Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I enjoy rumple as a villain as well. When he doesn't mess with emma and Killain. I don't mind hook and rumple snarky but not when it turns violent. I think the writers are stuck in a whole they enjoy writing Rumple evil but they also want him with belle.

I like belle a lot but I think it would have been better story wise if the writers stuck to the original plan and not brought her back until much later then they wouldn't be a big impasse
Regardless or what we might think about Rumbelle, the show makes a point in never ending it. It's always the same cycle with them: Rumple does something terrible, Belle leaves him. He repents, and does something good, sometimes even heroic, as he did both in season 3 and 5, and Belle believes he is changed and she takes him back, and then he betrays her all over again, and we are back to the beginning.

That's the history of their relationship in the show. The writers/producers never end their relationship, but they never really let them move forward either. It's infuriating. I'm guessing he is at hi worst, right now, because he has all the evil of all the dark ones now as opposed to the past, when he didn't. But it remains his choice, now, as opposed to the past when he was tricked by Zozo. Now he chose to become the sum of all the dark ones.

And still, based on their past history, I very much doubt this is the end. I believe they are going to drag their story until the end. And I have absolutely no idea if, by the end of the show, they are going to be together or not. It can go either way...
Old 11-15-2016, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Old 11-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

The Rumbelle marriage fails because they simply don't have what Snow and Charming have. A partnership. Even OQ and CS have been shown to act as more of a team, working together, and trusting each other.

It takes commitment to make a relationship work. Sadly there's very little of that with Rumbelle, because instead of the two of them, it's a three way relationship with Gold, the darkness, and Belle.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
The Rumbelle marriage fails because they simply don't have what Snow and Charming have. A partnership. Even OQ and CS have been shown to act as more of a team, working together, and trusting each other.

It takes commitment to make a relationship work. Sadly there's very little of that with Rumbelle, because instead of the two of them, it's a three way relationship with Gold, the darkness, and Belle.
This.

For Rumple power and darkness will always come before Belle and his family. I had hope for a redemption arc after he sacrificed himself with Pan and then again when his heart was pure, but now I just have no faith in him being able to turn things around.

That's an odd title.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

The title is a Beowulf reference about a sword called Hruting (thank you, google)

Quote:
"And another item lent by Unferth
at that moment of need was of no small importance:
the brehon handed him a hilted weapon,
a rare and ancient sword named Hrunting.
The iron blade with its ill-boding patterns
had been tempered in blood. It had never failed
the hand of anyone who hefted it in battle,
anyone who had fought and faced the worst
in the gap of danger. This was not the first time
it had been called to perform heroic feats.[1]
However, although the sword possessed great power and was claimed to have never failed anyone who used it, when Beowulf descended to the bottom of the lake to fight Grendel's mother, the sword proved ineffective. As the "fabulous powers of that heirloom failed," Beowulf was forced to discard it.[2]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hrunting
Old 11-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beowulf! Cool!!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Beowulf! Cool!!!!
Hamlet then Beowulf. I wonder what reference will be next.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Google is your friend. Thanks for that.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Old 11-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
The title is a Beowulf reference about a sword called Hruting (thank you, google)

Quote:
"And another item lent by Unferth
at that moment of need was of no small importance:
the brehon handed him a hilted weapon,
a rare and ancient sword named Hrunting.
The iron blade with its ill-boding patterns
had been tempered in blood. It had never failed
the hand of anyone who hefted it in battle,
anyone who had fought and faced the worst
in the gap of danger. This was not the first time
it had been called to perform heroic feats.[1]
However, although the sword possessed great power and was claimed to have never failed anyone who used it, when Beowulf descended to the bottom of the lake to fight Grendel's mother, the sword proved ineffective. As the "fabulous powers of that heirloom failed," Beowulf was forced to discard it.[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hrunting
Very interesting, Austenphile! Rumple's dagger is now the fully rejoined Excalibur, right? Just now in a different form? It has patterns on it, perhaps "ill-boding patterns"? I wonder if in OUAT this will refer to Excalibur and that someone will get their hands on it and reshape it, but it will fail as mentioned above. Perhaps someone will try and control Rumple with it and he will finally be able to control the dark magic as per Merlin's prophecy? But has Rumple gone so dark that he cannot turn around

Or it could be talking about something else LOL
Old 11-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

I'd like to know what happened to that magic sucking dark grail Henry found in New York. An object like that would come in pretty handy.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
THE REASON FOR RUMPLE’S HATRED OF FAIRIES IS REVEALED, AND THE EVIL QUEEN FACES OFF AGAINST ZELENA, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

Karen David as Princess Jasmine and Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin

“Changelings” — In a Fairy Tale Land flashback, Rumple collects Jack and Jill’s son as bait to lure a powerful being to him. Back in Storybrooke, Gold tells the Evil Queen that she must kill Zelena, and the EQ makes a decision that will change her relationship with her sister forever. When Belle discovers Gold’s plans for their son, she convinces Hook and Emma to help her steal squid ink that can immobilize him, and, as a result, Belle is left to make a sacrifice that will affect the lives of everyone in Storybrooke. Meanwhile, Jasmine finds a genie-less lamp that she hopes to use to save Agrabah, and Aladdin finds a way to be her hero, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior/Blue Fairy, Beverly Elliott as Granny, Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin, Giles Matthey as Son, Nick Hunnings as Jack, Tammy Gillis as Jill, Jamie Murray as Black Fairy, Karen David as Jasmine, Edwina Shuster as Aged Nun and Jacky Lai as Novice Fairy.

“Changelings” was written by David H. Goodman & Brian Ridings and directed by Mairzee Almas.
x
Old 11-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting. Thanks.

I wish I cared what happened to Agrabah. Maybe if Jafar shows up soon in SB.

Hey! It's the Black Fairy finally!
Old 11-15-2016, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

So Gold jr is in this episode.

No surprise there.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Well hello, Jack

Nick Hunnings
Closed Thread   Post New Thread