it's just a sucky world we live in that people line up to see "omg real life people cheating on each other/getting plastic surgery/eating cow testicles" but not scripted shows.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Ok this is sad and depressing news, but I still have hope and I hope everyone else does as well because like CharmedRulz, I was a diehard Roswell fan and saw the difference and impact that fans could make even if it was under a blue moon. They listened to not only petitions but postcards and tabasco sauce bottles and miscellaneous merchandise. The campaigns were amazing. And I think that Eliza would do well with or without Tru Calling. There's always that Faith spin-off we keep hearing about (hoping about rather).

If all else fails UPN could pick it up. It always does.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

I personally think if we're going to target anyone at this point, it should be the WB.

If there's an oficial cancellation, then what rights to the show would FOX have anymore? They gave them up. And to continue holding on to them would just seem spiteful. It's like hanging onto something recyclible just because you're a pack rat.

If we continue showing an interest in getting our show on the network (in spite of earlier reports that it couldn't be released to the WB), at least they'd see they'd have the potential for a strong fanbase in the works if they were to pick it up later on.

Otherwise ... this is sad news indeed. Especially after such an awesome finale.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 10-27-2004, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

ITA The WB is the network to focus on now. We need our TC back!! I want to know what the heck happens...plus see my three fave guys again
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

I hate it when they cancel shows that actually have substance and are GOOD!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Me too! Yet there are so many crappy ones out there that need to get canned, esp some of those reality shows and they seem to keep going.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Gal
Me too! Yet there are so many crappy ones out there that need to get canned, esp some of those reality shows and they seem to keep going.
Exactly!! Enough with the reality shows already...nobody cares!! ...maybe if some of them made sense but no, the things they come up with.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-28-2004, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

I would much rather have a good quality entertainment show than another hidden camera in someones house, on a desert island or another race across the country etc.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Gal
yeah I don't get how good shows can get cancelled and those crappy ones stay