Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Because they know what brings in the best ratings. If LP would be so great, they wouldn't use SP for sweeps.
lol if you kinda ignore my plethora of ? and ! signs I think you'd find my question to be kinda rhetorical. SP centric episodes are written for and air during sweeps because, yes, like you said (and whether people ship them or anyone else or no one in particular) TPTB, the network and the general audience know where the funny is at and that's essentially in SP-scenes and SP-centric episodes ... and this has been pretty clear from the get-go made even more clear in S2 and let's be honest here this many people (it is my understanding the internet fandom's pretty big and the pair already gathers plenty of media attention -without being anywhere near canon-) wouldn't ship them if they weren't funny together or had an immense amount of chemistry and potential to be exploited.
Yasmin
Old 01-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
they smear themselves with their lack of chemistry, poor writing and overall lack of comedic appeal.
I couldn't say it better so amen

There's also a difference between complaining about a couple (fiction) and complaining about shippers (real people). Just saying

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo (View Post)
I couldn't say it better so amen

There's also a difference between complaining about a couple (fiction) and complaining about shippers (real people). Just saying
I will be honest, SP doesn't bother me, but some fans do I'm just being honest
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's funny that LP fans complain about the SP fans, yet most of the time only the LP fans make personal comments about the SP fans.

Quote:
f you kinda ignore my plethora of ? and ! signs I think you'd find my question to be kinda rhetorical.
I know, I just thought it'd be good to point that out.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
LP fans make personal comments about the SP fans.
Take that as a compliment

I'm just being honest

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Okay, I hate it when people say something about some people but don't name them, I mean, is that supposed to be a secret? Then you just shut up, or you give the names and people can solve their problems face to face, it's far better than this teasing, and this goes for everyone here, also, solve it through PM, not through personal attack in a Spoilers thread, the only thing you guys are spoiling here is each other's mood.

There, I said it.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinha (View Post)
Okay, I hate it when people say something about some people but don't name them, I mean, is that supposed to be a secret? Then you just shut up, or you give the names and people can solve their problems face to face, it's far better than this teasing, and this goes for everyone here, also, solve it through PM, not through personal attack in a Spoilers thread, the only thing you guys are spoiling here is each other's mood.

There, I said it.
I agree!
I barely don't come here anymore. This thread is awful...
You have to search thru pages and pages before finding an actual "REAL" spolier or teaser about the next episode. The few lines about what the next epi will be gets lost in pages of bad comments.
It's just pages and pages of attacks on BOTH parts, BOTH parts btw!
...and it's like this because, as you said, this spoilers thread really seem to be about SPOILING eachother's mood...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Banned

I don't understand why we have to be picked on just because we happen to dislike LP. If people could skip the personal attacks, this place would be much more civilized. And no offense but when you ship a couple that is prone to criticism, it's a good idea to develop a thicker skin.

Quote:
such a compliment for the show. wow.
What does L/P have to do with the overall show? I love the show but dislike this element of it. No writing on any show is perfect, lol.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Guys, enough. This thread is getting a bit out of hand. There is no need to have page after page devoted to LP versus SP and constant back and forth about each other. Get back to spoilers because this thread is not the place for shipper wars.

Thanks.

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Supreme Fan

So I'm trying for tickets today...

☆Krys ☆
Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Take that as a compliment
Exactly! No hard feelings
We are ALL frustrated here, from both sides. This thread is not always a nice place.
diamondmolls
I think we need a change of policy in this thread. We clearly have a shipper war going on, so IMO it would be better to not allow shipper related talk in this thread AT ALL.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

How are we supposed not to talk about ships, when many spoilers are about LP or SP? The ship talks are not a problem, the problem is when people get personal.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Supreme Fan

I GOT TICKETS!!!!

☆Krys ☆
Old 01-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

Don't talk about shipper related stuff? So okay, when we get SP or LP related information we pretend it never happened? LOL. Yeah right....
Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaguffi (View Post)
diamondmolls
I think we need a change of policy in this thread. We clearly have a shipper war going on, so IMO it would be better to not allow shipper related talk in this thread AT ALL.
Actually, that is not going to happen.

You guys should really know better by now. Chill out and take a step back.

Learn to discuss spoilers and speculations for this show respectfully and considerately, or further action will be taken against the offending posters and regarding this thread.

It's that simple.

(PS) Thanks for stepping in while I was offline, Molly.