Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I thought Marissa was almost tolerable in this episode, which is saying a lot coming from me. But since she found out about L/J I'm sure she'll be back to her annoying drama queen ways [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spazzie:
<STRONG>

Previews: Why would Marissa run to Theresa? Why? Why doesn't she just go to Summer, her best friend?? I actually liked Marissa in this ep and it looks like I'll go back to hating her again next week [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I completely agree with you here. I am not following the logic here at all. Marissa barely knows Theresa. Yes, they got to know eachother a little in episode 21 but they didn't become friends, nor did I get the impression that Marissa would consider her place a safe haven. I figure that was all Josh could come up with to create some more Eddie/Theresa/Ryan drama.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SATiNribbon:
<STRONG>
I watch the O.C. with my friends and they did not understand ANY of the jokes Josh threw at the audience. Maybe one or two jokes but the rest of the time they sat there confused wishing Seth would stop referring to Grady as himself.

During commercials I had to explain the reference to each joke.

I hope Josh sticks to writing the way he normally does.</STRONG>
Same here. My brother was like "what's ad-libbing?" lol. He's 12.

Other thoughts:
- the S/S jealousy thing was cute at first but then got stale, plus they weren't acting couply enough. There should have been at least one kiss.
- Paris was pretty decent, Colin was great.
- I feel bad for Luke. Poor guy can't get a break. He just wants to be loved. Aw.
- the best scene was the 4 teens walking done the street. It was so natural. The cast has great chemistry.
- I also liked the Summer/Marissa scene on the beach. One of the few times they were believable as friends.
- Summer is the cutest fangirl ever.

[ 03-24-2004: Message edited spazzie ]
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Marissa runs to Theresa? Summer needs new friends. And Eddie, i cant stand him.

Paris Hilton's role was pointless & she's a 'grad student'? GAG.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Good episode. I'm glad The OC is finally back.

Anyways. Well that kind of sucks Luke got caught. Luke & Julie had potential! What's up with Ryan being very very, and I mean VERY serious on Luke breaking up with Julie? hmmm, he's back to protecting Marissa's life again. Spooners!

-Marissa defintely didn't bother me as much in this episode. That was smart of her to have that talk with Ryan and suggesting "taking time" away from him. Is Marissa actually using her brain? Oh, her reaction to Luke & Julie was well done.
-Seth is sexy and I love his lines. Enough said.
-All the adults were good. I love the Jimmy & Julie comments toward each other. So funny. I do ship some Julie & Caleb fun, I was glad to see Caleb actually acting his age and trying to get Julie back and with Julie calling him at the end! Very good. I liked how everyone was working togther with 'The Lighthouse'
-I loved the Jimmy & Hailey scenes. Jimmy's face lighting up.. practically everytime he heard "Hailey" was cute. Hailey played the 'sad-stripper-upped on coke' very well.
-Summer was great. But that's no shocker. I like how she mentioned 'The Valley' being "addictive." Just like The OC. ehhheh.
-Loved the Seth & Ryan screen time. Finally longer than just 3 minutes. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
-Colin Hanks is cute.
-Paris: blah! Ew!

Next week looks pretty good but also sad.
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Man.

You guys, I missed Ann...*cough*

Heh, I couldn't even type it with a straight face.

"Can't look this good without drinking." -Simon Gallup
BlushingAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spazzie:
<STRONG>

Same here. My brother was like "what's ad-libbing?" lol. He's 12.
</STRONG>
Aww, Aisha, that's so cute! My twelve year old brother also watches the O.C. with me and my friends.

I still can't get over the fact that he knew that Summer meant condom in 'The Heartbreak' episode when they do it for the first time.
SATiNribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BlushingAmbition:
<STRONG>Man.

You guys, I missed Ann...*cough*

Heh, I couldn't even type it with a straight face.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Banned

My brother is also smart. Tonight at the end of the episode, he was like, "Ryan and Marissa have the most back-and-forth relationship. First they're like this *holds hands together* then they're like this *moves hands apart*. Then they're like this *puts hands back together in same position*, then like this *moves hands farther apart then last time*. Then like this *puts hands back together*, and then finally, like this *moves hands VERY far apart* and then they'll never be able to go back."

All I could say was, "YES! Please let that be the case!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
CanonsAreWorthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Aleah*:
<STRONG>My brother is also smart. Tonight at the end of the episode, he was like, "Ryan and Marissa have the most back-and-forth relationship. First they're like this *holds hands together* then they're like this *moves hands apart*. Then they're like this *puts hands back together in same position*, then like this *moves hands farther apart then last time*. Then like this *puts hands back together*, and then finally, like this *moves hands VERY far apart* and then they'll never be able to go back."

All I could say was, "YES! Please let that be the case!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
HAH! How old is he?
SATiNribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Banned

15. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
CanonsAreWorthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Loved the ep. Made a new av.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Loyal Fan

nice av in fair verona but i thought summer was the boobs? lol
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>Loved the ep. Made a new av.</STRONG>
OMG! I looooooove your avie! I wish I had one! That scene was awesome!
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Paris Hilton ruined it for me. Well not completley, but why on earth do people give her roles? I really don't find her believable as a Grad student, or anything really.

Minus her, the eppy was really good! I especially liked the part where Seth mentioned Kate Bosworth! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

OMG!! It just ended where I am, and OMG to Marissa finding out about Julie and Luke! What a way to find out! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2004: Message edited LaraCroft01 ]