Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Switched at Birth S&S #5: Prom? A cliffhanger? We are ready!

Welcome to the 5th thread for

Switched at Birth, a new drama airing on ABC Family,
is about two teenage girls who discover that they were accidentally
switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy
family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who
lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up
with a single mother and grandmother in a working-class neighborhood.
Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle
to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

Season One:

1x19 "Game On Airing: Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bay gets stuck in the middle of Emmet’s custody battle, while Daphne participates in a basketball game that has Carlton and Buckner facing off.

1x20 The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters Airing: Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kathryn and Regina team up to try and find Angelo, while Bay and Daphne team up on a birthday present for Emmett.

1x21 Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time Airing: Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In the winter finale, Bay discovers a secret Emmett was hiding.

The show has officially been picked up for an additional 22 episodes,
making this the first series on ABC Family to have a 32 episode 1st season.

Source

Characters/Cast:

Daphne Vasquez________________________________Bay Kennish
Katie Leclerc __________________________________Vanessa Marano

Regina Vasquez___________________________Kathryn Kennish
Constance Marie________________________________Lea Thompson

Toby Kennish_______________________________John Kennish
Lucas Grabeel____________________________________D.W. Moffett

Emmett Bledsoe
Sean Berdy

2011 Teen Choice Awards

Choice Breakout Star
Katie Leclerc

Choice Breakout Star
Sean Berdy

Choice Summer TV Show
Switched at Birth

Choice Summer TV Star: Male
Lucas Grabeel

Choice Summer TV Star: Female
Vanessa Marano

Vote Here

Promos/Sneak Peeks:

Promo:

Sneak Peak Pictures for 1x19

Coming Soon!

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!!!

I'm glad they seem good in that sneak peek. I understood Emmett feeling jealous, but at the same time, it was handled badly. But I have to say handled badly on both parts.

I'm also guessing Bay's dilemma has to do with Emmett's custody situation and she probably sees him spiraling again. Where the heck is he in that promo with the fireplace? It looks like there's a pool in the background and it certainly is not either of his homes. The Kennishes'? Maybe he freaks out and Bay decides to testify on Melody's behalf?

I don't know. Emmett is definitely signing with Cameron. My spec is that Cameron has decided to let Melody have full custody or to at least let Emmett move back, because you see Emmett ask either "why?" or "what?" in the promo.

And clearly he doesn't handle that well -- cut to fireplace scene.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Addicted Fan

I didn't even think about the possibility that Cameron would let Melody have full custody. While probably for the best, it is sad.

I don't think that is Kennishes. I have no idea where he is with the fireplace.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!!!

I'm glad they seem good in that sneak peek. I understood Emmett feeling jealous, but at the same time, it was handled badly. But I have to say handled badly on both parts.

I'm also guessing Bay's dilemma has to do with Emmett's custody situation and she probably sees him spiraling again. Where the heck is he in that promo with the fireplace? It looks like there's a pool in the background and it certainly is not either of his homes. The Kennishes'? Maybe he freaks out and Bay decides to testify on Melody's behalf?

I don't know. Emmett is definitely signing with Cameron. My spec is that Cameron has decided to let Melody have full custody or to at least let Emmett move back, because you see Emmett ask either "why?" or "what?" in the promo.

And clearly he doesn't handle that well -- cut to fireplace scene.
Wow, you could be right on Bay testifying on Melody's behalf, that would be intense but who knows honesty, I've gotten better at realizing who's in the promos and I know it's cameron emmett is signing to
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean0002 (View Post)
I didn't even think about the possibility that Cameron would let Melody have full custody. While probably for the best, it is sad.

I don't think that is Kennishes. I have no idea where he is with the fireplace.
Maybe he broke into a house.

I don't know. I think that Cameron is telling Emmett that it's best for him to go live with Melody and of course, Emmett feels abandoned.

I just want to get to the finale, and I'm sure the secret about Emmett will come out beforehand. I don't think EB will end on a cliffhanger.

I also hope we get some sweet Ebay scenes in ep 21, Emmett's birthday episode with Bay and Daphne making him a zombie film.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

tftnt. <333 What's new?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Addicted Fan

According to katie, the teen story lines wrapped up in prom and the adult stories are left uneasy and a cliff hanger
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

New episode description via Abcfamilymedianet

Quote:
DAPHNE IS NERVOUS ABOUT THE BIG BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT AND EMMETT MAKES A CRITICAL MISTAKE THAT COULD END HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH BAY
ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF “SWITCHED AT BIRTH,”
AIRING TUESDAY, MARCH 6 AT 8:00 ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Academy Award® Winner Marlee Matlin, Shelley Long (“Cheers,” “Modern Family”) and Maiara Walsh (“Desperate Housewives,” “Mean Girls 2”) Guest Star

Burbank, CA (March 1, 2012) – Daphne is nervous and excited about playing in the basketball tournament for Carlton against Buckner Hall while Emmett makes a mistake that could destroy his relationship with Bay forever, in an all-new episode of “Switched at Birth” on ABC Family, airing Tuesday, March 6 at 8:00PM ET/PT.

In “Game On,” Daphne is nervous about the basketball tournament with Carlton vs. Buckner Hall, although she’s excited to represent the deaf community and Carlton and hopes to make them all proud. Meanwhile, Melody puts Bay in an awkward position when she asks her to testify in Emmett’s custody hearing. Emmett, frustrated by all the drama with his parents divorce, makes a bad decision that could potentially destroy his relationship with Bay. Kathyrn meets with a NY book editor, Rya Bellows (Shelley Long), to discuss publishing her biography regarding the switch. And, Regina questions whether she should continue seeing Patrick, who seems unfamiliar with dating a single mother.

