Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
But they've always done surprisingly well with the casting.

I don't want to rule out this new cast just because they're not the same characters. It's not their fault they came in late.
Unfortunately they've entered the season w/ massive controversy and backlash surrounding it.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Unfortunately they've entered the season w/ massive controversy and backlash surrounding it.
That's your opinion and you need to stop stating opinion as fact. While you're at it, you need to stop trashing our show. This us not the right place to repeatedly post the same negative opinions over and over. We get it, your unhappy with the direction the show runners are taking the story. Dwelling on the negative in a place where fans of the show come to speculate and discuss spoilers is not productive and it's insulting to those of us who come here to talk about season 7 because we have to stop talking about the show to respond to your rants. There is no controversy or backlash here besides the one you try repeatedly to stir up.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
That's your opinion and you need to stop stating opinion as fact. While you're at it, you need to stop trashing our show. This us not the right place to repeatedly post the same negative opinions over and over. We get it, your unhappy with the direction the show runners are taking the story. Dwelling on the negative in a place where fans of the show come to speculate and discuss spoilers is not productive and it's insulting to those of us who come here to talk about season 7 because we have to stop talking about the show to respond to your rants. There is no controversy or backlash here besides the one you try repeatedly to stir up.
Get out of your little bubble and you'll see it's not all sunshines and rainbows. Even the reporters have written that the reaction to S7 is a very mixed bag, it's not just me.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fortunately, your judgment can't be trusted by me. For me your criticism has no leg to stand on, given your bias.

Your repeated negative posts, over and over and over and over every single day has proven your opinion and your interpretation of these thousands of articles, reporters, and "fans" aren't to be trusted, by me.

I also wasn't aware you had seen the episodes that have so far filmed. Tell me more about this non-existent chemistry you've witnessed, as pictures don't create chemistry.

I can make up my own mind, thanks.

ETA-I'm excited to see the chemistry, watch it grow, and see the stories play out. That is what I originally came here to say. and thanks for all the spoilers.

Last edited by There You'll Be; 09-15-2017 at 11:51 PM
Old 09-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Ideas for a new thread title?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Get out of your little bubble and you'll see it's not all sunshines and rainbows. Even the reporters have written that the reaction to S7 is a very mixed bag, it's not just me.
You're the one in a bubble. YES the fandom reaction is a mixed bag, but most are confused and skeptical not being negative all the time for everything.

YES with A&E we can expect things not to be all good but you base everything on assumptions and turn every bit of info in something negative to justify our anger.

Trying to be positive isn't being naive.
Once seasons often starts with great elements and potential. Sometimes it gets less good for various reasons but you're not in the show to know that whether you «know» adam and eddy or not.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Loyal Fan

To me it is only sad that a person who has nothing at all good to say, does not want to discuss but only state their opinion as fact and only looks for negative things everywhere so extremely and thinks they have a right to insult writers and actors personally and on things like their looks comes here every day to want to rain on the parade of fans who look forward to the new season and want to talk about new content.

The article and all the promotionals they have released so far looks nice to me and I love the poster especially and would like to see it in the opening posting too. I do not mind if they compare some things to stories from the older seasons too because it makes it easier for me to see what I can expect from this new season and if they say the friendship of Jacinda (Cinderella) and Sabine (Tiana) will be like Snow and Red I do not see it as saying it will be exactly the same or better or whatever because I see it only as a point of comparison in what kind of relationship they have and to me that is not bad or anything. I do not know yet if I will like it the same way I liked the other friendships they had in the years before, but the episodes will come and give me the material so I can form my opinion and I look forward to so many things for now.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah whoever opens the new topic, can we please have the poster or the new logo added?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
They're back to once again saying that if you have not watched the last 6 seasons you can absolutely watch S7. How?
Seems fairly obvious and straight-forward to me. The main plot of season 7 isn't, in any major form, based on events that reach way back into the show's long and winding past. Therefore viewers who tune without any knowledge of previous show material won't be forced to watch seasons 1-6 to follow and understand the story they're telling now, with character we'll meet (properly) for the first time this October. Anyone who ends up intrigued by Rumple, Regina and Hook (who are there to support Henry in what is, ultimately, now his and his family's story) has multiple options of catching up on past ONCE material and I'm sure no one at ABC will mind if they do. It's merely not a mandatory task for those hoping to keep up with adult Henry and his adventures, simple as that.

Quote:
gabrielleanwar @paisleyverea captures her mother on a @onceabcofficial Fraturday. Heading back to @hugocverea & @shareefmalnik after wrap ❤️
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 09-16-2017, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
It's an 8 part Marvel series that will air Friday night after Once. The critics have not been kind and their are reports that ABC is concerned that it will do poorly in the ratings. It's made several lists as the worst new show. Critics have been wrong before though.

That Entertainment Weekly article actually has me more excited. I can't wait to see the epic romance and the relationships between the cursed characters. I think I need to track done a copy of the magazine. I haven't been this excited for an EW article since Gosh were on the cover prior to season 2. I'm feeling that sane level of anticipation. I haven't been this giddy about a new season of the show in a while.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2017, 06:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Old 09-16-2017, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the synopsis.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Adelaide Kane was part of yesterday's overnight shoot, too.

Lana, on the other hand, was in LA for EW's pre-Emmy party.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 09-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Ideas for a new thread title?
We don't get thread titles anymore, just numbers. I'm not sure why.
ETA
I wonder if by helping Cinderella, Henry is somehow cut off from his family? I don't know how that works, because he does eventually reach them and they are able to travel to his realm. One of the articles said that Regina of course goes to help Henry and unfortunately gets caught in the curse. Which makes me think somehow the the two are connected. I have so many questions about season 7. I can't wait to learn the answers though. I hope the first few episodes make the audience want to tune in and find those answers. That's what story telling is about, setting up the audience with questions and making them want to learn the answers.

Last edited by kristi_adela; 09-16-2017 at 08:22 AM
Old 09-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Fair point. I can honestly say when I first saw the pilot I had no idea they would go so deep into Snowing's backstory. It still hadn't occurred to me that the character centric flashbacks were a staple to the show, like they once were to lost.

So yes, I suppose the mystery aspect, and the discovery of how why or when can be one of the main draws to the series for new viewers. It was certainly enough to get me hooked.