Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Susan- Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking. I mean for the rest of his life, Dan's going to have every good memory plagued with the thought of, Keith should be here too, and live with knowing he's the reason that Keith isn't there. The wedding is a prime example. The whole family is going to be there, except Keith. The playoffs, if the Ravens make it further, Keith should be there to see games like that, etc. Dan will be able to see the games, and if he continues on the good Dan path, and steers clear of the evil Dan routine, his family will probably share more of the big moments with him, and every day he will live with what he's done, and the weight that comes with it. That's some punishment for ya.

- Bethany Joy
Old 04-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ I pretty much agree with you guys. Dan's worst punishment will be himself.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

^^Yup, see that's what I'm totally thinking. I mean, I can only think of a few things that may be punishments Dan might consider to be worse, and again all of them tie into his family. Punishment, would be seeing the look on Lucas's face if he ever found out it was Dan who took Keith from him. Dan just asked Haley how Nathan was doing in the aftermath of Keith's death. Punishment is knowing he inflicted that kind of hurt on Nathan, etc. The only punishment that IMO, is going to be worse for Dan, than the punishment he inflicts upon himself, is going to be the punishment that will rain down, if and when his family figures out he was the one who killed Keith.

- Bethany Joy
Old 04-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I just wanted to chime in and say that I agree with what all of you have said regarding Dan. It seems unimaginable right now to me, but they are going to have to redeem him. Whether or not the audience is able to buy into it will be another issue, however last episode I did find myself feeling for Dan, which I mostly have to credit to PJ being so awesome. IMO Dan is the center of the Scott Family, and that was the exact reason why I was so angry about where they took his character. It was a point of no return, but at the same time, in order to keep the dynamic interesting, he’s going to have to come back from it.

Like you all have stated the only way to go about it will have to be Dan being his own judge, jury and executioner. Everyone is going to have an immense amount of hatred for him when they find out what he did, but in order for Dan to become 'human' again, his own self hatred will have to outweigh everyone else’s hate for him. It’s still a shame that the writers decided to go there with his character though.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Amanda- I definitely agree with you hun. A large part of the credit has got to go to PJ. He's so good at bringing it, and he's so great a playing a layered character, when they give Dan layers, that is. I mean, I seriously wanted to feel bad for Dan last episode, but then was like, eek, he killed Keith. I also agree with you that Dan is going to have to be "redeemed" in some capacity, they just can't leave him haning out there, and not even attempt to, because he is the core of this family. He definitely is. The man is going to have to suffer, and suffer big time for anyone to consider having an ounce of sympathy for him, so on that note, him living with his actions for the rest of his life is going to have to cause him immense guilt, and remorse, that's the only thing that makes sense to me personally. And gah, I seriously can't imagine the fallout if and when his family finds out. That's going to be a nightmare in itself. Dan will wish he were dead, but I'm thinking that will happen sooner, like when he finds out that Deb was the one that attempted to kill him, not Keith. Yeah, I see Dan's soul being tortured for sure.

- Bethany Joy
Old 04-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ pretty much agree with you guys too...and welcome Amanda
Old 05-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, the closer and closer we get to the finale tomorrow night, the more anxious I become. No jokes, every time we get an event that has all of these people at one location, I get excited at the possibility of scene sharing, lol. I want every combo possible. Not to mention, I'll be interested to see his behavior at the wedding too. I'm hoping the man just holds it together for the ceremony, and well, after that, whatever, lol. And would I be getting too greedy asking for some Karen/Haley? Because really, I'd love that, hee.

- Bethany Joy
Old 05-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Tomorrow's episode... I feel like so much has to happen, that we're going to be bombarded with scenes, I won't even know how to register it all. And at the core of it... the Scott Family. It will be a shining episode for LHN as well as Karen and Dan... how it all plays out... I think we'll be surprised.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Extreme Fan

so excited about tomorrow , season finale is soo close can´t believe it
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mel, IA...I'll probably have to see the episode a couple of times before it all registers in.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Looking forward to some quality Scott Family moments tonight!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

I was quite pleased with the how much Scott Family we got.

I laughed out loud at Deb/Nathan/Dan in the limo. Most uncomfortable limo ride EVER.

The Haley/Karen scene was fantastic. And poor Haley, asking for Karen's permission, that was so sweet.

Lucas and Nathan... all their scenes were great. LOVED the Lucas/Haley scene. They are so cute. I love them...best friends.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

New little scott coming into the world next season weee=D
Old 05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Gah, how long have I been wanting Karen/Haley? Thank goodness for that scene, seriously. I loved it. It was such a long time in the making. How sweet of Haley to ask permission to where the dress, and just all of it, definitely one of my favorite scenes of the episode.

Also, gah, my LH scene. I flove them. I am so glad they gave us something with them. I could totally feel and belived they had a childhood bond when he said he would give her away etc, so damn good. My favorite bff combo, period.

Dan, oh man... I liked his scene with Lucas fixing the tie. I liked him telling Karen he'd be there for her...Those things screamed season one Dan with layers, then we have Deb dropping the bomb, and he split from reality or whatever, and well, that was bad news, lol.

Mel- I laughed at that too.

- Bethany Joy
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

The Scott Family was amazing tonight!

I loved the Karen/Haley scenes we got. I teared up a little bit, but it was very fitting for the type of relationship they've had the last three years.

What can I say about Luke and Haley, other than the fact tha I started to really cry when Lucas was in the room with Haley? Those two have an amazing friendship, and I hope it continues to grow should the show continue.

NH were beautiful as always.

But how uncomfortable was Nathan in the limo?