“Switched at Birth” is executive-produced by Lizzy Weiss (“Blue Crush”), Paul Stupin (“Make It or Break It”) and John Ziffren (“Melissa & Joey,” “Make It or Break It”). The series also stars Katie Leclerc as Daphne Vasquez; Vanessa Marano (“Gilmore Girls”) as Bay Kennish; Constance Marie (“George Lopez”) as Regina Vasquez; D.W. Moffett (“Friday Night Lights”) as John Kennish; Lea Thompson (“Back to the Future,” “Caroline in the City”) as Kathryn Kennish; Lucas Grabeel (“High School Musical”) as Toby Kennish; and Sean Berdy as Emmett Bledsoe. Marlee Matlin guest stars as Melody Bledsoe, Shelley Long guest stars as Rya Bellows, Maiara Walsh as Simone, Anthony Natale as Cameron Bledsoe, T.L. Forsberg as Olivia, Christopher Wiehl as Patrick Beemer,
Well, I think I know what Emmett's secret is. There's a picture of him and Simone talking and in the promo Emmett seems to be in a house when he hits his hand. My guess is? Since Simone is totally evil and Emmett is upset about his parents' divorce and the situation going on that the two of them hook up.

I don't think Bay will find out until the end of the prom episode which is why they are "blissfully happy," because Bay thinks all is good and Emmett's trying to make up for his wrongdoing. In the interview with Vanessa, she said Emmett leaves Bay on the dance floor to go talk with Daphne; is it possible Simone told Daphne?

Ugh. I hope that's not it but I don't know what else could ruin his relationship with Bay (and they use the word forever) if it's not cheating. As for why Simone does it, maybe Toby breaks up with her in this episode and she loses the basketball game and she wants to get back at both Bay (because Emmett is her boyfriend) and Daphne (because Emmett is her best friend) and at Toby?

Bleh. I will not support that relationship if he sleeps with Simone or does anything with Simone, but Simone and Emmett haven't interacted so why have them interact now if it's not something big? I had a bad feeling when I saw that photo of Simone and Emmett.

It's kind of annoying to be honest. It's one thing to test a couple to see if they're meant to be but really? Cheating is just...yeah. I don't think it can't be worked through, but I'd rather have Bay break up with him if he does that.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Addicted Fan

If that is what happens, I don't even know what to say. That is the way to ruin any couple, by making one of them cheat. They can't destroy my BE!!!

I am upset right now. Please not let this be what happens!!

Here are the Episode stills:

http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/switch.../935733/935723

Last edited by Clean0002; 03-01-2012 at 01:30 PM
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
New episode description via Abcfamilymedianet

Well, I think I know what Emmett's secret is. There's a picture of him and Simone talking and in the promo Emmett seems to be in a house when he hits his hand. My guess is? Since Simone is totally evil and Emmett is upset about his parents' divorce and the situation going on that the two of them hook up.

I don't think Bay will find out until the end of the prom episode which is why they are "blissfully happy," because Bay thinks all is good and Emmett's trying to make up for his wrongdoing. In the interview with Vanessa, she said Emmett leaves Bay on the dance floor to go talk with Daphne; is it possible Simone told Daphne?

Ugh. I hope that's not it but I don't know what else could ruin his relationship with Bay (and they use the word forever) if it's not cheating. As for why Simone does it, maybe Toby breaks up with her in this episode and she loses the basketball game and she wants to get back at both Bay (because Emmett is her boyfriend) and Daphne (because Emmett is her best friend) and at Toby?

Bleh. I will not support that relationship if he sleeps with Simone or does anything with Simone, but Simone and Emmett haven't interacted so why have them interact now if it's not something big? I had a bad feeling when I saw that photo of Simone and Emmett.

It's kind of annoying to be honest. It's one thing to test a couple to see if they're meant to be but really? Cheating is just...yeah. I don't think it can't be worked through, but I'd rather have Bay break up with him if he does that.
Oh my god NO! I knew that picture of Simone with Emmett was bad.I'll tell you right now, if Emmett cheats on Bay, really cheating on her, I'm DONE! Emmett would be ruined for me and I'd want Bay to dump Emmett immediately.

Okay, Deep breath people! You know they love to get people to tune in, the promos and the spoilers are meant to deceive you. Perhaps its not as bad as we think, I don't buy Emmett having sex with Simone, he loves Bay with all his heart! BUT, I do see Simone trying to manipulate the situation and try and get Emmett to do something, like get him drunk? And perhaps they make out in a hotel room or something, that is pretty big! Say only making out happened in a hotel room, I'd have a hard time believing that only kissing happened. That is enough to end a relationship or doubt the other party.

Simone is one evil bitch, I can tell you that much, she assumed both bay and daphne were talking about her to toby but I don't think she believed him, if toby breaks it off, perhaps she'll think it was bay's doing and go after Emmett

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 03-01-2012 at 01:43 PM
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Well ew, I'll continue to root for EBay if that's what happens, but I can honestly say my shipping won't be quite as avid. They were written so well in the first 10, I think it was a mistake to give them this much angst with freaking cheating as a cherry on top of the angst sundae!!

I've been reading lots of places other than here and it's not just us who's annoyed with all the fighting between EBay, a lot of people are. EBay is a big draw for this show imo, if he cheats on her I see a lot of people not caring as much sadly.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe it's just set up to look like he did or he comes close to cheating? Who knows maybe it something completely different, but yeah I saw that picture with Simone. I agree she's involved somehow. Yeah now I'm worried about that.

I'm not sure if Daphne and the team win though. It seemed like in that clip in the locker room that they lost.

Thank you for bringing the episode description over!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread