Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought this episode was ok. It had humor in it, which I liked.

I've come to realize that one of my favorite things about the OC is that for the most part, the teenagers actually act like teenagers (though they don't like they're teenagers) I mean in other shows with teenagers they all seem so mature, but Ryan, Seth, Summer, and Marissa (last night atleast) were acting like normal teenagers. Although I'm aware the fact that they got invited to some celebrety's birthday party in unrealistic, atleast the teenagers were.

I thought that Ryan and Marissa were ok. I actually didn't mind Marissa when she was pretending that Ryan was some star from The Valley.

I thought Seth and Summer were cute. I actually liked the fact that they weren't all over each other. It shows there is more to them then just making out. They can also be friends. Not that I ever doubted this, it's just good that others who were get to see this side of their relationship.

I love Jimmy and Sandy. They make me happy.

Not enough Kaitlin. Not enough.

Luke and Julie just make me laugh.

And the previews for next week made me laugh even harder. Marissa runs away to Chino?? Oh dear...

You will be lonely, Craig.
HyperBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I enjoyed last night's episode a lot:

Ryan and Marissa: So many wonderful Spooner moments, I don't know where to begin!!! They were un-freaking-believably cute!!

Ryan: Not liking all of the need to punch somebody last night, not liking it at all. You are macho. We understand that.

Marissa: Was very satisfied with her. She acted very maturely - well, not really, I just can't find the right word - towards Ryan. I loved the look on his face when she suggested that they should spend time apart. He looked all, WTF? [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Seth: Back in all his glory. I loved his ramble about Grady when he was watching The Valley with Ryan.

Paris Hilton: Paris Hilton? Ew.

Mischa Barton: Thank goodness, looks like the girl has invested some money in acting classes.

Preview: Am not liking it AT ALL. Dammit Theresa, why do you have to come back? Dammit Marissa, why do you have to go to Chino?

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimba:
<STRONG>Then there's the fact that Theresa magically reunited with a guy who manhandled and stalked her. WTF was THAT about? And now, Marissa is running off to stay with Theresa in CHINO cause she can't deal?

WTF?

Seriously, this Marissa crap is damn near enough to make me STOP watching. It brings down every other story and character, and it makes no friggin sense.

WHY is she rushing off to THERESA? Of all people. Why not her supposed best friend? That's right - cause Marissa treats Summer like crap. And don't even get me started on Marissa's continual running away.

UGH.

Kimba</STRONG>
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I also still hate Marissa. What annoys me the most is that the writers are doing everything to try to make people like her (again or not). [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I think it's pathetically stupid she ran away to Theresa of all people. I mean, she's been to Chino. She knows it is not a happy place. Why couldn't she stay with Summer, or no, since she hates her, how about Jimmy?? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And ITA about Theresa -- TPTB know that R/T is way better than R/M, but they don't want to budge on the Ryan-and-Marissa-are-soulmates-who'll-never-be-free-of-each-other bull****, so they put Theresa back with Eddie. I definitely wanted Theresa back on the show, but not like this -- this is ridiculous. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And WTF is up with Eddie defending Marissa? Oh yeah, she's so delicate. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And Marissa wants to stay in Chino. $100 says it's something retarded like, as Ryan knew about Luke/Julie, EVERYONE in Newport knew and didn't tell her about it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] That pillow fight stank of Liz/Sean, so Ryan and Marissa will be getting back together real soon. [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img]
CanonsAreWorthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Last nights episode got me back into liking the OC again. It wasn't the best episode, but waayy better than the ones before. I loved how they made Ryan really be part of the family- when he was sticking up for Hayley and telling Sandy about it.
The whole Paris Hilton thing got on my nerves...like she could be in grad. school? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] hah.

I disagree with most people about the S/S thing, just because they don't kiss each other or make out in every episode doesn't make them any less of a couple. The S/S moment in the car was funny..."Legolas saved Middle Earth- that's like a huge part of European history!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
And what was up with the whole L/J fling? I find it really random- they just add them too the show to bring more drama...just when Ryan and Marissa start to be "independent together" Luke bursts in [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]. And Julie!! Argh, dont get me started. She is they most sly woman ever! Getting into the loop with Caleb and then being a bitch to Jimmy. I did like the "curling iron burn" excuse...might need it in the future [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
FanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Aleah*:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I also still hate Marissa. What annoys me the most is that the writers are doing everything to try to make people like her (again or not). [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I think it's pathetically stupid she ran away to Theresa of all people. I mean, she's been to Chino. She knows it is not a happy place. Why couldn't she stay with Summer, or no, since she hates her, how about Jimmy?? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] </STRONG>
How about - doesn't she LIVE with Jimmy?!?! Why the hell is she running away? She LIVES with her father! Not Julie! So this makes no friggin sense.

First cause - again - she lives with Jimmy.

Second cause - again - who the hell runs away to CHINO? The place people are desperately trying to get out of.

Third cause she and Theresa are NOT friends. And to drop all this crap on Theresa is just friggin contrived as hell.

I agree that this is all some massive ploy to garner sympathy for their supposed heroine after the masses turned against her during the Oliver debacle. But the thing is - it's too late. Her ONE redeeming quality used to be her belief in Ryan. Well, she lost that with Oliver, so now she just sucks.

Quote:
<STRONG>And ITA about Theresa -- TPTB know that R/T is way better than R/M, but they don't want to budge on the Ryan-and-Marissa-are-soulmates-who'll-never-be-free-of-each-other bull****, so they put Theresa back with Eddie. I definitely wanted Theresa back on the show, but not like this -- this is ridiculous. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And WTF is up with Eddie defending Marissa? Oh yeah, she's so delicate. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And Marissa wants to stay in Chino. $100 says it's something retarded like, as Ryan knew about Luke/Julie, EVERYONE in Newport knew and didn't tell her about it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] That pillow fight stank of Liz/Sean, so Ryan and Marissa will be getting back together real soon. [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Don't get me started on them magically putting Theresa back with a guy she pretty much admitted SHE DIDN'T LOVE. A guy that is a stalker. A guy that manhandled her. So they can get MARRIED. Did you catch the preview? Eddie said this was their engagement party. WTF?

