Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not many people watch this show at all. The only viewer ship this show has left are the obsessive, loyal fans they've had since the beginning. And teen shows are all about romantic pairings.

I think what Josh is doing is a dumb move. He didn't give the ...

Spoiler:
Old 05-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Which is why parts of tonight are going to be really interesting to watch.

Graduation has to be good, yes?

Spoiler:
Old 05-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I dont know whether to be looking forward to the episode or dreading it.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

End of an era. Last episode I will ever watch of this show.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_konstantine
Yep. It's kinda weird thinking about it. This is IT.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_konstantine
That is my exact feelings, Amy. I really think the show will be forever ruined for me after tonight.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Melissa~
I really think the show will be forever ruined for me after tonight.
yea, i totally agree. What Josh is doing is stupid.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can't wait to watch!!! hoping for a great episode!!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

omg.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Can we talk about it now? I mean, has it aired everywhere or is it still considered spoilers? I'll put it between spoiler tag, just in case!

Spoiler:

Icon by me
Old 05-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just finished watching the finale (I live in Canada and we get it one hour early). Well, it's pretty much obvious by now what happens in the finale. They all graduate and near the end of episode, someone dies.

The episode itself was pretty much okay I guess. The last couple of scenes really touched back upon what happened in the first season.

Marissa was a troubled teenager, and in that last scene, she seemed sort of calm and relieved at what she knew was happening to her after the accident. Ryan carried her to safety (just like that episode when she overdosed on those pills in Tijuana), but it was too late. It was poignant and very sad scene.

As for the show "finally" becoming ruined, that happened a long time ago. It pretty much jumped the shark as soon as the second season began. After that, I just watched sporadically. And once in a while, there were some good episodes that aired, but as a whole, the show wasn't that good.

I think that Josh was pretty much painted into a corner. But a lot of it was pretty much his own doing. His once pretty good show has lost considerable losing ratings the past two seasons , and FOX was thinking about canceling it. Moreover, Mischa was insistent on leaving the show. Josh ihad to change the entire dynamic of the show. The current set-up of four friends hanging out together, was not working at all. I don't know if the new set-up will change anything though. Josh's track record isn't exactly that great.....

I know that some viewers grew tired of Marissa, but it doesn't change that she was a major character. It's really going to change a lot about the show. That relationship (R&M) has been a big part of the show since the beginning. Marissa has been a major character. I just don't know how Josh is going to fill that void. But viewers don't usually like drastic changes....We'll have to see....

The show can't be much worse than it was this past season. Though, I could be wrong.........

www.savingangel.org
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

In spoiler tages 'just in case:'

Spoiler:
Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

I never post on this board, but I do follow the OC..though my support for the show has been lowering over the past couple of years. Mainly the relationship between The Cohen's and Ryan..esp Seth/Ryan have kept me watching.

ANYway, this finale sucked, in my opinion. Everything..all the storylines. Even the graduation, which I was kinda hoping would be nice. It irks me that somehow two people with the last names Cooper and Roberts can sit next to one another. But thats the least of the problems with this episode.

And the end..well. Im sorry, but I wasn't moved by any of the performances. Esp Mischa. I just do not think she's a good actress. I have no problem with Marissa being killed off..I just didn't like the way it happened. Whats with all the crazy people going after Marissa? It just gets boring. Have her come down with an illness..some form of cancer...ANYthing. It can be dramatic, and touch people. Then again, I'm back to my first point that I dont think Mischa is a good actress. I dont think she could handle anything like that.

So...atleast next season cant get any worse. Unless they focus on Marrisa's horrible sister for the whole season. Hrmm.....

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
♦
Old 05-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that focusing on Kaitlin and her stupid 15 year old friends is a huge mistake. No one wants the see something that has already been done on this show to death. The show should just refocus on the core cast (Ryan, Seth, Sandy, Kristen, Julie, and Summer), while at the same time, bring in some interesting recurring characters.

This show could be good again IMO even if Marissa isn't there. But Josh isn't exactly the best show runner....

www.savingangel.org
Old 05-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow...thats all I have to say, and I doubt I'll watch The OC next season

Closed Thread   Post New Thread