Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The Wicked Witch of the West will be a big part of the @OnceABC back 9 episodes, says Paul Lee. #TCA14
X
Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think that Emma would rather have the reality of things than carry on with fake memories of a life that was not even real except for that one year. Emma would want to know the truth, she did not even want to leave in the first place ("But... I'm not done.").
Old 01-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
10:16 a.m. "We haven't made a decision on it," Lee says of the future of "Wonderland." He suggests, though, that the "Once" showrunners might weave assets from "Wonderland" into the Sunday show.
ABC Executive Session with Paul Lee Press Tour Live-Blog
Old 01-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. I really think they've already made a decision. The show tanked. They're not going to keep on with it.

And honestly, is there any room for any of the Wonderland characters? They're already giving too much airtime to the guest stars as it is. My Belle is never going to get airtime at this rate.

I wouldn't mind seeing Naveen Andrews as a villain though. This show needs a strong male villain. Peter Pan was a boy. And they've done the women villains to death, imo.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Adam says he'll be taking questions later, I guess at this TCA that's going on.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Geez the official Once FB and twitter are really putting the marketing on Captain Swan and Hook. It's like everyday they're just promoting something of either Hook/Emma or Hook.

It's weird because the FB nor Twitter is usually never this bias but for the past week and a half it's all been about Hook and Hook/Emma.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Geez the official Once FB and twitter are really putting the marketing on Captain Swan and Hook. It's like everyday they're just promoting something of either Hook/Emma or Hook.

It's weird because the FB nor Twitter is usually never this bias but for the past week and a half it's all been about Hook and Hook/Emma.
I have nothing against either of them, either together or separately, but I think this is going to backfire on them. The ratings certainly haven't been spectacular so far and only promoting one or two people and one couple is not going to do anything to improve that. JMO.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Thanks. I really think they've already made a decision. The show tanked. They're not going to keep on with it.
This is the same guy who claimed Agents of SHIELD is going to be around "for years to come" at the same event we're talking about here, though. What's been said about both shows today puts a new perspective on the OUAT rating as well. Of course it's a promotional event, but taking the very recent Killer Women disaster into account I don't think he's lying through his teeth for marketing's sake either. Wonderland doesn't stand a chance in it's current slot, but since they admitted that they should have stuck with it as a hiatus show I wouldn't be terribly shocked if ABC decides to give a mini series spin-off type of thing to bridge the OUAT winter break a shot again in the future.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 01-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
This is the same guy who claimed Agents of SHIELD is going to be around "for years to come" at the same event we're talking about here, though. What's been said about both shows today puts a new perspective on the OUAT rating as well. Of course it's a promotional event, but taking the very recent Killer Women disaster into account I don't think he's lying through his teeth for marketing's sake either. Wonderland doesn't stand a chance in it's current slot, but since they admitted that they should have stuck with it as a hiatus show I wouldn't be terribly shocked if ABC decides to give a mini series spin-off type of thing to bridge the OUAT winter break a shot again in the future.
That could be. I just don't really trust anything the executives say. They always spin things madly, lol.

I'm not really sure that Wonderland would have done all that much better as a bridge type series during the hiatus either. I think Once is a great concept, but they've slipped in the ratings. I don't think that would translate into good ratings for any spin off. It may be too much of the same kind of show.

Quote:
It's weird because the FB nor Twitter is usually never this bias but for the past week and a half it's all been about Hook and Hook/Emma
The official Once Twitter is really going overboard. They were talking about Colin making the list of 100 sexiest men on tv on some website. Well, Emilie was on the list for the women and I don't see them retweeting that.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Wonderland so I am hoping it moves to a new times slot and gets renewed
Old 01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

..Because the winter finale ended with them and will start again with them? I agree though that focus on them is not very good as not everyone is fond of Emma/Hook. (As a shipper I don't like that because it gives non shippers and haters the occasion of well.. hating)
They need to revise their resolutions (better promotion)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
That could be. I just don't really trust anything the executives say. They always spin things madly, lol.

I'm not really sure that Wonderland would have done all that much better as a bridge type series during the hiatus either. I think Once is a great concept, but they've slipped in the ratings. I don't think that would translate into good ratings for any spin off. It may be too much of the same kind of show.

The official Once Twitter is really going overboard. They were talking about Colin making the list of 100 sexiest men on tv on some website. Well, Emilie was on the list for the women and I don't see them retweeting that.
Yeah they mentioned Colin and Captain Swan making the list for sexiest man/best couple respectively but not Emilie nor any other character coupling.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah they mentioned Colin and Captain Swan making the list for sexiest man/best couple respectively but not Emilie nor any other character coupling.
Rumbelle and Emilie and Robert often are right near the top and are higher than other characters and couples on the show and even of all the other couples on tv. Same with Snowing. And I don't think the official twitter ever says anything about all the polls they win or place before any other Once couple in.

I adore Colin. I think he's a sweetheart, don't get me wrong. BUT. This is overboard and it's not fair to all the other characters and couples who also place on these polls and lists and so on and who have very large fanbases.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread