Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Or when there is something about them like in 4B, it seems like retcon because it's completely OOC. Or they're the comic relief for Shattered Sight or the AU. But it's the lack of family interaction that has me questioning whether I should keep watching the show. At this point it's just to support Josh and Ginny.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think A&E need to consider the main character stories that many fans complain about being underdeveloped and perhaps maybe just possibly stop filling the screen time that could be used for meaty, entertaining stories for the mains with poorly developed storylines for guest characters who no one cares about.

I think regardless of what happened to the mains we would all be happier if this show didn't treat three or four guest characters like main characters every arc and spending all this screen time fleshing out their stories even though they disappear after a few episodes. I think we would at least be happy that the show was treating the main characters like the true stars of the show and giving them the development they deserve.

I'm kind of worried about 5B. I wonder how many reoccurring guest characters we'll have. There's the Distinguished Gentleman and it looks like Hercules and Megara might be reoccurring.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
I thought Colin lived in Vancouver with his wife and baby so he's just kind of always there (except for the hiatus) even if he isn't filming?

I thought the only actors who don't live in Vancouver during the filming period are JMo and Emilie who are typically in LA when not required to film. Ginny and Josh don't either but they seem to travel back and forth less since they had their baby and stick primarily in Vancouver.

I'm not sure about Bex. It kind of seems she has taken up more permanent residence in Vancouver even when she isn't filming. She posts a lot about different day trips to areas around Vancouver.
He does but his home is in Ireland, not Vancouver. Since there was no absolute confirmation that he was still filming it's good to have pics of him still in Vancouver. Meaning just in case anyone was worried that they do kill him off this is the evidence that he's not gone.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Or when there is something about them like in 4B, it seems like retcon because it's completely OOC. Or they're the comic relief for Shattered Sight or the AU. But it's the lack of family interaction that has me questioning whether I should keep watching the show. At this point it's just to support Josh and Ginny.
The lack of family stuff and lack of Snow/Charming stuff isn't the only reason I am questioning the same, but it's definitely a large part of it. Honestly the tendency to ignore character stuff in favor of plot in general is really starting to wear me down, especially when the plot focuses on something I am not all that keen on - like an underworld arc. I really want to be postive and hopeful about this show, but... man, it's getting hard.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
He does but his home is in Ireland, not Vancouver. Since there was no absolute confirmation that he was still filming it's good to have pics of him still in Vancouver. Meaning just in case anyone was worried that they do kill him off this is the evidence that he's not gone.
Oh okay. I thought you were referring to fans being worried of a "temporary" basis of Colin not filming not a permanent killing off.

Yeah I heavily doubt they would kill off Killian.

Colin has to film something else for a little while though soon right? So he might be away for a while.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think A&E need to consider the main character stories that many fans complain about being underdeveloped and perhaps maybe just possibly stop filling the screen time that could be used for meaty, entertaining stories for the mains with poorly developed storylines for guest characters who no one cares about.

I think regardless of what happened to the mains we would all be happier if this show didn't treat three or four guest characters like main characters every arc and spending all this screen time fleshing out their stories even though they disappear after a few episodes. I think we would at least be happy that the show was treating the main characters like the true stars of the show and giving them the development they deserve.

I'm kind of worried about 5B. I wonder how many reoccurring guest characters we'll have. There's the Distinguished Gentleman and it looks like Hercules and Megara might be reoccurring.
Well I would say yes Hercules and Megara will be recurring because they're probably gonna aid the heroes stopping Hades. I expect the same thing when the show does Aladdin or Princess and the Frog, etc. It also is clear that Hercules has not met his movie selfs goal of what it means to be a true hero so that's definitely an arc they're gonna pursue. Also add on parallels with Killian and Emma which they already share: the pink flower, Meg and Killian sacrificing their lives to save Hercules/Emma, then Hercules and Emma going to the UW to save them.

Honestly the only other guest cast I expect in this arc are Zeus, Hera, and maybe cameos by the Gods of Olympus. Also the return of Poseidon since Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades are brothers.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
The lack of family stuff and lack of Snow/Charming stuff isn't the only reason I am questioning the same, but it's definitely a large part of it. Honestly the tendency to ignore character stuff in favor of plot in general is really starting to wear me down, especially when the plot focuses on something I am not all that keen on - like an underworld arc. I really want to be postive and hopeful about this show, but... man, it's getting hard.
This UW arc is their worst idea since the "Home Office" with Tamara and Greg. But Snow was sporting a bow and that's always a plus. And maybe the comment that it will have a season one feel means it will go back to more real character moments instead of just plot.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Didn't A&E say the same thing, that this story has a S1 feel, about 5A?

Other than the focus on Emma I'm not sure what else they meant about this arc being like S1. I think it will be the same for 5B.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Colin has to film something else for a little while though soon right? So he might be away for a while.
He's filming a small role in a movie during Once's Christmas holiday filming break.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
He's filming a small role in a movie during Once's Christmas holiday filming break.
Good for him! I love to see the Once cast being able to still do other things. They're all great.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Didn't A&E say the same thing, that this story has a S1 feel, about 5A?
They say that at the start of every arc since Neverland.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I agree 100%. With Miss Cam about the plot being more important than character moments too.

To me it will never feel like season 1 again until they stop this. Writing two large stories with many new guest stars for each one every season. It's too much and then the main characters or at least some become almost guests on their show.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh okay. I thought you were referring to fans being worried of a "temporary" basis of Colin not filming not a permanent killing off.

Yeah I heavily doubt they would kill off Killian.

Colin is filming his new movie during the casts 2 week Christmas hiatus in NYC. His role is small, so it won't take him long to film it.

They're doing the same thing they did with Bobby in 3B. They're keeping all his scenes a secret/in studio and trying to make sure none of it leaks until they can't control it anymore. It took till episode 16 to show us Rumple lived mainly because they filmed on main street the showdown between Zelena and Regina.

That makes me believe that Colin did film in Stevenson a scene that they made sure fans could not see, because as the reports said it was a closed set. Colin's also a ninja so if he doesn't want to be seen, he won't.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread