Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Fair point. I can honestly say when I first saw the pilot I had no idea they would go so deep into Snowing's backstory. It still hadn't occurred to me that the character centric flashbacks were a staple to the show, like they once were to lost.

So yes, I suppose the mystery aspect, and the discovery of how why or when can be one of the main draws to the series for new viewers. It was certainly enough to get me hooked.
Dude get it out of your head that S7 is going to magically get more viewers then past seasons it's not going to happen. Not on a Friday night and not on an aging show that is already sinking to consistent series low rating every other episode. Sure you can have hope it will but looking at the landscape even the ratings guru says it's a pipe dream.

There may be some new viewers coming in for the new actors but that will not replace the many people they will lose with JMO, Bex, Emilie, and Gosh gone. Just to give you an idea.

Adelaide Kane was on the worst rated CW show of all time. Andrew West guest starred on The Walking Dead for one episode and he was hated for it. He then starred in Dead of Summer which was dead on arrival. Gabrielle Anwar was on the USA network successful Burn Notice a cable show on a cable network that does not get even close to the ratings OUAT had even last season. Mekia Cox is still fresh with a guest stint on Chicago Fire, she doesn't have fans coming from that show same with Rose Reynolds. Dania was on devious maids a lifetime original series as a guest star. There's not many new people these people are gonna bring.

Jennifer Morrison by herself has more star power and buzz then any of the newbies coming in. Dont be shocked when despite all the publicity for s7 it doesn't capture an big audience because simply put the audience for OUAT if they're not watching by now has moved on and they're not coming back.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Dude get it out of your head that S7 is going to magically getbbc.co more viewers then past seasons it's not going to happen. Not on a Friday night and not on an aging shTimeow that is already sinking to consistent series low rating every other episode. Sure you can have hope it will but looking at the landscape even the ratings guru says it's a pipe dream.

There may be some new viewers coming in for the new actors but that will not replace the many people they will lose with JMO, Bex, Emilie, and Gosh gone. Just to give you an idea.

Adelaide Kane was on the worst rated CW show of all time. Andrew West guest starred on The Walking Dead for one episode and he was hated for it. He then starred in Dead of Summer which was dead on arrival. Gabrielle Anwar was on the USA network successful Burn Notice a cable show on a cable network that does not get even close to the ratings OUAT had even last season. Mekia Cox is still fresh with a guest stint on Chicago Fire, she doesn't have fans coming from that show same with Rose Reynolds. Dania was on devious maids a lifetime original series as a guest star. There's not many new people these people are gonna bring.

Jennifer Morrison by herself has more star power and buzz then any of the newbies coming in. Dont be shocked when despite all the publicity for s7 it doesn't capture an big audience because simply put the audience for OUAT if they're not watching by now has moved on and they're not coming back.
You are so wrong on every account. Check your facts! So much bitternes. Please stop attacking actors who are not here to defend themselves. Jennifer Morrison is not the end all of Once Upon a Time.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I opened a new thread.
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/ouat-s-s...s-ek-63196486/
Old 09-16-2017, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Dude get it out of your head that S7 is going to magically get more viewers then past seasons it's not going to happen.
I'm trying to keep an open mind, Mike. But I'm not stupid.

I never said it would. I was simply stating my own reasons for possibly continuing to watch. Which I still haven't decided yet if I will. For me it all depends what they do with Emma.