Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. The idea of three different stories taking place in three different places every episode sounds exhausting. Even in Lost (which got really complicated at times) they didn't have that much going on. I feel like everything will be rushed and the easy transitions from the stories in FTL to the relating story in Storybrooke that made the show so great last season, aren't going to be so easy to follow this season.

I have a weird feeling that the producers are worried about the "sophomore curse" and decided to go all out this season and hit the audience with non-stop excitement in every episode which might rob from the great dialogue and emotional scenes. It might also keep new viewers from watching the show because with three separate story lines, things would be extremely confusing to catch up on.

I'm still remaining optimistic and hope that somehow this will all work out. I really love this show and it's characters and would hate to see it go off the deep end.

Btw: taragenie, I love your avatar
Yeah I'm worried about this too. I won't judge until I see the episodes though, it might turn out amazing. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie09 (View Post)
So do I. It would explain why they're in a couple of episodes but haven't been spotted filming with any of the other characters. They haven't been spotted filming in SB have they? I'm guessing that Snow and Emma get sent to FTL in the past.
Mulan, Aurora, Phillip, and Lancelot have yet to be spotted in SB. We got a report of Emma, Snow, Mulan, and Lancelot filming together at some lake for episode 3.

Hook hasn't been spotted in SB either.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. The idea of three different stories taking place in three different places every episode sounds exhausting. Even in Lost (which got really complicated at times) they didn't have that much going on. I feel like everything will be rushed and the easy transitions from the stories in FTL to the relating story in Storybrooke that made the show so great last season, aren't going to be so easy to follow this season. I have a weird feeling that the producers are worried about the "sophomore curse" and decided to go all out this season and hit the audience with non-stop excitement in every episode which might rob from the great dialogue and emotional scenes. It might also keep new viewers from watching the show because with three separate story lines, things would be extremely confusing to catch up on. I'm still remaining optimistic and hope that somehow this will all work out. I really love this show and it's characters and would hate to see it go off the deep end. Btw: taragenie, I love your avatar
I was worried about the "all out" idea when Adam and Eddy said they were going to take all the toys off the shelf. They are bombarding us with new characters who seem like they are going to get enormous air time.....unlike most of the new characters last year who were one and done. I wish they'd go easy already and focus on the characters we know and love. I feel like this could be LOST all over again - too many new characters, when all the audience really wanted was focus on the original Losties.

I think the emotions will be there because it can't be helped given all the reunions. You have the Charming family issues, Rumbelle, eventually Pinocchio/Gepetto, etc...... If it turns out that ONCE focuses on action and not character development/emotions, I will be supremely disappointed.

They seem to think they can do it all and are setting themselves up for a big fall if it doesn't work out - I hope they can do it all.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Ginnifer just tweeted this

"Dear Friends, I'm off to Fairy Tale Land. Let's tweet again soon!"

I wonder if she's filming a Snow flashback or if it's Emma and Snow if FTL. Do we know what episode they are on and who the flashback focuses on?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie09 (View Post)
Ginnifer just tweeted this

"Dear Friends, I'm off to Fairy Tale Land. Let's tweet again soon!"

I wonder if she's filming a Snow flashback or if it's Emma and Snow if FTL. Do we know what episode they are on and who the flashback focuses on?
I don't think it will be flashbacks since episode 3 is Snow centric. Since Sarah just tweeted about filming too, I'm sure they're filming wherever Snow and Emma are in the present. It's rumored to be Dr. Whale centric, but nobody knows for sure.

More pics from the premiere:

Old 09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Josh and Jared are so completely adorable!

Seriously, no promo yet? WTF, there's like 24 days to go, and we know they've been doing promo shots, so where is everything?

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Those pics of Charming and Henry have me crying my eyes right now!

...but in a good way.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

This looks like a new Regina promo pic, right?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Evil Queen promo pic:

Could it look more plastic? Well, at least we know that they exist
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Behold, the great ABC Once Upon a Time Season 2 Media Push:

The Detailed Season 2 Outline:

Quote:
Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on one's GPS, but it's a place where magic is coming!

To ensure that no one in fairytale land – especially Snow White – had any more "happily ever afters," Evil Queen Regina cast a curse which trapped the fairytale characters, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Although still alive, they had no knowledge of their former selves and were sleepwalking through life – ageless -- for 28 years, until a savior arrived in the form of Emma Swan. Unbeknownst to Emma, she was the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, who had whisked her out of fairytale land and into our world as an infant to save her from the curse. Abandoned as a baby, Emma's life was anything but magical; her last job was as a bail bondsperson, but she mostly drifted without much of a life plan. When her 10-year-old son, Henry -- whom she had given up for adoption years earlier -- appeared on her doorstep with a book of fairytales and a wild story about how Emma was the progeny of fairytale characters trapped in a town called Storybrooke, she thought he was crazy. But curiosity got the better of her, and when she brought Henry back to the town – where Regina, ever the control freak, had made herself mayor and was also Henry's adoptive mother -- Emma soon discovered that Storybrooke was more than it seemed. Over time she came to believe the stories were true, began to see cracks in the curse, and was finally able to break it.

Reality and myth were merged as the fairytale characters began awakening, once the curse was lifted, and remembered who they were. But to their dismay they were not transported back to fairytale land. And to make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin – aka Mr. Gold – in an effort to gain the upper hand in his power struggle with Regina, introduced magic into the town. In fairytales magic has its place, but in our world it can have unfathomable consequences. Now the fairytale characters must contend with magic in their quest to find a way home, as new fairytale characters are revealed, old acquaintances are revisited, and some we had come to believe could be trusted will turn against their own kind.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

"Once Upon a Time" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are creators and executive producers. Steve Pearlman is also executive producer. The show is from ABC Studios.
Source

The Massive Media Campaign:

Source

Which it turns out is exactly the same one as they used last year...

Yeah, ABC are really doing a great job at handling this.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
Evil Queen promo pic:

Could it look more plastic? Well, at least we know that they exist
Every promo pic for every show I watch is always shopped to death, it's to be expected.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Behold, the great ABC Once Upon a Time Season 2 Media Push:

This is sort of old except they updated it a bit. I have always thought this was written by someone who didn't watch the show. Gold did not bring magic back because he wanted to get the upper hand on Regina. What's the difference if they both have magic or neither has magic? None - level playing field.

Um, not exactly original of ABC. Why are they treating ONCE as if it's no big deal?

LOL If that's Regina's promo pic, I fear for the rest of the cast. That is so awful........and I'm sick of apples already. I love to eat them, but in terms of the show, that's last year!

I just watched Jeopardy and of course ABC promos Revenge, but nada for ONCE........

Last edited by Betsybelle; 09-05-2012 at 04:32 PM
Old 09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Behold, the great ABC Once Upon a Time Season 2

This is so lame! I don't think I ever remember a successful show using the exact same promotional materials from one season to the next. It makes it seem like ABC has given up on the show and won't even give it a proper budget to develop new material.

They could have at least used that one unique poster they developed that we saw on Facebook, with Emma standing in Storybrooke with her sword and facing the purple mist. I really hope that we don't only see these recycled promotional posters. I hope something new comes out soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty sure that's not a promo picture for Lana/Evil Queen. Remember Ginny tweeted that she, Jen, Josh, and Lana did a little something something for this issue. Looks like the Evil Queen made the cover but I expect we'll see a group picture inside.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I actually wonder if they're getting another article closer to the premiere date. They could be on the cover for that.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
This is so lame! I don't think I ever remember a successful show using the exact same promotional materials from one season to the next. It makes it seem like ABC has given up on the show and won't even give it a proper budget to develop new material.

They could have at least used that one unique poster they developed that we saw on Facebook, with Emma standing in Storybrooke with her sword and facing the purple mist. I really hope that we don't only see these recycled promotional posters. I hope something new comes out soon.
They'll have to be pretty quick, because there's only about 24 days to go until the premiere. How long do you wait exactly before promoting a show?

I know the BBC usually does 2 weeks for popular shows, maybe a month for super popular shows (I've only ever seen it do that for Top Gear and Doctor Who), but I don't know how it works in the States.

Besides, we know they've shot photos, because the cast has been tweeting about it, and they filmed the Captain Hook thing for Comic Con, so I can't see why they haven't released the promos for the show proper by now!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread