Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Not to be argumentative but other nonevil POCs include Rapunzel, Mulan, Cinderella's godmother, Henry Sr, and Marian. The show does lack diversity but not every POC has been a villain. And they have done a nice job with nontraditional casting for Rapunzel, Lancelot, and Marian.

ETA I always thought the S2 mess was because ABC execs (rightfully) told them to shorten Emma and Snow's (not so) Excellent EF adventure and get them back with the main cast. Then Colin broke his leg necessitating another set of rewrites.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)

ETA I always thought the S2 mess was because ABC execs (rightfully) told them to shorten Emma and Snow's (not so) Excellent EF adventure and get them back with the main cast. Then Colin broke his leg necessitating another set of rewrites.
Oh yeah forgot about Colin's leg. Poor guy.

Didn't we hear once that A&E originally intended for Emma and Snow to be in FTL for almost all of S2?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Their storyline in the EF drug on as it was. I cannot inagine even more of that. But yes I think Ruby was made a regular to play off David the entire season 2 but that was scrapped when Emma and Snow came back earlier so Meghan started looking for other projects.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Loyal Fan

A&e maybe plan the story at beginning but then they change and drop things all the time.
S2:
Quote:
They did reveal a few characters who will be making their debuts in Season 2: Ariel from The Little Mermaid, as well as Aladdin and Jafar, the Royal Vizier of Agrabah, from Aladdin. Kitsis suggests Naveen Andrews (Lost's Sayid) as Jafar, and with her ruby red locks, don't you think Rebecca Mader (Charlotte) would rock a set of seashells under the sea as Ariel?
Keck's Exclusives: Who Will Get Lost on Once Upon a Time? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
TV Guide Magazine: How did it come about?
Ory: It was all very crazy and serendipitous. I was under contract for Once, but there have been so many new characters this year that the storyline [executive producers] Eddy [Kitsis] and Adam [Horowitz] wanted to do with Ruby ended up not being able to happen because they decided to take the show in a different way. They are so brilliant, so when they were inspired they had to follow their amazing idea for what they wanted to do with Neverland. I hadn't been in a few episodes — my last was when everyone came back from New York — so I talked to the boys and asked them, 'What's going on? Is everything okay?' And they said, 'We love you, but we have this story that's so huge we don't know where we're going to put you at this moment.' So I said, 'Maybe I should look elsewhere?'

TV Guide Magazine: At the start of the season, it seemed as though Ruby in wolf form was going to end up as either a pawn of the Queen or Mr. Gold.
Ory: I think that may have been an idea at one point, but the [Neverland] story took on a life of its own, and you can only tell so many stories. Originally, Josh [Dallas, who plays David] and I were going to be together longer in Storybrooke, but I think they decided to bring the girls back sooner from Fairytale Land.
Keck's Exclusives: Once Upon a Time Loses Its Little Red to CBS - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

S3: There must also have been dropped things and rewrites because we got episode stills for The Tower were Regina and Archie give Henry the Storybook but the scene got deleted because they rewrote that the book would give Henry back his memories: 3x14 - The Tower - Welcome to Storybrooke | Gallery

And I remember they said at the start of 3b that Snow's and Aurora's babies would have a special connection but that didn't happen.

And this year we know Colette was to come back in some form in 4b but it won't happen now.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Sunday can't come soon enough.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks Ranma90!

Yeah lets just agree that S2 was a huge cluster mess that even A&E probably wish they could forget.

It must have been really stressful for them to change so much.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I see I'm just in time with the drinks... Cocktails anyone?

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 04-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
I see I'm just in time with the drinks... Cocktails anyone?
Koolaid cocktails!

How would those even taste.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

To be fair, season 2 had some great episodes. 2.01-2.06 were brillaint. As were 2.08-2.10. And I liked 2.07, 2.11, 2.13-2.15 and 2.21-2.22. It was the rest that were subpar for the series. And the second half lacked cohesion.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Usually they do not plan a whole season which is why the have arcs they plan each arc individually when they planned frozen the QOD was not happening. They do a story board with characters and an idea of where they are going but nothing becomes a complete picture till they write the episodes. When they brought marian I think it was just for drama with outlaw queen I don't think they knew they were going in the zelena direction yet. A lot of things change from when they plan to when they write an episode and frozen took a lot of screen time and 3b had a lot of characters in it.

As for Sean's wife spilling about zelena I find that strange the show would not take to kindly for him to give that away to early and Sean is usually careful not to give to much away. Also Sean wouldn't know that far ahead that marian was zelena he would only know about a week before they shot heart of gold
Old 04-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
To be fair, season 2 had some great episodes. 2.01-2.06 were brillaint. As were 2.08-2.10. And I liked 2.07, 2.11, 2.13-2.15 and 2.21-2.22. It was the rest that were subpar for the series. And the second half lacked cohesion.
I agree! I liked the Lacey episode too. Great writing and compelling scenes in many of the S2 episodes but the overall storyline was sloppy.

I do think however that this arc is showing signs of A&E getting back to basics and more focus on the main characters as opposed to the visiting guest stars. Hope that continues into S5. I'm hoping we no longer have these theme arcs and A&E just focus on telling a good overarching story that puts more focus on the main characters, their development and their relationships.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. They get ideas and inspiration that might change small plot points. I think people forget that they don't take a three month hiatus like we do. By the time the Lily episode aired they had already written the start of 4B.

Look, they definitely change their minds ... that' just what happens in the writing process. They might want to explore one plot but then something grows out of the story that they didn't expect. Some things work well and others don't. I believe that there was probably supposed to be more with Tamara but then they got excited about this big adventure in Neverland so they incorporated the stories.

I just think they have a lot more planned out than you would think.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

I just think they have a lot more planned out than you would think.
I have no doubt they still have everything in place to end the show the way they have always intended. My theory is that the last scene they have stated they always had in mind is a birthday party for Emma surrounded by all her loved ones.

I'm sure too they probably have the storyline prepared for the final season when they are given that notice.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot about Lacey. I did like that episode too.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Question: If Once Upon a Time’s Cruella and Ursula fell through the portal at the same time as Maleficent’s baby, why didn’t they take care of her? Will we see what happened to them right after they went through? —Larry
Ausiello: Those questions — as well as the matter of Lily proceeding to age a couple decades while Cruella and Ursula didn’t — will be answered at the beginning of the winningly titled April 19 episode, “Sympathy for the De Vil.”
TV Line