Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I am starting to wonder if Facilier will end up being the Guardian, and that is why he wants the dagger. Daniel Francis filmed as Facilier in a FB for the episode entitled The Guardian. I think if it is a Facilier flashback then there is time for a romantic adventure with him and Regina to solidify them as a couple. A&E do really well on telling short romances. Snowing, Rumbelle, and now Curious Archer were all established in one episode.

Do we know for sure he wrapped in 21? He might have one scene for the end of 22 or h might be back sometime before April 4.
Oh ... wouldn't that be interesting!

I think he could be back. Maybe he wasn't in 7x21 but there's still lots of days of finale filming left
Old 03-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I am starting to wonder if Facilier will end up being the Guardian, and that is why he wants the dagger. Daniel Francis filmed as Facilier in a FB for the episode entitled The Guardian. I think if it is a Facilier flashback then there is time for a romantic adventure with him and Regina to solidify them as a couple. A&E do really well on telling short romances. Snowing, Rumbelle, and now Curious Archer were all established in one episode.

Do we know for sure he wrapped in 21? He might have one scene for the end of 22 or h might be back sometime before April 4.
You could be right about him being the Guardian. My money is still on Alice, more so now since we know she has magic.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Extreme Fan

But isn't the Guardian supposed to be perfectly good and pure? Isn't that why Gothel tested Rapunzel? We know that isn't Facilier because of what he did to Naveen.

Personally, I've always thought it was Alice, because Rumple open the portal thinkng about where the Guardian should be, and the first person he saw, after Henry in his bike, was Alice. *That* for me is very telling.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not like they haven't changed their stories before ... but yes, I think she told Rapunzel that she failed because of the bad things she did or something
Old 03-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

I thought Alice gave it up to be with Robin and that is why Rumple owed her?

They said it was like the Dalai Llama and we might have met already one.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

So the guardian has to live forever if they take the dagger?
Old 03-24-2018, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

The writers said Alice was originally the Guadian but Rumple made a sacrifice so she and Robin could be together, thus she's no longer the Guardian. At the moment it would seem to be Anastasia. The writers also suggested that the people going after Rumple/his dagger in the second half want to hurt him, so Facilier's hardly the Guardian.

Personally, I think there's no Guardian in the end and Rumple will get rid of his curse all by himself.

icon by me
Old 03-24-2018, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

They just need to ditch the Defeating the Big Bad trope for this season, and focus the last few episodes on reuniting all the families and loved ones. So they can find a place they can all call home, to be together and have their happy endings. Whether that’s Hyperion Heights, New Enchanted Forest or Storybrooke.

Last edited by scififan2009; 03-24-2018 at 08:57 PM
Old 03-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not convinced Facilier is evil, I think he may turn out to be a morally gray character, but I don't think he is likely the "pure of heart, incorruptible by evil" person that Gothel described. I didn't realize he filmed flashbacks for The Guardian though. That is interesting. I still feel like it's Alice, even though there have been indicators in interviews that it was her and might not be her anymore. I hope whoever it is doesn't have to become immortal.

Quote:
I believe he wrapped in 20. He posted on his insta story about filming the day 20 wrapped and then a day or so later posted his next stop was NYC. He hasn't posted anything about filming since. It's not impossible he'll be back before filming ends, but I'll be surprised. This doesn't feel like a typical OUAT love story to me - it feels like a past relationship that is being used to push the plot along - but maybe that is just me. That said, up until this week I thought their connection was purely physical and that doesn't seem to be the case. She admits to feelings for him and it seems possible he was going to tell her about the dagger before Zelena interrupted them at the waterfront, although I'm not sure why he'd tell her that knowing she'll probably tell Rumple. I also think he knew Lucy was in the apartment when he got home and let her go.

Last edited by sherry02; 03-25-2018 at 05:35 AM
Old 03-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So the guardian has to live forever if they take the dagger?
I'm not sure anymore. I could see that being appealing to someone like Facilier. But, not necessarily to Alice or Henry or someone who would be forced to watch loved ones die. Although, it could be a way t I save Henry and he was predicted to be Rumple's undoing. Maybe Henry is the Guardian after all.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly do not trust what Gothel said about the Guardian. What was it Belle said? I cannot remember.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I can't remember what Belle said about the guardian either, only that it was less specific than what Gothel said.

I wonder if Gothel is testing Ana in that scene from the promo? If she believes the guardian has to be someone incorruptible by evil, she might be tempting Ana to lash out at Drizella for the death of their mother.

There are also seems to be someone else in the scene with Regina and Rumple that we can't see in the promo because Rumple isn't looking at Regina when he's talking. I hope it's Rogers. I've been waiting for the 3 of them to work together. I'm surprised Rogers isn't awake yet.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Belle didn't say anything about the Guardian, really. She just found that fairy prophecy that said Rumple will find the path to "where the darkness shall rest" after she dies. What Gothel said about the Guardian is pretty much all the information we have about him/her. Even Rumple doesn't seem to know much about them.

icon by me
Old 03-25-2018, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Guest starring in this episode are Rebecca Mader as Zelena/Kelly, Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly, Adelaide Kane as Drizella/Ivy, Emma Booth as The Witch/Gothel/Eloise Gardener, Daniel Francis as Dr. Facilier/Mr. Samdi, Yael Yurman as Anastasia and Tiera Skovbye as Robin/Margot.
Is it me, or were some people missing from this week’s episode?

I hate it when that happens. Turns out we can’t even trust press releases.