Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

EXCLUSIVE 'Once Upon a Time' Scoop: Get to Know the Queens of Darkness!
(Leanne Aguilera went with the Queens of Darkness )

Quote:
A trifecta of evil is headed to Storybrooke — and we've got everything you need to know!

The winter premiere of Once Upon a Time is still more than a month away, (it's March 1 to be exact) but we've got exclusive details from executive producers Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis to magically help pass the time.

Now that we've gifted you with the romance rundown of all your favorite fairytale couples, it's time to focus on their fierce and fabulous villains that are headed our way in the second half of season four. The Queen of Darkness — Maleficent, Ursella and Cruella — are ready to get their wicked revenge and they're teaming up to unleash a whole new chapter of hell.

When we re-connect with Emma (Jennifer Morrison), Regina (Lana Parilla) and the rest of Storybrooke's finest, six weeks will have passed since the Spell of Shattered sight cursed the town. So of course, that means it's time for the next wave of evil to attack. (Our poor characters never seem to catch a break!)

"This back half is a lot about what makes a hero and what makes a villain, and it's about trying to realize our happy endings," Kitsis shared.

Speaking of heroes versus villains, Kitsis and Horowitz teased that's a "safe assumption" for fans to believe that recently-banished Rumplestilksin (Robert Carlyle) has kept busy these past six weeks by tracking down the three most wicked villain-ettes in Disney history.

Not only are we definitely going to discover how the Queens of Darkness ended up outside of the town's limits, we’re also going to learn that each malevolent lady has a hidden past with Regina. Since we know how impatient all of our fellow OUAT fans are, we asked Kistis and Horowitz to give us an exclusive preview of what we can expect from each dangerous diva.

Maleficent:
"Well since we last saw our Maleficent there was a fantastic movie that came out, but we are going to be sticking to the villain that we created," Kitsis said of the return of Kristin Bauer van Straten's evil alter ego. "She was inspired by the original Sleeping Beauty movie, and we love the Maleficent movie that came out, but what we've been doing is building on the character we introduced in season one. We're not planning on doing a rip on the Disney movie that just came out."

We've seen her beastly side, but now it's time to explore Maleficent's beginnings. "We met her briefly in season one and we are going to get much more into her back story," Kitsis said. "In fact, we are even going to see a flashback of how Maleficent and the Evil Queen met." Not only are we going to see Maleficent's relationship with Regina, fans will also discover that the wicked fairy also has ties to a many more of our Storybrooke residents.

"Our viewpoint is really in our own mythology that we've already set up with Aurora, with Regina, with Rumpelstiltskin, and with Snow and Charming," Horowitz promised. "We'll continue to do out twist on the iconic character in the confines of our Once Upon a Time world."

Ursula:
Ladies, gentlemen and guppies everywhere, your attention please! The real sea-witch is headed our way, and you'd better believe that she's even more vicious then then imposter we met a few seasons back. Kistis revealed, "You may or may not remember but in season three Regina got into a little bit of trouble impersonating Ursula and we got a little lesson on the legend of the season goddess. (Oh trust us, Eddy—we remember!)

Now it's time to dive even deeper into the rough waters of Ursula's past. "She's based into the mythology of our Once Upon a Time universe and we're going to be exploring that further," Kitsis promised.

As always, the characters in Once have a little bit of a twist in their tales, and Kitsis said our tentacle temptress will definitely follow suit. "As we saw last year, our Little Mermaid story didn’t quite happen the same way as it did in the movie — and the Ursula story is quite different as well," he said.

Cruella:
If you’re thinking that OUAT's Cruella de Vil (Victoria Smurfit) is just going to be a puppy-obsessed billionaire — you'd better think again. There's some serious power hidden beneath that gigantic fur coat.

"I would say that our twist on Cruella is that she isn’t necessarily that crazy woman from that Disney movie," Horowitz explained. "Our version of Cruella — you'll learn quickly — has origins that trace back to the Enchanted Forest and that there is some power to be had with her."

"Cruella will be really nothing like the movie," Kitsis added. "There will be some touchstones in the spirit of her character, but in our world she has powers and she'll be much more than the '50s Cruella in the move." We still think that Pongo had better watch out…

The Queens of Darkness are certainly going to shake things up in Storybrooke, but fans will also be introduced to a few new characters as well. "I think there will be new characters popping in and out, but more the most part it's going to be focusing on our core characters," Horowitz confessed.

You here that, guys? Your favorite characters will be getting even more screen time in these upcoming episodes. (Pssst! We're talking to you, Evil Regals.) Horowitz continued, "Those characters who have been there through the years will have their past, and their present, and their futures intertwined with the Queens of Darkness."

Kitsis added, "I think that this second half is really going to focus on our core people again, and we’re going to get to see a lot of the people that we've loved since season one."

Last edited by CohenGal; 01-23-2015 at 01:49 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Looks like anyone that missed Regina in 4A will get plenty in 4B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I wonder if 'protect her heart' isn't in the metaphorical sense, instead of the literal one. I mean, it was already shown no one can take away Emma's heart. Her magic protects it. I'm not even sure if Emma, herself, could take it away.

So, considering this, it might mean protecting her from being hurt or disappointed. Maybe they are talking about whatever Snow and Charming did to the QoD that could be seen as "gray". Maybe Hook is trying to protect Emma from being disappointed at her parentes.

I have no idea what they did, but spoilers suggest it was something that could be much more in the gray area, so...
This could be ... also there was the spoiler that we will learn more about Emma and what her "purpose" is .. I can't remember the exact quote. That could go along with your theory ...
Old 01-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I wonder if 'protect her heart' isn't in the metaphorical sense, instead of the literal one. I mean, it was already shown no one can take away Emma's heart. Her magic protects it. I'm not even sure if Emma, herself, could take it away.

So, considering this, it might mean protecting her from being hurt or disappointed. Maybe they are talking about whatever Snow and Charming did to the QoD that could be seen as "gray". Maybe Hook is trying to protect Emma from being disappointed at her parentes.

I have no idea what they did, but spoilers suggest it was something that could be much more in the gray area, so...
This is what I believe it is, too. Whatever "deal" or story revelation between Snowing and the 3Queen of Darkness in that EF flashback in episode 4.13 is going to continue to play a role in the present storyline. In an attempt to defeat Regina, Snowing probably made a faustian bargain and either reneged (not good) or want to renege on the deal now (not good) thus the whole questioning of whether or not Snow/Charming could still be considered heroes.

At some point, Emma is gonna find out what her parents did (or will have to do) and it'll effect her. Storytelling-wise, they have almost reached the half way point of the arc. So the villains still have the advantage and the heroes are only now discovering what is at play. The next few episodes should be about attempting to find the solutions heading into the finale showdown.

Can't wait.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Old 01-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have to say, I'm a lot more excited for this half of the season than I was for 4A. I mean, don't get me wrong, I ended up really loving Elsa et al, but at the end of the day, I watch this show for its core characters, and I'm glad we're (allegedly) revisiting that.

We've gotten a decent amount of spoilers so far, but I'm still feeling like they're being very guarded about the major storylines of the season! It's kind of thrilling, though I wish I knew a bit more at this stage of the game!

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 01-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

This could be ... also there was the spoiler that we will learn more about Emma and what her "purpose" is .. I can't remember the exact quote. That could go along with your theory ...
I'm thinking Regina is going to parallel Rumple in 4A. He was presented to his weakness and he fell for the temptation. I think Regina is going to have her great weakness before her as well. Whether or not she succumbs to the temptation, like Rumple, is going to be interesting to watch. With both Maleficent and Rumple goading her to join them, it's going to be a real uphill challenge for her.

If she does lose and succumbs, then I think Emma is in deep trouble this time around, not Snow.

March can't get here fast enough.

ETA: The OP updated. Thanks CohenGal and T'Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)

We've gotten a decent amount of spoilers so far, but I'm still feeling like they're being very guarded about the major storylines of the season! It's kind of thrilling, though I wish I knew a bit more at this stage of the game!
Agree. It's very exciting!

I miss having this show on Sunday nights.

Last edited by CityGal; 01-23-2015 at 03:00 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree think Regina will be tempted by the dark side like Rumple
Old 01-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Since when does Emma care about what happened in the enchanted forest before she was born? She saw Regina as the evil Queen up close and personal, but she still believes she deserves a happy ending. She also saw Hook as a drunk womanizer, and she's still dating him.

Unless of course what her parents did affects her directly. Like they made a deal before she was born that the QoD have decided to collect on finally.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Since when does Emma care about what happened in the enchanted forest before she was born? She saw Regina as the evil Queen up close and personal, but she still believes she deserves a happy ending. She also saw Hook as a drunk womanizer, and she's still dating him.

Unless of course what her parents did affects her directly. Like they made a deal before she was born that the QoD have decided to collect on finally.
Thank you. And why should it no longer make them heroes if they are acting like heroes now? Everyone else has done bad things and they are all forgiven and forgotten.

Just glad they are getting a story.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I don't see Emma being too peeved about whatever went down in the Enchanted Forest. She isn't much of a grudge holder, and she almost always forgives her parents for whatever shenanigans they get up to (killing Cora, sending her through the wardrobe, etc.).

I'm so happy Snowing are front and center again. I've really missed them.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 01-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. I dont think mma would care if her parents aren't perfect. I do believe the Mean girls might be collecting a favor the Charmings owe them like with Emma and Rumple

Last edited by fox24; 01-23-2015 at 04:54 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Word. I think Emma honestly prefers her parents when they aren't free of flaws.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 01-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

If I had to guess, the backstory with the QoD probably takes place some time after they took back the kingdom. But not before Regina crashes their wedding. Maleficent seemed pretty content by then. She even tried to stop Regina from using the dark curse. Though I would imagine by now she's very different after being imprisoned in the basement.

Okay, this is getting confusing. We know Belle left Rumple when Grumpy was still Dreamy, which was before he met Snow. So the QoD were together long before Snow and Charming took back the kingdom. But they would have both been together because only the two of them would remember what happened. Two sides to every story, I guess.

Last edited by scififan2009; 01-23-2015 at 04:50 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 05:23 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
EXCLUSIVE 'Once Upon a Time' Scoop: Get to Know the Queens of Darkness!
(Leanne Aguilera went with the Queens of Darkness )
Thanks.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
Yeah, I don't see Emma being too peeved about whatever went down in the Enchanted Forest. She isn't much of a grudge holder, and she almost always forgives her parents for whatever shenanigans they get up to (killing Cora, sending her through the wardrobe, etc.).

I'm so happy Snowing are front and center again. I've really missed them.
Agree, she's not a grudge holder, but she does care about what happened in the past because it has effected her present as per your examples stated.

But Adam and Eddy are clear that the theme for 4B is "what makes a hero and what makes a villain?" so they are going to write stories which would highlight that for the hero and villain characters. And it is also made clear that Snow and Charming's hero status will be challenged (or at least they are going to try) this half of the season. Thus it makes sense for Emma, or even Henry, to do the questioning. So my speculation is Emma will care what happened to her parents, Snow/Charming, in the EF pre-dark curse and it will somehow have a present day influence/result/cost which would involve Emma. If she can help her parents either get out of their predicament or something, then she will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
If I had to guess, the backstory with the QoD probably takes place some time after they took back the kingdom. But not before Regina crashes their wedding. Maleficent seemed pretty content by then. She even tried to stop Regina from using the dark curse. Though I would imagine by now she's very different after being imprisoned in the basement.

Okay, this is getting confusing. We know Belle left Rumple when Grumpy was still Dreamy, which was before he met Snow. So the QoD were together long before Snow and Charming took back the kingdom. But they would have both been together because only the two of them would remember what happened. Two sides to every story, I guess.

Sorry, but I'm confused. Do you believe the deal was before the wedding or before/after Snow realized she was pregnant?

Last edited by CityGal; 01-23-2015 at 06:53 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread