Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VU&NICO
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU.....that's what I strongly believe too...

Hee Hee I love you too!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

No, I agree. He is really lifeless lately. He just looks extremely bored and like he wants to go home. I was actually impressed with Topher. He's still giving what's left of "Eric" into the character. I would think that knowing that it's his last few episodes he's be like "whatever... to hell with it" but he's not too shabby. Donna is lifeless too, but I think that's more due to writing than Laura's acting.

I have to disagree with Mila though. She looks just as bored in my opinion. Maybe it's because Jackie has hardly any lines and when she does it some stupid shallow comment, but it just looks like Mila is waiting for them to call cut. I noticed it most in the car show episode and even last night.

I know what you mean about wanting Jackie to be with someone else though. So long as it is NOT Kelso, maybe it'll kickstart that recently lifeless relationship.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

They all kind of suck, though, overrall.

It reminds of that last scene in Eric and Kitty's Night Out...

"You seem very removed..."

"No, I'm good."

"Really? You just...I don't know, you seem removed."

I know that isn't verbatim but that's basically how they all are now.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if the the writers had progressed ALL the storylines along naturally as far as the relationships, platonic and otherwise if the actors would be still be bored with the show.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Addicted Fan

I was talking about it with JenC last night...yeah, they seem AWKWARD together now...and if I didn't know they're like BEST FRIENDS, I'd say that Mila and Danny are like this because or they hate each other or they just had sex together...or BOTH!

Don't dream it...be it
Television man is crazy saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks, man I need TV when I got T.Rex?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VU&NICO
I was talking about it with JenC last night...yeah, they seem AWKWARD together now...and if I didn't know they're like BEST FRIENDS, I'd say that Mila and Danny are like this because or they hate each other or they just had sex together...or BOTH!
Sex ruins everything.

Yeah, all the cast looks like they'd rather be doing anything...getting a root canal or giving birth then being there reciting those crap arse lines.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenC
I was actually impressed with Topher. He's still giving what's left of "Eric" into the character.
Me too. I leave with a lot of respect for Topher. For all the crap the guy gets for "not caring," he puts in so much. And he still gives off a lot of Eric for what is possible in these weak, exaggerated lines. Just another example of the way he takes himself seriously.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie75
Me too. I leave with a lot of respect for Topher. For all the crap the guy gets for "not caring," he puts in so much. And he still gives off a lot of Eric for what is possible in these weak, exaggerated lines. Just another example of the way he takes himself seriously.
Amen! I totally agree. Topher, in my opinion, has never faltered. He always puts in everything into his character & I commend him for that. Everyone else always looks like they want to go home. There's no passion perceived. I don't get the sense that the others care. They want their paycheck...and that's all.

/JMO.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah Topher and Kurtwood (and Luke, naturally) were my favorites last night.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

It could be the writing that is making the actors lifeless. If an actor doesn't have anything significant to play or at least some really funny lines, then I can see them becoming detached from the situation. Also, maybe the writers have been concentrating so much on Eric's good-bye storyline that they don't have time for the other characters. Hopefully, once the new season begins (minus Topher and Ashton), the other 4 will get the lines they deserve (and some quality J/H stuff).
Old 04-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo
It could be the writing that is making the actors lifeless. If an actor doesn't have anything significant to play or at least some really funny lines, then I can see them becoming detached from the situation. Also, maybe the writers have been concentrating so much on Eric's good-bye storyline that they don't have time for the other characters. Hopefully, once the new season begins (minus Topher and Ashton), the other 4 will get the lines they deserve (and some quality J/H stuff).

But it doesn't make a lick of sense to sacrifice decent storylines for part of your cast for two actors that are leaving. Hell, they're leaving...and that's not to say they shouldn't have good storylines as well, but if the ones who are left have been ignored...leaving the audience feeling disconnected from them...then why all of a sudden should we just be overjoyed to see what happens with them next?

TPTB, writers, producers...whomever, stopped playing to what had become a strength to this show. Continual balanced storylines. I understand that they wanted to try and ride Ashton's and Topher's popularity outside of the show to ratings glory...and that would have been fine if they hadn't forgotten about a big, huge draw (J/H) Fez and how hilarious he can be...even on his own. Oh, and not turning Kitty into a raging, proud alcoholic.

Now, even if we get all J/H we can stand next season, it's a too little, too late.

Mutha*****'s!!!!

Last edited by Darbi; 04-28-2005 at 12:42 PM
Old 04-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I read the first post, and it says that T7S is coming back next year... but then in a mag I read that they are not coming back, and this is the end of the series. Please, someone help me figure out which is which?

What does the non-conformist hates worse than a conformist? Another non-conformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of non-conformity.
Missed LOST this week? - UPDATED April 24th 2005
Love Charmed?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

its the the end of the series as in season finale NOT the end of the show, it might have meant that well it had to coz we've been left with a painful cliffhanger!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks. I was very confused. LOL

What does the non-conformist hates worse than a conformist? Another non-conformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of non-conformity.
Missed LOST this week? - UPDATED April 24th 2005
Love Charmed?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi
But it doesn't make a lick of sense to sacrifice decent storylines for part of your cast for two actors that are leaving. Hell, they're leaving...and that's not to say they shouldn't have good storylines as well, but if the ones who are left have been ignored...leaving the audience feeling disconnected from them...then why all of a sudden should we just be overjoyed to see what happens with them next?

TPTB, writers, producers...whomever, stopped playing to what had become a strength to this show. Continual balanced storylines. I understand that they wanted to try and ride Ashton's and Topher's popularity outside of the show to ratings glory...and that would have been fine if they hadn't forgotten about a big, huge draw (J/H) Fez and how hilarious he can be...even on his own. Oh, and not turning Kitty into a raging, proud alcoholic.

Now, even if we get all J/H we can stand next season, it's a too little, too late.

Mutha*****'s!!!!

IMO that is exactly what the writers have done for the past 2 seasons Darbi.........abandon the other storylines to capitalize on the popularity of Topher and Ashton and I know that it has become a broken record but it is the truth. From the moment season 6 started the J/H reunion was rushed, Fez's marriage to Laurie (even with the pitiful replacement actress) has been all but forgotten, Jackie's mother coming to town seemed to be thrown together just so everyone could say ohhhh Brooke Shields was here, even Midge's return didn't lead to anything, Red and Kitty were only regulated to try and forward D/E wedding (that didn't happen) without them having their own storyline. So one speculation for the lazy acting and bored looks could be the actors revenge for being shoved aside with nothing to do and really what have they been given? Nothing of any substance at all. I just hope that when the 8th season starts that hopefully they will be ready to get back into the show.

Plus your right Darbi from the message boards it does seem like fans are ready to give up especially the J/H fans.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread