Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmian (View Post)
man, if they knock her up ... skins, ffs, stop recyling storylines! ugh.

i hope cook gave her chlamydia *snort*
This is why i wouldn't be fussed if skins didn't return for a series 5, because i really don't see what they can do next. They've covered a lot over the last 4 series and even then the storylines were repeated a lot.

It's not like heroes, where anything is possible, making the storylines inexhaustable.

ETA: Maybe Katie finds out she can't have kids
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Doesn't JJ have the baby storyline? We don't really need another. Maybe it's something we're not thinking of.

Would like to see more of the Fitches, the twins, some comedic moments, and hopefully some N/E drama so I'm looking forward to this eppy!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Uh oh you normally only put sensible beside one medical situation and it's usually pregnancy. Hopefully I am wrong as that would be very boring as we will already have a single mum this series in JJ's GF and it was done in the first generation not that only one girl can ever get pregnant but still
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm thinking of it and I don't think it's pregnancy. I just don't think it is.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_Symmetry (View Post)
I'm thinking of it and I don't think it's pregnancy. I just don't think it is.
yeah, pregnancy would be too obvious, but then again so was naomi cheating so...

ETA: Aww emsy gonna be an auntie. If katie has a kid, i hope it is a ghey
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just don't let them kill Katie that would suck although we know she is in it up until episode 7 so it would hav to be a quick death nd someone has already died so that wont happen. Maybe Katie has an STD as well lol??

Why write sensible Katie?? When has Katie ever been sensible lol
Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The way they called her sensible does point to a pregnancy because that's the most "shocking" thing for a sensible person. And sensible isn't really the way you'd generally describe Katie but ugh, do not want that all! Especially if it's with that random guy from Emily's ep, lol. It would be so lame and unoriginal. At least we know it's not life threatening news because she's partying in the finale! Pregnancy > death.

And if the Fitches are kicked out.. where are they going to go? Katie and Jenna aren't round at Naomi's asking for a place to crash are they?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

That episode isn't supposed to be as dark so maybe it's not anything serious. Pregnancy is just DNW, but Skins repeats stories... they just do it in different ways.

And awww about the Prescott twins being captivating. That's so true. I think that's what I'll love the most about the episode, the twins interactions.

Quote:
Maybe Katie has an STD as well lol??
LOL Freddie did it

Quote:
Katie and Jenna aren't round at Naomi's asking for a place to crash are they?

I think Kate and Jenna at Naomi's is probably part of the "Katie persuades them to mend bridges with Emily,"
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

I honestly have no idea what to think of that review. Katie having medical issues? The Fitch family out on the streets? Katie being sensible?

I feel like the whole thing is misleading, really. Either that or we're not seeing the big picture so it just sounds totally strange.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

i actually feel like katie could easily be sensible. she just doesn't try to be
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM
New Fan

Does anyone happen to know what the Radio Times said about Cook's episode btw? I don't remeber seeing anything about it here.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely think Katie is quite sensible, I mean she's hardly crazy and off the rails. I just don't think that would really be the way you'd generally describe her? I don't know, I just can't think of what other medical news would be "shocking" and she'd need to tell her family about, but just doesn't tell them because of them getting kicked out onto the streets..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless (View Post)
Does anyone happen to know what the Radio Times said about Cook's episode btw? I don't remeber seeing anything about it here.
Nothing, I looked last week but they didn't put it in the Pick of the Day section where the longer reviews come from. So it was just in the regular listings and had the one sentence about him being charged with GBH.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLover (View Post)
Because it's SKINS Antiquity I totally have a skins mother..and father for that matter, and look how i turned out *does booty dance*

I'm over the cheating, but the only way for my heart to be completely healed is if Naomi pursues emily time and time again and gets turned down. THEN and only THEN can Naomi mope for a bit (because she THINKS she's done everything to get emily back and has lost the love of her life) Then she can make the grand gesture in the finale, once realizing that she's not taking no for an answer.

And i hope the grand gesture isn't Naomi singing to emily, professing her love, in a room full of ppl. That would be lame!! The NE fans are watching Naomi and emily's storyline like hawks now, and we're analyzing everything for character consistency and whether what happens is realistic, contrived etc...

There's only a few paths the storyline can go down which will satifsy the fans if Naomi and emily end up together at the end (which they will) so i hope the writers do it correctly.

I'm so excited for Cook's ep. I love that boy probably to an unhealthy extent. Jack seems cool too.
THIS. I wnat Naomi to do something selfless for Emiy. It would be a good way to show she has grown and puts the people she loves in front of her own needs and thatshe wants the best for Emily.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh and this is from Heat, although it's not really anything new:

Quote:
While Emily has been testing the joys of lesbian love with Naomi, what of twin sister Katie? She started Series 3 as a hideous monster, but as they often do in Skins, the writers have added layers to her and she's now much more complicated. This is her episode, as she helps her mum organise a WAG wedding, and it's fab.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 AM
New Fan

The 'joys of lesbian love' LOL. Couldn't they have just written 'joys of love'? Why always make a distinction? Like, seriously, we get that she's super gay, which is apparently still amazingly controversial for some reason, but we don't need a word pointing in that direction in every sentence just in case we might have mistaken her and Naomi for a normal couple, while they are actually racy lesbian lovers.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread