Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

She died when that guy Volchek or whatever rammed into R/M's car and it flipped over. Ryan dragged her out of the car but then she died.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I havent watched much this season but had to tune in to see who was going to go and I have to say I wasnt that suprised. I just felt like it was marissa going.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 05-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't believe Marissa is actually gone. I'm not really a fan of hers, but it feels weird. I thought the death scene could have been a little more emotional between her and Ryan, but it still made me cry.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

That last scene really mad me sad! I was completely unspoiled but knew of course someone would die. I was shocked still. I can see why it was time for her to go and I like that everyone got to say goodbye at least. It was super sad though. I was truly disturbed by it. I wonder what the behind the scenes stuff was for her leaving?

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak
I'm done with this show. Josh made a huge mistake. I'm sure he'll realize that if he hasn't already.
wasnt it her choice to leave? its not really his fault she wanted out. i think he handled it well
Old 05-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

I think they couldve left things open... Like she could always have the option to make an appearance like the sailing around the world thing. I just cant believe that they ACTUALLY killed off one of the fab 4

Jessica av by Undeniable
Old 05-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Courtney~
wasnt it her choice to leave? its not really his fault she wanted out. i think he handled it well
I don't think it was her choice.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:04 PM
New Fan

Rumour has it Mischa was tired of the show and wished to move on...they fit it well, killing her off, but I would have just had her head off to a far away college. I hate when they kill someone off. She's not really dead in my mind.

I don't like Marissa that much, but that was tough. Marissa plus death scenes, equals bad acting on Mischa's part, I think.

I agree with foxybabygirl...they should have left things open.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

The end of the episode was so sad...I couldnt believe that Marissa died, infact I didnt believe it was true, not until I read an article where Mischa confirmed it. It just wont be the same without her. The episode was great though and the song at the end with the flashback scenes of the first season when he carries her made it even more sad. I loved when the four of them hung out at the 'Model home' and talking about the memories...I'm still kind of depressed with Marissa dying and I guess I'm still in denial lol so what now, Kaitlin is going to be the new Marissa?

I heard it was Mischa's choice and that she was the only one who didnt sign the contract for another year
Old 05-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, I'm for one glad Marissa is dead. Bad character most of the time bad actress. This is positive for the show imo. Either way it was a decent episode not the best of the season, but not the worst. Best this was The Anger Management worst was The Chrismakkah episode.

The only thing about next year that sucks is Kaitlin is joining cast. But that is what TiVo is for

If I was Mischa I wouldn't sign on for another season because of the crap she had all year. Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Kaitlin, Volchok, didn't I mention Johnny. I think she'll be fine, Mischa doesn't she have some movies coming up??

Either way I watch this show until Summer or Taylor leaves or the show revolves around Kaitlin (which I extremely fear) or it gets cancelled which will probably next year maybe the year after.

Also, there was really no standouts tonight, wish to have seen more Taylor and less Kaitlin but other than that it was fine.

Anyone else predicting a Taylor/Ryan romance next year? That wouldn't suprise me. It'd be hot.

The ending though was sad. I like the little song connection. Imogen Heap who sung the S2 finale song sang the S1 finale song. Pretty sweet. Probably the coolest part of the episode.

I guess I'll give this episode a B.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know. In my honest opinion, I think the manner in which Marissa died, what with Ryan having to save her yet again, simply made it seem like the only thing her character was was a damsel in distress - someone that constantly needed saving. I think that they had so many opportunities with killing off Marissa, and they could have done it in a way that glorified her more, instead of just making her seem like the simple, helpless girl that she ended up being. For instance, I think they should have played a little bit of role-reversal and had Ryan be the one who gets critically injured in the crash and Marissa has to drag him out of the wreckage, only to realize that she left something important back in the car. She could walk back towards it hesitantly, but then - BOOM - the car explodes and incinerates her. Sure, she died but in the process she did something she never did before; she saved Ryan, effectively coming full circle and paying him back for all of the times he's bailed her out of a life-threatening mess. Maybe she would have still died, but at least she would have done so heroically. And she wouldn't have seemed to needy up there until the end. I just think that the writers really just ended up crapping on Marissa's character one final time with this scenario.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Passionate Fan

The standard option for contracts is six years so I'm going to assume they let her out of it. If that's the cse she probably didn't leave on the best of terms or made it clear she didn't want to come back or would never. More often than not contracts are all but iron clad in order to avoid situations ... well, like this. That being said, I'm sure Schwartz knew what he was doing was a gamble. This was a bold move to say the least and I think it could really elevate Season Four's material (if done properly).

I can't get used to it.
I'll never get used to it.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralucid
I don't know. In my honest opinion, I think the manner in which Marissa died, what with Ryan having to save her yet again, simply made it seem like the only thing her character was was a damsel in distress - someone that constantly needed saving. I think that they had so many opportunities with killing off Marissa, and they could have done it in a way that glorified her more, instead of just making her seem like the simple, helpless girl that she ended up being. For instance, I think they should have played a little bit of role-reversal and had Ryan be the one who gets critically injured in the crash and Marissa has to drag him out of the wreckage, only to realize that she left something important back in the car. She could walk back towards it hesitantly, but then - BOOM - the car explodes and incinerates her. Sure, she died but in the process she did something she never did before; she saved Ryan, effectively coming full circle and paying him back for all of the times he's bailed her out of a life-threatening mess. Maybe she would have still died, but at least she would have done so heroically. And she wouldn't have seemed to needy up there until the end. I just think that the writers really just ended up crapping on Marissa's character one final time with this scenario.
I definitely think you have a point there, looking back on it. I loved the way the finale was done, the way that they showed him carrying her from the Pilot and The Escape, but that is a good point.

I really and truly think that Mischa partially made the show. I don't care how many people disliked her or not, but she was a part of what made The O.C., and without her, I feel like the show is not itself. Therefore, I may watch the first two episodes of next season just to see how things are, but most likely, I will discontinue watching. My enjoyment rested in Ryan/Marissa, Marissa's relationship to her mother and father, and the Fab Four. She is integral to all those storylines, and then some, and I don't think Taylor and/or Kaitlin can compensate for her in any way. I'm very saddened about this finale - it was beautiful, but very tragic, not just for the fact that Marissa died, but for the death of what I considered to be The OC.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

What was the song that was playing when Cooper died?

Old 05-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
. Sure, she died but in the process she did something she never did before; she saved Ryan, effectively coming full circle and paying him back for all of the times he's bailed her out of a life-threatening mess.
que pasa? Am I watching another show than you. I remember he only saving Ryan's life a year a go when his brother was trying to kill him, so she shot Trey instead. I mean, no offense, but the Marissa bashing is one thing, but to act like she never did anything for Ryan, is just not true

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread