Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

I ship them so hard too That's why I was glad to have a young and handsome hatter. Hopefully they'll go down that route and bring Alice as a love interest eventually. Maybe she's the one in the asylum, that sure would be a twist worth of Alice in Wonderland heh.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I just can't imagine them bringing in the Hatter and not Alice. That'll be crazy, lol. Also like you said he's young & handsome, so why waste the opportunity?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think it would be interesting to have Alice be one of the few who remembers fable land since she would be originally from "our" world and now she is stuck in storybrook would just be a nice little interesting thing.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 PM
New Fan

Alice, however, was not a resident of Wonderland; she only visited. The Mad Hatter and all the inhabitants of Wonderland wouldn't age in their universe, which in the context of the show would also be fairytale land, but in our universe, where she lived, Alice would have died roughly seventy years ago.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe Emma is supposed to be a new version of Alice.

Bonnie&Damon - Sara&Neal - Clark&Lois - Ted&Robin - Buffy&Angel - Peyton&Lucas - Peeta&Katniss - Jaime&Brienne - Dom&Letty - Alex&Rosie
Old 02-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

She's still a fairytale character so I dont think it matters much. Besides, they have changed quite a few things already.

Emma is Emma, she doesnt have a fairytale counterpart.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

There are so many ways to keep Alice young. Time could move faster between the two realms, she could have come back as a young adult and ended up staying there and stop aging.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I like that this show isn't following the fairy tales exactly and is adding its own little twists here and there. It would be boring otherwise.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiscollapsing (View Post)
I like that this show isn't following the fairy tales exactly and is adding its own little twists here and there. It would be boring otherwise.
Twists are fine, but it is already boring when you have Rumple in every fairy tale taking over something else that was essential to it. They even took away the fun of the characters not knowing who he was and knowing his name which leads to his demise in his own fairytale.

If anyone here has read Fables (if you havent then you should, if you like this you would like that), they combined 3 of the princes into 1 character but it didnt change anything huge except after the happy ending we saw originally for a lot of characters they ended up in divorce since Prince Charming couldnt be a one lady man. They made Cinderella/Dorothy into spies, they had Snow/Big Bad Wolf aka Bigsby into a couple. Their original fairy tales still happened but they added on to them for what happened after the story ended.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I love Fables <3 I wish they had been able to adapt it for TV.

I agree that Rumple showing up in every single fairy tale is annoying and tedious but I don't mind that he shows up in Beauty & The Beast. At least, I'm planning on watching the episode before I make my final judgment calls.

The show just needs to incorporate more villains. Like, I really hope it's Ursula that gives Ariel her legs and NOT Rumplestilskin.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiscollapsing (View Post)
I love Fables <3 I wish they had been able to adapt it for TV.

I agree that Rumple showing up in every single fairy tale is annoying and tedious but I don't mind that he shows up in Beauty & The Beast. At least, I'm planning on watching the episode before I make my final judgment calls.

The show just needs to incorporate more villains. Like, I really hope it's Ursula that gives Ariel her legs and NOT Rumplestilskin.
Me to! Fables needs to be adapted into a tv show so badly.

Im not going to hate on the whole episode before seeing it but just hate the small fact that they are making Rumple into the "beast".

I agree that they need to incorporate more villans, Regina/Rumple are fine for the first half of the season but so far they seem to be the only big threats in fable land and storybrooke. Even Mal didnt seem that much of a threat but that may be only because we saw her in a friendly ineraction.

And if the thought of getting rid of Ursula for Rumple, I would flip a cow.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess it seems like Rumpelstiltskin has been inserted in all the fairy tales, but he really hasn't been as much as Regina/EQ. Think about True North. All Mr. Gold did was help Emma locate the owner of the compass in Storybrooke. 2 minutes. But Regina was all over the Hansel & Gretel story in FTL, leaving almost nothing for Emma Caulfield's blind witch. The story was completely rewritten to give Regina a place in it. I think she gets more face-time than anyone else.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I wish they had done more with The Blind Witch =\
Old 02-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwcd889 (View Post)
Alice, however, was not a resident of Wonderland; she only visited. The Mad Hatter and all the inhabitants of Wonderland wouldn't age in their universe, which in the context of the show would also be fairytale land, but in our universe, where she lived, Alice would have died roughly seventy years ago.
Welcome! That's an interesting theory. Never thought of it like that.

I still hope they find a way to include her.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I guess it seems like Rumpelstiltskin has been inserted in all the fairy tales, but he really hasn't been as much as Regina/EQ. Think about True North. All Mr. Gold did was help Emma locate the owner of the compass in Storybrooke. 2 minutes. But Regina was all over the Hansel & Gretel story in FTL, leaving almost nothing for Emma Caulfield's blind witch. The story was completely rewritten to give Regina a place in it. I think she gets more face-time than anyone else.
IA; it's one of the things that is really ruining my enjoyment of the show. I was really upset over what they did with the Blind Witch. Why even bother to write her in if they're just gonna give the vast majority of it to EQ anyways? EQ does not need to be in every story. We get that she is evil and awful. We don't need to see it every single episode.

-Hannah
Closed Thread   Post New Thread