I thought it was previously established that Theresa at 17 was WAY too young to get married!! And that - HELLO - she was really in love with Ryan and only SETTLING for Eddie.

But now - what? The previous weeks don't matter?

And Marissa is just a friggin drama queen.

I'm so glad I love the adult storylines and the "secondary" pair on this show, cause otherwise, I would be tempted to turn this off from all the incessant Marissa propping.

Kimba
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Well, I liked this episode. The past few episodes have just been kind of...eh. I've kept watching faithfully, but the show didn't really capture my interest for a while there. This episode has renewed my enthusiasm.

The teens were cute especially the brains, brawn, beauty, and boobs/bitch stuff, but my favorite plots were the ones with the adults. Sandy and Jimmy in particular were both great, and I liked that the adults' plot was just as prominent as the one with the teens. I haven't felt that we've gotten a really good plot with them in a while, and I was glad that they got a story that I could stay interested in.
that a broken heart is blind
~*Echo*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Banned

ITA, Kimba.

You watched Roswell, right? Shall we co-rant through PM?
Old 03-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Aleah*:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I also still hate Marissa. What annoys me the most is that the writers are doing everything to try to make people like her (again or not). [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I think it's pathetically stupid she ran away to Theresa of all people. I mean, she's been to Chino. She knows it is not a happy place. Why couldn't she stay with Summer, or no, since she hates her, how about Jimmy?? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
</STRONG>

Personally, I think Marissa goes to Chino because she just wants to be alone. She probably knows Ryan is going to be looking for her, and the one place he won't think to look is Chino at his ex-girlfriend's house. Although I don't agree with going to Theresa's house, I do understand why Marissa goes.

If she stays with Jimmy, he's going to be all, "Hey kiddo, how are you doing? Do you want to talk?" Summer will try the same thing. And maybe it's just me, but I really would not like to discuss my mother's fling with my ex-boyfriend with anyone, especially not my father.

Quote:
<STRONG>And ITA about Theresa -- TPTB know that R/T is way better than R/M, but they don't want to budge on the Ryan-and-Marissa-are-soulmates-who'll-never-be-free-of-each-other bull****, so they put Theresa back with Eddie. I definitely wanted Theresa back on the show, but not like this -- this is ridiculous. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And WTF is up with Eddie defending Marissa? Oh yeah, she's so delicate. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And Marissa wants to stay in Chino. $100 says it's something retarded like, as Ryan knew about Luke/Julie, EVERYONE in Newport knew and didn't tell her about it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] That pillow fight stank of Liz/Sean, so Ryan and Marissa will be getting back together real soon. [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Obviously I cannot agree with your comments about R&M, being a fan of their relationship, myself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Will say nothing more.

From the preview, it seemed to me that Eddie wasn't even defending Marissa, he was just trying to get Ryan away from Theresa, because he's overprotective or whatever. I don't think Marissa wants to stay in Chino either, she just wants to be alone for a while. Finding out that your mom was sleeping with your ex is not like waking up on Christmas morning. I wouldn't think badly of Marissa if she's embarrassed that all of Newport knows about it.

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Aleah - Yes, I did watch Roswell. PM me anytime and we can rant. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Chippewa - I don't care if Marissa wants to be alone. She's in therapy for a reason. She needs to face her issues, and STOP involving other people. If she wanted to be alone, go rent a hotel room at the Mermaid like everyone else. Don't go to a town you don't know and inflict yourself on your ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend who was just recently more than an ex and dealing with her own issues right now.

Marissa HAS a support system. Ready and willing and able and WANTING to help her melodramatic arse. I cannot feel sorry for this chick for making stuff worse than it already is.

Kimba

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited Kimba ]
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Banned

Hadn't Marissa quit therapy around "The Truth" anyway? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Kimba -- Expect a PM soon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hey Chippewa Falls Dawson -- I don't feel comfortable posting on Spooners. Next time, don't sub-troll. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] The problem I have with Marissa is that the writers keep trying to pimp her, without giving us any real reason to like her. Theresa would not run away to Marissa's house, because a) her mom would not sleep with Eddie; b) she knows that she and Marissa aren't friends; c) The writers definitely don't love her like they love Marissa, so they would never give Theresa the same kind of pity-party. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And tell Anica that it's usually Anna getting bashed on the episode discussion threads. But as she is gone, it's Marissa's turn. Finally!

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited *Aleah* ]
Old 03-26-2004, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
RYAN: Not going to L.A. because I am not going...that is not independent.
[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Is this a blooper? Shouldnt he have said "because I am going"?

Okk...I have to stop watching episodes over and over again.

* Ana *
PiPaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PiPaS:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Is this a blooper? Shouldnt he have said "because I am going"?

Okk...I have to stop watching episodes over and over again.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], don't worry, I noticed that too.
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
JoozerLoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by joozerkid88:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], don't worry, I noticed that too.</STRONG>
Ditto.
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Tragedy Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed this episode. Nice story, good acting and it was believable.

I was just so happy I didn't have to watch them all making out as I have the past episodes. It was nice to see an actually storyline, not just a sex themed storyline.

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>

I was just so happy I didn't have to watch them all making out as I have the past episodes. It was nice to see an actually storyline, not just a sex themed storyline.</STRONG>
I agree with u, 100%
* Diane * is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread