Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Addicted Fan

What kind of sense does it make for Marissa to go to Chino? Why, why, why?!?! Damn she's a moron.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Extreme Fan

the episode was so-so. There weren't enough s/s scenes. I really want r/m to be a couple again, hopefully soon. Haliey looked so sad and helpless. Wow, Luke really messed up this time, but why would marissa go to chino? Summer needs a new best friend for sure! goodness marissa, what is wrong with you?

harry potter. hunger games. himym.
rOsWeLlBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay I had to record it and I just finished watching it...

OMG ---- I think I laughed myself silly when Seth grinded his teeth together and said "Awesome" to Summer about Grady.... (LMAO) Adam Brody is Hilarious... I also laughed at Summer, when she told Marrisa to stay cool, but then she tackled Grady...

Is anyone other then me, getting a little bored and tired of the same ol' stuff on every episode... Ryan getting into a fight or a fuss and trying to save everyone..?

I mean Hello, he is on the verge of being taken away and it's like he dosen't care.. The writers need to come up with a better storyline for him, before everyone gets bored. I mean I seriously got pissed tonight when he told Luke to that he better end it... I mean Marrisa is no longer his girlfriend and Julie is none of his buisness. yeah maybe he is trying to be a friend, but the situation consists os Marrisa, Julie & Luke... and OMG with Haley, Ryan stepping up to that bouncer, man that was ridiculous.

Jimmy is great.. HAPPY PLACE! (LOL)

Luke & Julie, I have no words..

Paris Hilton, what a waste of screentime.... I mean they could have added a couple of more Seth & Summer scenes... I swear, what was the sense in her being there? hello not all americans are obssesed with her..

My favorite Lines...

So have you slept with Julie Cooper today?
I'll take the boobs... So will I.
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Absolute Fan

R/M - I liked how they are getting along better now, but I hated the ending, everything was going so well!

J/H - Was really cute

I'm glad J/L is over with

I thought it was really nice when Kiresten huged Hailey at the end !!!

the whole S/S thing at the party was Great

the ep was okay, but not the best*****cough cough ...cuz there was no Anna ...cough cough ****
* Diane * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I still hate Marissa and find her incredibly dull. Not to mention, I find Mischa severely lacking in the acting department.

So that pretty much colors my view on episodes where she's front and center. I didn't like this episode. Too much Marissa. EW on Paris Hilton. Again, too much Marissa and Mischa's non-acting.

I agree with whomever said it was getting a little tired of seeing the same old, same old. I love Ryan. He's my favorite character. But even *I* was rolling my eyes as he tried to fight everyone in the club.

Dude - CHILL.

Did I mention I hate Marissa?

I adore Seth/Summer. But I really wish, they'd actually stay away from the silliness stuff. Plus, I didn't get much of a couple vibe from them last night.

I :heart: Jimmy and Sandy. Really, these two are awesome on their own. And I love that Jimmy really seems to care about Hailey as a person, not just as Kirsten's sister.

Did I mention Marissa sucks?

Getting back to Ryan...I hate the way he was in Luke's face about Julie. Really, it's none of his business, and again, I think he went overboard. Was it supposed to be over the top?

Then there's the fact that Theresa magically reunited with a guy who manhandled and stalked her. WTF was THAT about? And now, Marissa is running off to stay with Theresa in CHINO cause she can't deal?

WTF?

Seriously, this Marissa crap is damn near enough to make me STOP watching. It brings down every other story and character, and it makes no friggin sense.

WHY is she rushing off to THERESA? Of all people. Why not her supposed best friend? That's right - cause Marissa treats Summer like crap. And don't even get me started on Marissa's continual running away.

UGH.

Kimba
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimba:
<STRONG>

WHY is she rushing off to THERESA? Of all people. Why not her supposed best friend? That's right - cause Marissa treats Summer like crap. And don't even get me started on Marissa's continual running away.

UGH.

Kimba</STRONG>
maybe Marissa thought no one would find her there*** shrug **** we will just have to wait and see

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
* Diane * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay, but WHY is she running away in the first place? And on top of that, why is she inflicting HER problems on Theresa? She doesn't know her like that.

This is just another reason why I can't stand this chick.

There is no need to drag other people into your family drama. She lives with her father. She didn't have to go home to Julie, so I don't get why she's running away in the first place. I thought she was in therapy? What happened to dealing with your problems instead of running off?

UGH.

Kimba
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Passionate Fan

It was great to finally have a new episode. It wasn't my favorite but it was still enjoyable

I liked how The Valley was kind of a mockery of The OC [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and they were kind of making fun of themselves even when Summer was talking about dating a co-start haha

Julie deaserves a big smack in the face to doing that with Luke. I mean come on how much does she hate Marissa to do that? Because if you really love your kid you wouldn't do that.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought the episode was ok. I guess I'm in the minority because I thought Mischa's acting was just as bad as usual.

I agree with whomever said that they were annoyed that Ryan told Luke he BETTER end it with Julie. I can understand Ryan being concerened but it's none of his damn business. I was a little annoyed with Luke for not getting back in his face. I love Ryan and all but I'm getting sick of his I can whoop everyones butt attitude. Dude chill out you're not in Chino anymore. They should have done a retake of the scene when Ryan got back in the bouncers face because Benjamin didn't deliver that line(yea I got a problem) very well.

Next weeks preview annoyed me. I can understand Marissa being upset about Luke sleeping with her mom but what I don't get is why she would run away to Theresa's house. Better yet why is she running off at all?? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] How about staying there and dealing with the situation. Now there's a concept. That makes no sense AT ALL. Maybe I missed something but I don't remember them being that good of friends.

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Total Fan

I liked this ep. I thought it was funny. I love Seth and Summer. Marissa was actually tolerable until I saw the preview for next week. She has no reason to go to Chino. That's so dumb. Ryan should leave her there.

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I got all the in-jokes, but I just didn't think they were appropriate or funny. They took away from the "realness" of the show and turned it into a farce. Not to mention that anyone who doesn't read articles about the behind the scenes stuff and just likes the show would not understand any of that, only the show's most devoted fans would get it -- and yet, the most devoted fans were who they were making fun of.

For instance, Marissa and Ryan were too cool to be fans of The Valley (In other words, The O.C.). No, they didn't want to meet the stars. Marissa denied ever seeing it (didn't we see her watching an episode in the preview?). I just think it was another in-joke -- look, here's what we think of you people who get all nuts when you meet the stars of The O.C.

This show started out as a high quality drama -- Josh Schwartz was nominated for a Writer's Guild award for the pilot and should have won IMO. But this latest ep was a far cry from the pilot.

I couldn't believe when Ryan jumped in and started bossing Luke around. Who made him king? And why would Luke listen to him? I mean, they're friends now, sort of, but Luke can speak up for himself and say Listen Ryan, it's none of your business. And why would Ryan care anyway? He's not going out with Marissa.

Speaking of, Marissa goes to Chino next week? Ew. I hope she stays there. What a dope.
storygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I enjoyed this episode. It beat the last one by far. Summer and Seth were great, I loved seeing Seth lealous...for once... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I likeed that Anna wasn't even mentioned. Hee. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The inside jokes were good, but I agree that most wouldn't get them.

Paris kicked ass. Loved her.

I loved Summer hitting Seth. Bout time.

J/L: [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Sad! But I liked the end with Caleb. And we finally got to hear a sentance that satrted with "I'M DONE HAVING SEX WITH JULIE COOPER!" Hee.

This ep gets: Four Hee's and one Sad.
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Tragedy Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I adore Seth/Summer. But I really wish, they'd actually stay away from the silliness stuff. Plus, I didn't get much of a couple vibe from them last night.
Really. I loved how they were being a completely relaxed, non-PDA-ing couple. Those were always my favorite types to be around in high school, who felt secure enough to not be snogging each other every second. They could just be together, comfortably.

The whole jealousy, testing the limits, upping the ante thing really reminded me of Sandy and Kirsten at the swingers party.

And the casual ease with which he put his arm around her and pulled her close definitely reminded me of the sexually intimate couples I knew in high school. It's a degree of knowing and being comfortable with another's body that seemed very apparent in their relationship last night.
emrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Seth: I'm gunna declare this month...angst-free Ryan month.
Ryan: A month? You think it will last a month?
Seth: Angst-free Ryan week. With an option for an additional week...if you like it!
Ryan: ...Okay!

Happy Moment. Oh, Look! Luke's Here. Whoa, Luke/Julie!

Great beginning. And, um, I'm being lazy and not wanting to write a lot. So I'll just say...ITA with Katie and Emrie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Bee Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree about the Luke/Ryan situation... as I stated earlier..

Ryan has no buisness sticking his nose in it... cause in the end, the messenger is the one that gets shot down.. He shouldn't throw himself in that situation. As I stated earlier.. Sandy and Kirsten hav e broke their back trying to give him a life he has never had and he repays them with jailtime & suspension. I wish they would let Ryan mellow out a bit and be put in a situation where he walks away and then tells them he walked away to respect them... Swallow your pride buddy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread