Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Extreme Fan

This thread has been moving strong while I was away. That is so solid.

But Anna isn't solid. In fact she's the opposite of solid. She's liquid. Or plasma.

You will be lonely, Craig.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

She's swamp gunk, stuck to Seth's shoe.
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I was watching the Rocky Horror picture show last night, and some of the transvestites reminded me of Anna.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by duadiddydiddy:
<STRONG>I was watching the Rocky Horror picture show last night, and some of the transvestites reminded me of Anna.</STRONG>
LMAO!!! that movie was hilarious!!!!! well, Anna could very well be a TV!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jewel21:
<STRONG>Bwah, I don't care what they say. Personally, while her make-up bothers me, I hate her character more. I think she's a horrible 'friend.' She was never really Seth's friend. She only pretended to be by saying she was going to help him land Summer when in all reality, she was only trying to hook up with him herself. She's deceitful and catty and immature but is able to hide it behind her fairy-like appearance. To me, that makes her ten times the bitch that Summer will ever be.

I was pissed with her reactions at New Years cuz Summer was trying to be friends with her, trying to bond over the fact that they were both rejected by Seth, and all Anna did was throw Summer toward that Allan guy and then slink away to be with Seth. She didn't win him fair and square. She cheated. She caught him at a moment of weakness. If Summer had done what Anna had done that night, he'd have been with her instead. But Summer didn't. She has pride which is a lot more than I can say for Anna.

Her reaction in the last ep was a joke as well. Summer is lonely and is trying to be friends with them both and Anna just stood there the whole time rolling her eyes and making faces behind her back. If she didn't want to be friends with Summer from the start, she should have just been honest about it, rather than being a two-faced bitch. It's not Summer's fault that Seth has feelings for her. He's had them for years now, and they weren't suddenly going to go away because Anna kissed him on New Years. I would never have hooked up with Seth, knowing his feelings for Summer but she did so anyway. It's her idiotic mistake so her taking out her anger and frustration out on Summer was just low.

Then her getting mad when Seth wanted to inform Summer that her childhood friend was almost killed that night, made me even more livid. Anna is childish, jealous, insecure and immature. Those are not good qualities in a character. In that regard, she is very much like the female version of Seth. She only lacks the sense of humour.

Jewel</STRONG>
Speak on it girl. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I bow down to you. The NYE thing was what really did it for me and when she had the GALL to bring up the guy when she and Seth were telling Summer about them being together. She actually tried to insinuate that Summer was pushing her to get her guy to kiss and that she (Summer)found one in Allan. There is NO way Tinkerbell could say she thought Summer anticipated her going to Seth when barely a few minutes earlier they'd both being agreeing and commiserating about how "over Seth Cohen they both were and how 03 he was." Oh no, she practically foists Summer onto the Tulsa idiot and then play the poor little pitiful girl who's all alone; so she'll go home now and of course her heart couldn't help but make her take a detour to Seth's. Give me a FREAKING break.

Personally I am BAFFLED by persons getting bothered by people not liking a FICTIONAL character. WTF? I honestly don't get that. I remember when the show premiered over the summer. I couldn't go to any forum without seeing comments like "dummer" or "whore" to describe Summer. I could care less. Yes there's no question she'd been mean to Seth at times and she was very much the bitch at times but I didn't care. I liked her; every mean, bitchy, vulnerable and quirky side of her. Plus even in moments when she was being mean to Seth there was SO much chemistry between them it was obvious how amazing they'd be together. So I was like people can say what they want but I'm choosing to like who I WANT to like and not who is thrust down my throat as "being cool, hip and having EVERYTHING in common with Seth." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] That's what those people who like Anna need to do. Stop worrying about the persons who don't like her and commiserate together about the things you'll like about her. Personally I can't imagine what those things will be but that's just me. I always say, look at Marissa fans. Persons make TONS of negative comments about Marissa here. Hell she has an anti-thread too but I don't see fans of the character getting SO offended or being SO sensitive because gosh, who cares; it's all OPINION. Oh but I forget you can't dare criticize Saint Anna. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Maybe Anna really is an alien transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania. So she says she's from Pittsburg... bull corn. She's definetely just waiting to find a way home. *points up*

Old 02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe Anna really is an alien transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania. So she says she's from Pittsburg... bull corn. She's definetely just waiting to find a way home. *points up*
Hehe--you said bull corn. Ahem...but yes, Anna is a trans-y. A very nasty trans-y. To the gallows with her!
Old 02-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>But Anna isn't solid. In fact she's the opposite of solid. She's liquid. Or plasma.</STRONG>
Vapor.

I personally don't care what people think about this thread. This show is the only one I have to watch every week, and if I want to rant about characters who make me wanna throw stuff at the TV (like Anna and Marissa), I don't see the problem. It's not like we're trying to force our opinions on anyone else. We're not going into the appreciation threads and bashing the character. If someone likes Anna (or Marissa for that matter), more power to 'em. It's my choice not to.

Jen | tumblr
Old 02-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jer][choGirl:
[QB]
Hehe--you said bull corn. QB]
I know. I'm cool like that. Saying dorky things like "bull corn" is solid.

I'm all for "Anna's make up is bad, but her personality is worse," for the next thread title. It shows that even though we enjoy to discuss her bad make up, that that really isn't the only reason we hate her. There are millions of reasons. They just need to read the thread opener.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lleykian:
<STRONG>

Speak on it girl. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I bow down to you. The NYE thing was what really did it for me and when she had the GALL to bring up the guy when she and Seth were telling Summer about them being together. She actually tried to insinuate that Summer was pushing her to get her guy to kiss and that she (Summer)found one in Allan. There is NO way Tinkerbell could say she thought Summer anticipated her going to Seth when barely a few minutes earlier they'd both being agreeing and commiserating about how "over Seth Cohen they both were and how 03 he was." Oh no, she practically foists Summer onto the Tulsa idiot and then play the poor little pitiful girl who's all alone; so she'll go home now and of course her heart couldn't help but make her take a detour to Seth's. Give me a FREAKING break.

Personally I am BAFFLED by persons getting bothered by people not liking a FICTIONAL character. WTF? I honestly don't get that. I remember when the show premiered over the summer. I couldn't go to any forum without seeing comments like "dummer" or "whore" to describe Summer. I could care less. Yes there's no question she'd been mean to Seth at times and she was very much the bitch at times but I didn't care. I liked her; every mean, bitchy, vulnerable and quirky side of her. Plus even in moments when she was being mean to Seth there was SO much chemistry between them it was obvious how amazing they'd be together. So I was like people can say what they want but I'm choosing to like who I WANT to like and not who is thrust down my throat as "being cool, hip and having EVERYTHING in common with Seth." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] That's what those people who like Anna need to do. Stop worrying about the persons who don't like her and commiserate together about the things you'll like about her. Personally I can't imagine what those things will be but that's just me. I always say, look at Marissa fans. Persons make TONS of negative comments about Marissa here. Hell she has an anti-thread too but I don't see fans of the character getting SO offended or being SO sensitive because gosh, who cares; it's all OPINION. Oh but I forget you can't dare criticize Saint Anna. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I completely agree with your whole post. You do such a great job summing things up.

Why is it the minute I leave everyone starts posting? God hates me.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

I'm all for "Anna's make up is bad, but her personality is worse," for the next thread title. It shows that even though we enjoy to discuss her bad make up, that that really isn't the only reason we hate her. There are millions of reasons. They just need to read the thread opener.</STRONG>
That would be an awesome title--I love it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Why is it the minute I leave everyone starts posting? God hates me.
Awww, **holds you** lol
Old 02-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Aww, Mary. God doesn't hate you. We just wait till we know you're gone to post.

Kidding.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Aww, Mary. God doesn't hate you. We just wait till we know you're gone to post.

Kidding.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Shh, Megan, don't tell her! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

I'm all for "Anna's make up is bad, but her personality is worse," for the next thread title. It shows that even though we enjoy to discuss her bad make up, that that really isn't the only reason we hate her. There are millions of reasons. They just need to read the thread opener.</STRONG>
I love that thread title! Plus it'll piss off the Tinkerbells! I love it! :evil_grin:
.Bianca.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread