Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2016, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
A part of me doesn't even want Lindsey to come back because she deserves better than this show and they're likely to only ruin her character anyway. No point in even hoping for paily again, not while the writers are too busy pandering to vocal fanbases on twitter.
She'll probably have a total screen time of 5 minutes and come back to town with a lovely pretty girl who either gets herself killed or is revealed to be working for whichever A MK can conjure up this time, Alison comforts her and Paige decides to let's all be friends, convinces Emily she should be with Alison and just as she's about to happily return to offscreen-ville, something horrible happens to her that no-one finds out about and so Emily lives happily ever after with Alison whilst Paige is probably dead

Shippers can hate on Paige as much as they like (calling her a pig and claiming she's the most boring character ever like WTF are you watching) but over the years of glancing through MK's Twitter, she's been one of the characters people have said they want back. Every time she's so much as mentioned on the show tags are lit, and I'm always seeing artciles about her. I could curse MK for dragging me back to this flop show, but I've honestly just missed Lindsey on screen. Like Crystal Reed she's talented and deserves a better career.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Great news about Lindsey's return!

However, Lindsey coming back better be relevant. It's not fair to people who like and support Paige as a character and Emily/Paige as a couple to have her return only to diminish and screw up any sort of reunion between Emily/Paige.

I mean, if MK wanted to keep Emily/Paige dead she should have kept Lindsey away for good. But she's not. However, I don't trust that this means a happy reunion for Emily/Paige. I am going to try and not get my hopes up. I do love that Emily's been single for a while, though, and after thinking about it, I'm not buying any sort of endgame for Emily/Alison that has been speculated by some. I don't think it's happening. I like Emily too much as a character to support her with sociopath, Alison. I'm not buying this Alison transformation either. Even if she is "okay" now, the vast majority of the series she's been a horrible person and that cannot be erased.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about Lindsey's return and what it means for Emily and Paige but I'll keep my expectations low because this is MK we're talking about.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

7x02 promotional photos

Old 06-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Great news about Lindsey's return!

However, Lindsey coming back better be relevant. It's not fair to people who like and support Paige as a character and Emily/Paige as a couple to have her return only to diminish and screw up any sort of reunion between Emily/Paige.

I mean, if MK wanted to keep Emily/Paige dead she should have kept Lindsey away for good. But she's not. However, I don't trust that this means a happy reunion for Emily/Paige. I am going to try and not get my hopes up. I do love that Emily's been single for a while, though, and after thinking about it, I'm not buying any sort of endgame for Emily/Alison that has been speculated by some. I don't think it's happening. I like Emily too much as a character to support her with sociopath, Alison. I'm not buying this Alison transformation either. Even if she is "okay" now, the vast majority of the series she's been a horrible person and that cannot be erased.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about Lindsey's return and what it means for Emily and Paige but I'll keep my expectations low because this is MK we're talking about.

I'm glad that Lindsey is finally for sure coming back. It's been long overdue. But it's hard to get excited when those articles say she's back for two episodes. Only two? What's the point in that? It's not like Paige is the same as Noel or Lucas where them popping up for a few episodes makes sense. Paige has been gone for a long time and we know she and Emily got back together after high school so If Paige is coming back I want her back for the end. I don't know if maybe that's just for the first half and not including 7B but I hope so. Otherwise they're gettin Paige and Paily fans hopes up for nothing. Two episodes isn't going to do much considering mostly likely she will only get two minutes of screen time in each one. I want to be excited but I'm finding it hard. I don't want to get my hopes up anymore if nothing is going to come of her return other then 'Yeah. Here I am. Okay. Bye." That would suck so much. But I don't trust MK.

I have never believed that Alison and Emily would end up together tho. It won't make any sense. Them ending up together after Alison just married a guy and was supposedly so in love with him just sounds like horrible fan fiction to me. Plus Alison has to have some kind of involvement. I don't know exactly what's going on in the storylines at this point but MK can't really end this show with Alison being innocent. There has to be more to it all than that.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

if the article is talking just about 7A, then her coming back for just 2 episodes would make sense. but, eh, who knows at this point. honestly, i'm happy to get her back for just one last hurrah, regardless of how long she's on the show. i made peace with her ****ty write-off and pll's general awfulness years ago. as long as mk & co don't pull a skins on us, i'll just enjoy it for what it is.

i have zero hope for any kind of paily goodness. i'll let myself be pleasantly surprised for anything/everything we may get.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Quote:
"To see a Spencer-Toby wedding would be wonderful ‘cause it’s always so sweet when you marry your childhood sweetheart, high school sweetheart." — Troian Bellisario
X

Quote:
“Our anniversary is the day she got back from shooting the pilot of Pretty Little Liars. She got home and we had our first date together. So the fact that the show is coming to an end this year, and after that we’ll be hopefully be walking to getting married and starting the next chapter of our lives together, it’s pretty cool." - Patrick J Adams

We reached out to Freeform for comment, and they gave us this ominous statement: “This is the end of ‘PLL’ as we know it. This will be a very suspenseful season with reveals nearly each week, like nothing we’ve seen before. There has been no official decision made for ‘PLL’ beyond a season 7.”
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great pics!

Thanks for posting!
Old 06-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

New banner--- feel free to use it

Old 06-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
the show is coming to an end this year
god is real.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sktweety20 (View Post)
New banner--- feel free to use it
Beautiful, and updated the OP.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

At the end of the day, Troian is so over this show but she's not over Spoby. She wants them to get that white picket fence and I think it's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace1793 (View Post)
I'm glad that Lindsey is finally for sure coming back. It's been long overdue. But it's hard to get excited when those articles say she's back for two episodes. Only two? What's the point in that? It's not like Paige is the same as Noel or Lucas where them popping up for a few episodes makes sense. Paige has been gone for a long time and we know she and Emily got back together after high school so If Paige is coming back I want her back for the end. I don't know if maybe that's just for the first half and not including 7B but I hope so. Otherwise they're gettin Paige and Paily fans hopes up for nothing. Two episodes isn't going to do much considering mostly likely she will only get two minutes of screen time in each one. I want to be excited but I'm finding it hard. I don't want to get my hopes up anymore if nothing is going to come of her return other then 'Yeah. Here I am. Okay. Bye." That would suck so much. But I don't trust MK.

I have never believed that Alison and Emily would end up together tho. It won't make any sense. Them ending up together after Alison just married a guy and was supposedly so in love with him just sounds like horrible fan fiction to me. Plus Alison has to have some kind of involvement. I don't know exactly what's going on in the storylines at this point but MK can't really end this show with Alison being innocent. There has to be more to it all than that.
I agree. Until we know more about Lindsey's return I am going to only be cautiously optimistic. I'm hanging onto two things:

1. Emily has been single for a long while which could be interpreted as her not finding anyone close to Paige and what she felt for her.
2. MK really could have forgotten about Paige but she didn't. I am guarded but would be shocked if Paige is only coming back for a short story and then done. It was be unnecessary. Paige isn't like Noel and Jenna who add to the mystery. Paige is there as the only real love interest that mattered to Emily and that better mean something.

Yes, that's the thing... if you watch a show like The 100, I love how Clarke's bisexuality isn't questioned, it just ISSSSSS. It's perfect, there's no conversation about it... it's all about how natural sexuality is whether you're gay, straight, bisexual, transgender, doesn't matter... it's all good and natural.

But with Pretty Little Liars, Alison has never been portrayed as liking girls too. I don't buy what she felt for Emily as real. In fact, just the opposite has taken place. Alison looked like she was using Emily for her benefit and to pin her against the others, nothing more, and we haven't seen her attracted to any other female either. It's always been guys. Of course, that can happen when you like both sexes but you know what I mean. With Alison, the only girl we've seen her romantic with was Emily and it came across as manipulative, not the real deal.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

1. Emily has been single for a long while which could be interpreted as her not finding anyone close to Paige and what she felt for her.
2. MK really could have forgotten about Paige but she didn't. I am guarded but would be shocked if Paige is only coming back for a short story and then done. It was be unnecessary. Paige isn't like Noel and Jenna who add to the mystery. Paige is there as the only real love interest that mattered to Emily and that better mean something.

Yes, that's the thing... if you watch a show like The 100, I love how Clarke's bisexuality isn't questioned, it just ISSSSSS. It's perfect, there's no conversation about it... it's all about how natural sexuality is whether you're gay, straight, bisexual, transgender, doesn't matter... it's all good and natural.

But with Pretty Little Liars, Alison has never been portrayed as liking girls too. I don't buy what she felt for Emily as real. In fact, just the opposite has taken place. Alison looked like she was using Emily for her benefit and to pin her against the others, nothing more, and we haven't seen her attracted to any other female either. It's always been guys. Of course, that can happen when you like both sexes but you know what I mean. With Alison, the only girl we've seen her romantic with was Emily and it came across as manipulative, not the real deal.
Yeah. That's why when I saw it said two episodes I was like...what? She will most likely get a minute or two of screen time in each episode so what will that do? But maybe that's just for 7A. Cause it's also odd that they would bring her back towards the end of the half right before the finale instead of most likely filler episodes like 7x03-7x04. So maybe, hopefully, she will be back in 7B. Plus I can't imagine that JD would allow Paige to come back and not be able to write something for her and Emily and he isn't writing either of those episodes I believe? But I just don't trust the writers anymore. I could see them finding a way to justify bringing her back briefly and then writing her off again. I just hope they don't. It would be such a waste and they would never have done that to Toby, Caleb or Ezra.

As far as I'm concerned I've never seen any true feeling be shown on Alison's side. It's all had that manipulation edge to it instead. Alison has to be one of the bad guys in the end.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace1793 (View Post)
Yeah. That's why when I saw it said two episodes I was like...what? She will most likely get a minute or two of screen time in each episode so what will that do? But maybe that's just for 7A. Cause it's also odd that they would bring her back towards the end of the half right before the finale instead of most likely filler episodes like 7x03-7x04. So maybe, hopefully, she will be back in 7B. Plus I can't imagine that JD would allow Paige to come back and not be able to write something for her and Emily and he isn't writing either of those episodes I believe? But I just don't trust the writers anymore. I could see them finding a way to justify bringing her back briefly and then writing her off again. I just hope they don't. It would be such a waste and they would never have done that to Toby, Caleb or Ezra.

As far as I'm concerned I've never seen any true feeling be shown on Alison's side. It's all had that manipulation edge to it instead. Alison has to be one of the bad guys in the end.
Good point about when she's returning. I want to truly think it bodes well for Emily/Paige fans because I could see her returning and Emily/Paige stirring up romantic feelings again and then Paige leaving and it being open ended until she returns again in 7B or maybe in the series finale for a true endgame reunion with Emily.

It's also too far into the game to finally establish Alison as having true romantic feelings for Emily. Way too much time has gone by and we are on the last season. We have seen absolutely nada to indicate she has true romantic feelings for Emily. Not even a slight moment showing she does. There's not enough time and the story/character goes against us ever seeing a drastic change. Even if there is an attempt, it won't be believable.

Yes, I think MK is smart enough to know she has to be sensitive to the Emily/Paige fans. Emily/Alison fans might be more blunt and in her face but she knows there's plenty of Emily/Paige fans who wouldn't appreciate a great tease and then throwing the pairing into the garbage.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Good point about when she's returning. I want to truly think it bodes well for Emily/Paige fans because I could see her returning and Emily/Paige stirring up romantic feelings again and then Paige leaving and it being open ended until she returns again in 7B or maybe in the series finale for a true endgame reunion with Emily.

It's also too far into the game to finally establish Alison as having true romantic feelings for Emily. Way too much time has gone by and we are on the last season. We have seen absolutely nada to indicate she has true romantic feelings for Emily. Not even a slight moment showing she does. There's not enough time and the story/character goes against us ever seeing a drastic change. Even if there is an attempt, it won't be believable.

Yes, I think MK is smart enough to know she has to be sensitive to the Emily/Paige fans. Emily/Alison fans might be more blunt and in her face but she knows there's plenty of Emily/Paige fans who wouldn't appreciate a great tease and then throwing the pairing into the garbage.
I mean I'm surely not expecting her to be in every episode or anything, that's solely for the boyfriends, but I for sure expected more than two episodes. But yeah episode 7x08 and 7x09 seem like odd episodes to bring her back if she's not going to be sticking around. And if she did leave and then came back or Emily went to California in the end, I could handle that. I would take that happily over them forcing her with Alison, which would I agree would make no sense and fit with none of the storyline that has been shown. They had allllllll of season six to establish that and didn't. It's too late now. And since they've kept Emily single all this time it would suck for her to suddenly end up with somebody new cause it just won't be the same. Just like it wouldn't be if one of the other liars ended up with someone else than the main boys and despite how clever the writers think they are, we all know that those pairings are safe.

I do believe MK knows that there is a strong fan base for Paige and for Paily but she just doesn't act like it because the Alison stans are up her ass all day long. But then again she did put Paily together and then two episodes later tore them apart and tossed them to the garbage...so it's hard to say. I'm not sure if she has the balls to actually let Paily be endgame at this point. But I do hope so. I want to believe her coming back means something after all this time but again, it's hard to tell.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread