Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Besides, we already know that some things are going to happen - e.g Charming family reunion, people angry with Regina, people remembering who they are, etc. You don't need to come to this thread to know that those things are going to happen, so it wouldn't be spoiling anything to tease them in a video.

And there was that one tiny one of Philip and Aurora, so obviously they didn't mind releasing that.
Exactly. In fact the Phillip and Aurora snippet is probably more of a spoiler than a promo including the mob at Regina's house, people remembering etc. Unless you'd read it online, a casual audience member wouldn't know they were coming, but, you'd already know about the curse breaking and the whole town gunning for Regina.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
I agree.

And thanks for the spoilers. I can't wait to see how Regina gets her hands on the magic. I had a feeling magic would be trickier in Storybrooke than it was in Fairytale land. I wonder if Rumpel knows how it works.

And I agree, Betsy. Since the magic that Rumpel brought into the world was created from true love, I have a feeling only those who possess true love in their lives will be able to use it. Unfortunately, that puts Regina in quite a bind. Her true love is dead.
Gold probably zapped up Belle’s clothing because obviously stores would not be open, so hah….he can use it, lol. I wonder what the Queen tries to do that she fails at with the magic.

There’s that and also maybe it can only be used for anything regarding true love. So Gold could use his magic to try and find Bae or to zap up clothing for Belle, but Regina couldn’t use it to try and hurt Gold. I actually prefer it if these two couldn’t use magic as a weapon against the other – they did just fine without it. Gold doesn’t need magic to try and take her down – he’s fueled now by his eternal fury against her and obviously he’s smart, clever and patient. Regina needs it more, but she’s got her ways.

The notion that true love is magic and that magic can’t be tainted in any way is so appealingly romantic.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
Exactly. In fact the Phillip and Aurora snippet is probably more of a spoiler than a promo including the mob at Regina's house, people remembering etc. Unless you'd read it online, a casual audience member wouldn't know they were coming, but, you'd already know about the curse breaking and the whole town gunning for Regina.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890
Since the magic that Rumpel brought into the world was created from true love, I have a feeling only those who possess true love in their lives will be able to use it. Unfortunately, that puts Regina in quite a bind. Her true love is dead.
That would be an interesting twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle
There’s that and also maybe it can only be used for anything regarding true love. So Gold could use his magic to try and find Bae or to zap up clothing for Belle, but Regina couldn’t use it to try and hurt Gold. I actually prefer it if these two couldn’t use magic as a weapon against the other – they did just fine without it. Gold doesn’t need magic to try and take her down – he’s fueled now by his eternal fury against her and obviously he’s smart, clever and patient. Regina needs it more, but she’s got her ways.

The notion that true love is magic and that magic can’t be tainted in any way is so appealingly romantic.
They didn't seem to to use magic against each other much in FLT either, since I think if one of them could have taken the other out they probably would have without a doubt.

Which also makes me wonder exactly what the deal is between them? Maybe they can't use magic on each other for some reason? And that's why they get at each other though the ones they love.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

I bet Snow's "friend" is Emma.

Quote:
They didn't seem to to use magic against each other much in FLT either, since I think if one of them could have taken the other out they probably would have without a doubt.
Not Rumple, though. He needed her for the curse.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Exactly.

Which also makes me wonder exactly what the deal is between them? Maybe they can't use magic on each other for some reason? And that's why they get at each other though the ones they love.
I don’t recall Rumple going after Regina’s loved ones, though – not that she had any loved ones. Daniel had died long ago and she killed her father

Regina, I think, needs magic more than Gold. It’s not that she’s not intelligent, but she’s extremely emotional and very obvious in her ways; she’s just not subtle and cool like Gold. Plus, she’s always going to have these temporary allies in certain villains, but as the saying goes, there is no honor among thieves. The minute that “ally” gets what he needs, he’ll split – double crossing is a way of life among the evil, lol. Gold has someone to support him, to love him, to team with him (if necessary) – someone he can trust with his life. His love for Belle and hers for him is an enormous strength and an advantage for Gold. Of course, when you love someone, you also become vulnerable. Someone like Regina would consider that love a weak spot and take advantage of it. She’s done it once before with Belle – at some point, I’m sure she’ll do it again. It may not be physically – perhaps she’ll just torment Gold with the idea that something horrible could happen to Belle (even if nothing happens, she could plant these thoughts in his head, hoping he would be immobile to act because he’d fear for Belle).

I really think that once Bae comes to town (likely not until the end of the season), Regina will take advantage of his anger (he still loves his father, but that’s likely buried inside him), hurt and pain to recruit him to take Gold down. This would be a crushing blow to Gold, who could never hurt his son; I’m not sure he could survive this without Belle by his side. Yet another disadvantage to loving….this is why villains always seem to get the upper hand. As they generally don’t care about anyone or anything, there is nothing holding them back. Of course, it is a far, far better thing to love than to not.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Gold knows Regina's weaknesses. Henry and her mother. He will use them against Regina. I am sure.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I don’t recall Rumple going after Regina’s loved ones, though – not that she had any loved ones. Daniel had died long ago and she killed her father
Yes, she killed her father because Rumple created the curse so that it could only be set off by killing the person you love most. Then he handed it over to Regina.

He didn't have any left to love. So he manipulated Regina into doing unleashing it for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplestiltskin
You know what you love. Now go kill it.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't see how Regina was manipulated into casting the curse.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Yes, she killed her father because Rumple created the curse so that it could only be set off by killing the person you love most. Then he handed it over to Regina.

He didn't have any left to love. So he manipulated Regina into doing unleashing it for him.
Oh, I see what you're saying. Of course, it didn't mean Regina had to kill her father. She had the choice of not giving in to her anger and putting the idea of a curse aside and he begged her not to. Of course, her father also had a hand in killing Snow's father, so he wasn't exactly pure.

Quote:
I kind of agree. To me, this is just a much, much bigger version of his "let the buyer beware" deals he makes with people. He told Regina to kill the thing you love most -but the implication to me is that he's basically saying "ok, I created this curse, but the price you'll have to pay is killing the thing/one you love the most. Can you do it?"
If Regina had not done it, I'm sure Rumple would eventually have found a way to a land without magic, the same general area where Bae is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Gold knows Regina's weaknesses. Henry and her mother. He will use them against Regina. I am sure.
Her mother isn't around in SB and may never be. I don't think Gold would do anything to hurt Henry. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Whatever issues he had with Regina in the past and in SB now are moot as he's undoubtedly apoplectic about what she did to Belle. His entire motivation against her now will be revenge for that. Since obviously he's not going to kill her, he'll have to find some way to destroy her slowly, but surely.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
I agree.

And thanks for the spoilers. I can't wait to see how Regina gets her hands on the magic. I had a feeling magic would be trickier in Storybrooke than it was in Fairytale land. I wonder if Rumpel knows how it works.

And I agree, Betsy. Since the magic that Rumpel brought into the world was created from true love, I have a feeling only those who possess true love in their lives will be able to use it. Unfortunately, that puts Regina in quite a bind. Her true love is dead.
Hmmm...interesting
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Loyal Fan

It's intersting that the article mentions that we will get to see Storybrooke in the pre-Emma period. I was hoping they would do this. I'm curious to see if Baelfire showed up during that time - and Mr. Gold didn't remember having had a son. How bittersweet that would be for Bae to see his father finally free of magic, but still unwilling/unable to be with him. Also, this will hopefully mean we'll get more info on how Henry was adopted.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Absolute Fan

TVLINE BONUS SPOILER | An unexplored part of Snow White's past apparently includes one memorable knight. "Lancelot (played by Teen Wolf's Sinqua Walls) has a, uh, very 'complicated' relationship with Snow," Kitsis teases. "The two of them have a secret that I'm not sure Charming knows."

Read More at: [PHOTOS] Fall TV 2012 Preview — Spoilers - TVLine
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
Yeah, me either. A big theme in this show is that everyone has a choice and Rumpelstiltskin almost personifies that theme at times. He has done a lot of horrible things on this own, but it's funny to me some of the characters blame him for their own decisions.

It's not like he ruined Cinderella's life and then gave her the only way out. Her life was miserable and he showed up and gave her an option to leave (warned her of the consequences) and she chose to make a deal with him and then backed out when he came to collect his price.

Same with Regina. He may have used her to enact the curse, but he didn't force her to do it. She made than decision on her own and knew the consequences.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
TVLINE BONUS SPOILER | An unexplored part of Snow White's past apparently includes one memorable knight. "Lancelot (played by Teen Wolf's Sinqua Walls) has a, uh, very 'complicated' relationship with Snow," Kitsis teases. "The two of them have a secret that I'm not sure Charming knows."
Interesting! I had wondered if they were going to Charming is Arthur route, perhaps they are? Although, I don't think the timeline would fit and I could never see Snow having another romance after she met Charming.

It's a grey area with Rumple's deals really. Regina has to take personal responsibility for enacting the curse, but, at the same time I don't think it was a coincidence that she was one to do it. I think Rumple picked Regina and probably made sure she was pushed towards the curse.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 09-06-2012 at 10:18 AM
Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie09 (View Post)

Read More at: [PHOTOS] Fall TV 2012 Preview — Spoilers - TVLine
And there's this:

Quote:
One epic clash, of course, involves Rumplestiltskin and the Evil Queen, who took her own pleasure in seeing that purple smoke sweep through town. "They have this weird thing where they keep f—king each other over, yet they still seem to need each other," notes Kitsis. Case in point: Rumple has reunited with his true love, "so whatever Regina was saving Belle for just went away. And I have a feeling Rumple is going to want revenge." And while fairytale characters such as Sleeping Beauty, Mulan and Captain Hook will join the narrative, Horowitz promises, "It's all in service of the larger story we've been telling, centered on Snow White, Charming, their daughter Emma and their relationship with the Queen and Rumplestiltskin."
Ah, Gold's revenge on Regina will be so sweet. Belle is going to be pissed as well, based on simple common sense and what Emilie said at CC, so it will be fun to see what part she plays in this. Yep, Regina held onto Belle for some reason - and too long, though as Adam/Eddy have said in the past, had she tried to bargain with Gold, he likely would just have killed her.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 09-06-2012 at 10:18 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread