Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2017, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

I guess a few things were leaked from ET and wondercon today for ep 10

I like Betty's sweater for the bday party lol

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 03-31-2017 at 08:32 PM
Old 03-31-2017, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

It seems during the panel RAS teased that we will be seeing Jughead's Mom and Hiram Lodge in future episodes, one sooner rather than later. RAS seemed very hopeful we will see Jellybean in Season 2. Plus when asked if Sabrina is in Season 2? RAS said no comment.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
It seems during the panel RAS teased that we will be seeing Jughead's Mom and Hiram Lodge in future episodes, one sooner rather than later. RAS seemed very hopeful we will see Jellybean in Season 2. Plus when asked if Sabrina is in Season 2? RAS said no comment.
He also said they decided to do an ABJ triangle instead of BAV. Not sure if he said why he
Old 03-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
He also said they decided to do an ABJ triangle instead of BAV. Not sure if he said why he
Def saw that coming. Maybe he didn't want the two girls to be at odds, and since A/J arent as close as they used to be; it's easier? But hasn't two boys over a girl been done enough? Or maybe they didn't want to piss off the B/V fans? Who knows.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Def saw that coming. Maybe he didn't want the two girls to be at odds, and since A/J arent as close as they used to be; it's easier? But hasn't two boys over a girl been done enough? Or maybe they didn't want to piss off the B/V fans? Who knows.
I personally think they did it because two boys over a girl is more popular. But we can argue that triangles are so semi universally hated to the point where either way they decided to go would've flopped.

Months ago my prediction was that either this triangle would replace BAV in the show (as if it was ever really a thing beyond the pilot), or that Jughead would back off so that BAV could finally be focused on. I leaned more towards the former since I thought Jughead is too popular for them to not put him in a triangle.

And I don't really think the JA friendship is tainted. They called each other brothers this week and they have had more scenes together than BV, who hardly bond enough for me to even consider them best friends yet. If any friendship isn't at that level of closeness yet it's BV, while JA is the strongest in the show which will make this triangle unbearable to watch.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I personally think they did it because two boys over a girl is more popular. But we can argue that triangles are so semi universally hated to the point where either way they decided to go would've flopped.

Months ago my prediction was that either this triangle would replace BAV in the show (as if it was ever really a thing beyond the pilot), or that Jughead would back off so that BAV could finally be focused on. I leaned more towards the former since I thought Jughead is too popular for them to not put him in a triangle.

And I don't really think the JA friendship is tainted. They called each other brothers this week and they have had more scenes together than BV, who hardly bond enough for me to even consider them best friends yet. If any friendship isn't at that level of closeness yet it's BV, while JA is the strongest in the show which will make this triangle unbearable to watch.
I know theoritically JA are the strongest friendship, but they've had Archie acting so questionable around Jughead that I am not really going to care. I don't know the whole he realizes his feelings cause his friend is dating Betty is such a ****boy move.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Completely agree.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Or maybe the real incest isn't Cheryl/Jason, but Jason/Polly...
BINGO! I really think this is the big Hal Cooper secret and why he wanted Polly to get rid of the baby.

ETA: I don't think the JA friendship has been the same since the summer and Archie ditched Jughead for Grundy. They are trying to repair it and have really good bonding moments like the brothers moment and Archie being supportive of Juggie in 107. Plus, they have their own issues and underlying tension with their dads and FP's and Fred's conflict. And that has nothing to do with Betty. I just don't think Jughead fully trusts Archie anymore and that's probably smart of him considering Archie's simmering jealousy that causes him to act out in passive aggressive ways. IMO, if we have to do a triangle this one is richer in history with more potential and possibilities.

Last edited by Poligirl25; 04-01-2017 at 07:09 AM
Old 04-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Yea, not a fan of this triangle or the switch. It's going to hurt all their friendships. Plus, what is the point of the time they've spent on Archie/Veronica? Granted, there hasn't been a ton of build up...but there's been noticeable interactions.

I'm also feeling uneasy about this bday party. It looks like Juggie is nowhere to be found. A party wouldn't be his scene, especially if they're all getting messed up. He's seen enough of that with his dad. I just need Jughead to catch a break!
Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Yea, not a fan of this triangle or the switch. It's going to hurt all their friendships. Plus, what is the point of the time they've spent on Archie/Veronica? Granted, there hasn't been a ton of build up...but there's been noticeable interactions.

I'm also feeling uneasy about this bday party. It looks like Juggie is nowhere to be found. A party wouldn't be his scene, especially if they're all getting messed up. He's seen enough of that with his dad. I just need Jughead to catch a break!
yeah the idea of him being roadkill in the path of doing a legit BAV triangle irks me.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

What's the point of any of Archie's 4 love interests lately? But leads sometimes have a serious love interest outside of their triangles so I get it. I think they kind of have to subtly build up A/Ver since eventually A/B might not last long once it happens.

He's at the party. There's a picture of him there with Ethel

If the incest is Polly/Jason then I don't get why Alice wasn't on board with the abortion either. Either way it's Polly's choice and not theirs but, that thought still confuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poligirl25 (View Post)
ETA: I don't think the JA friendship has been the same since the summer and Archie ditched Jughead for Grundy. They are trying to repair it and have really good bonding moments like the brothers moment and Archie being supportive of Juggie in 107. Plus, they have their own issues and underlying tension with their dads and FP's and Fred's conflict. And that has nothing to do with Betty. I just don't think Jughead fully trusts Archie anymore and that's probably smart of him considering Archie's simmering jealousy that causes him to act out in passive aggressive ways. IMO, if we have to do a triangle this one is richer in history with more potential and possibilities.
I've seen no signs that he doesn't trust Archie, so I disagree. I think their relationship is strong, whatever happened last summer hasn't even been mentioned again and Jughead didn't really seem pissed off with Archie for telling Betty and Ronnie about his dad. They made up so quickly about that. I think if anything is going to cause a rift between them it'll be Betty
Old 04-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Supreme Fan

I'll be irked by what it does to Betty's character and the boys' friendship. If they give enough time between the two relationships and if Bughead ends due to something besides Archie, I can stomach it better.
I'll still hate it with a passion. But at least it won't make Betty look so OOC, as she hasn't been shown to be pining for Archie so for her to switch back in the finale would be irritating.

Quote:
What's the point of any of Archie's 4 love interests lately? But leads sometimes have a serious love interest outside of their triangles so I get it.
Ha! True, but wait which one is the serious one outside of Betty? Veronica, Val, Cheryl or Grundy? Did I get them all .

And yes, there's the pic with Ethel, but I think he leaves the party. It was spoiled that a male leaves (storms out???).
Old 04-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
If the incest is Polly/Jason then I don't get why Alice wasn't on board with the abortion either. Either way it's Polly's choice and not theirs but, that thought still confuses me.

I don't think Alice knows yet. But she's going to find out. Possibly why she's throwing a brick at Hal in the 109 promo. Also, Jughead is supposed to find out some dirt on the Coopers in 110. And RAS recently said they will be tackling the incest issue head-on in 110 but probably not in the way we expect (the C/J Twincest). I wonder if Jughead finds this out but agrees to keep it a secret and that's one of the reasons why Alice softens towards him?

Regarding the ABJ triangle, I think there's a chance it won't be your typical triangle with Betty torn over which guy she loves. RAS, Cole and Lili have all described Archie's jealousy as more of a friendship jealousy. And at the panel yesterday, RAS described it more in terms of this best friendship between the three of them. The roles are shifting and Archie is no longer at the center of it and I don't think he knows how to deal with that. Maybe it's just because I do not want the BAV triangle, but I am not hating this idea without seeing it first. Maybe Archie thinks his feelings are romantic but at the end realizes it's more about him and his fear over losing his role in this three-way friendship.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

^wrt to the incest-- exactly I think this is a secret that Alice doesn't know. She and Hal were high school sweethearts who've been together forever. She probably doesn't even know about his infidelity, much less that he's the Blossom twins probable baby-daddy. It would explain so much.

Of course, it could turn out that the feud was really about maple syrup all along.

Quote:
I imagine him out in the yard alone, avoiding the crowd. Coming across a stray pup he names Hot Dog. I just hope he gets a little enjoyment out of the evening. I mean, his girlfriend is throwing him a party and wearing his crown on her shirt. How can that not make him happy?!

ETA: I translate the current triangle as J<--A-->B rather than J-->B<--A.

Meaning, Archie loves both Jughead and Betty and was the closest person to each of them... until they connected with each other and started sharing things amongst themselves. Archie doesn't want to lose either of his best friends. But, yeah, at some point, he probably will think his feelings for Betty are romantic, but that time isn't right now. So far, I haven't seen legit jealousy from Archie, just a general discomfort when it comes to seeing Bughead as a couple.

Last edited by firewall; 04-01-2017 at 10:23 AM
Old 04-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I think that's the perfect descriptor for the triangle at this point. I'm going to try to remember to call it J/A/B
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)

I imagine him out in the yard alone, avoiding the crowd. Coming across a stray pup he names Hot Dog. I just hope he gets a little enjoyment out of the evening. I mean, his girlfriend is throwing him a party and wearing his crown on her shirt. How can that not make him happy?!

ETA: I translate the current triangle as J<--A-->B rather than J-->B<--A.

Meaning, Archie loves both Jughead and Betty and was the closest person to each of them... until they connected with each other and started sharing things amongst themselves. Archie doesn't want to lose either of his best friends. But, yeah, at some point, he probably will think his feelings for Betty are romantic, but that time isn't right now. So far, I haven't seen legit jealousy from Archie, just a general discomfort when it comes to seeing Bughead as a couple.
I love this 110 scenario. I can see it now. Jughead leaves the party. Finds Hot Dog who he proceeds to spill all his troubles to. Betty comes looking for him and finds him. Commence Beanie removal and big time vulnerability and opening up between Bughead. And cue my heart

You know, from the comments about Hot Dog at the panel, it does sound like he may be a stray that Jughead (and possibly Betty) will find this season and hopefully adopt in S2.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread