Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I guess it will be interesting to see what kind of relationship dynamic Henry has with his cursed family members in Hyperion Heights. Why does he interact with Roni or Rogers at all? Has Lucy told him who they are? Does he feel something for Jacinda even though he doesn't remember her?

As Alice would say: Curiouser and curiouser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
I'm sorry they just look really awkward together. She looks like she's in her 40's and he has a babyface and looks way too young. It just does not look good to me. She looks way too old for him.

So far nothing I've seen shows the epic chemistry that Snowing and CS had. I just see a really forced thing.

Stills can show chemistry, as it did for Snowing, Rumbelle, and CS. They just don't click IMO.
He'll be 34 in November, and she'll be 38. It's not that big of a gap.

Last edited by scififan2009; 09-13-2017 at 05:53 AM
Old 09-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well time stamps I don't trustm. I just make my own rules, I pretend the events of firebird happens in 2005 instead of 2009 or that Fiona magiced Emma apartment
Old 09-13-2017, 04:01 AM
Elite Fan

Strange time to be worried about age differences of 4 years but have no problem with 37 year old Karen David and 26 year old Deniz Akendiz or 15 year old Bailee Madison and 24 year old Jonathan Whitesell. (I am still very yucked out about their having a child kiss a grown man in his mid 20s. Herc should have been played by a teen.) Or even David's parents being played by 34 year old and a 51 year old in 6.12. And there have been a lot more. Snow's parents in 3.18. Rumbelle.

I admit I thought Aladdin looked like a school kid next to Jasmine but they eventually grew on me. Maybe because I know Andrew from other places, including playing a straight up villain, but I don't think he's baby faced. He looks early 30s. Danica looks mid 30s.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

I would also take this opportunity to mention the 15 year age gap between Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, who are famous for playing one of the most iconic relationships in scifi film history.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

It may feel weird because it's Henry (!!!) even if it's not the same actor so it kinda makes him even younger than he is but yeah a 4 year gap is nothing.
I didn't think about it too much for Jaladdin, it struck me more how underused Aladdin was than how young he is.

And it's just pictures and not ones of the moment they are falling in love so it's hard to do a chemistry test.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am okay with the age gaps as long as their no statuetory rape, which there I sent.

Yeah jaladdin was very underused but they were cute in 6.15
Old 09-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The show loves to parallel all their couples. Emma's love story had so many similar elements to her parents but they had a lot of new stuff, too. I am looking forward to seeing the parallels with the next generation but more looking forward to new elements. I'm really hoping that the Henriella romance captures me.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Henry romance does looking interesting but I can't ship until I really see it. I didn't ship Snowing until I saw them in Snow Falls nor cs till they climbed the beanstalk and they took me by surprise cause I wasent strongly invested in Emma's love life
Old 09-13-2017, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

They need their adventure, like all the other couples.

For Snowing it was the troll bridge. For CS it was the beanstalk. For Street Princess it was the cave.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess for Rb it was the debate to kill or let robin disquished as Lucifer go
Old 09-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Strange time to be worried about age differences of 4 years but have no problem with 37 year old Karen David and 26 year old Deniz Akendiz or 15 year old Bailee Madison and 24 year old Jonathan Whitesell. (I am very yucked out about their having a child kiss a grown man in his mid 20s. Herc should have been played by a teen.) Or David's parents being played by 34 year old and a 51 year old in 6.12. And there have been a lot more. Snow's parents in 3.18. Rumbelle.

I admit I thought Aladdin looked like a school kid next to Jasmine but they eventually grew on me. Maybe because I know Andrew from other places, including playing a straight up villain, but I don't think he's baby faced. He looks early 30s. Danica looks mid 30s.
Not mention the characters are not always the age of the actors. Jen was in her late 30's and still playing 30 year old Emma. Jared was playing a 13 year old. I think Hercules was supposed to be a teen when he died. What really creeped me out was a 24 year old actor playing a teen Hercules, carrying a torch for adult Snow, while Ginny was visibly pregnant with her and Josh's second child. It's best not to think about it.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Speaking of pregnancy. Since Jaci hasn't even married Henry or had Lucy yet, I guess we're to assume she's at least 10 years younger in those flashbacks.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
Not mention the characters are not always the age of the actors. Jen was in her late 30's and still playing 30 year old Emma. Jared was playing a 13 year old. I think Hercules was supposed to be a teen when he died. What really creeped me out was a 24 year old actor playing a teen Hercules, carrying a torch for adult Snow, while Ginny was visibly pregnant with her and Josh's second child. It's best not to think about it.
Not to mention how fickle Herc looked falling in love with Meg in the same day as soon as he realized Snow was happy with someone else. That storyline was a mess which is too bad because it had some good things for Snow outside that creepiness with the actor and both actresses playing her.

Megara is the one character I want to see in this reboot because they totally blew her characterization.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe 5B should have been titled Dead Exes and Siblings.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Not to mention how fickle Herc looked falling in love with Meg in the same day as soon as he realized Snow was happy with someone else. That storyline was a mess which is too bad because it had some good things for Snow outside that creepiness with the actor and both actresses playing her.

Megara is the one character I want to see in this reboot because they totally blew her characterization.
It showed tremendous growth for Snow, from a fickle teen to a strong woman who found true love and became a mother of two. It was also the end of Mary Margaret, thankful. It showed the growth between Regina and Snow. It showed Charming wasnt jelous of a demi god. But, Meg deserved better then second choice when Snow became unattainable. But, Ginny was so bad ass. A few months pregnant, still suffering from morning sickness and they put her on a night shoot, in the rain and cold with two young guest stars and a bow and arrow to fight a cgi hound from hell.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread